Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do you think they will ever make a fiesta st with a 2.0L Turbo?

I am hoping, since the 2017 Fusion is getting a 2.7L v6 turbo, that they increase the engine in the FoST and the FiST

I wouldn't count on it. And if they did, expect a larger, heavier fiesta to go with it. Nobody wants that! =)

Dib

doubt it, I forsee this car to be more like the GTI, same motor for over a decade, just more and more refinement.

Izzy

I wouldn't count on it. And if they did, expect a larger, heavier fiesta to go with it. Nobody wants that! =)
What he said!! Im sure in time there will be stroker kits available to increase displacement, and perhaps even a motor mount kit to install the FoST engine. Just give it time.

What he said!! Im sure in time there will be stroker kits available to increase displacement, and perhaps even a motor mount kit to install the FoST engine. Just give it time.
that would be awesome! I think anther 2-300cc and this engine/car will just be perfect

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
As cars continue to get bigger and fatter as each year goes by I would not be shocked to see a 3200lbs fiesta ST with a 2L in 5-7 years. I mean, look at what they did to the "mini"

Any idea how much bigger and heavier the FoST 2.0L is compared to the 1.6L? I know much of the layout is similar. Tempting as more and more junkyard motors come available and the 252hp starting point is nice.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Any idea how much bigger and heavier the FoST 2.0L is compared to the 1.6L? I know much of the layout is similar. Tempting as more and more junkyard motors come available and the 252hp starting point is nice.
77lbs heavier.

Source: Google search: "ecoboost engine weight"

1.6L 251lbs
2.0L 328lbs

The 2.0 is huge compared to the 1.6.

There was a Mazda show car that had a 2.3 in a Mazda 2 which is the same basic block as the Ford 2.0/2.3 Ecoboost and the Mazda 2 is the same platform but that was a show car called Boy Racer or something, not a production candidate.

The trend isn't bigger car -> bigger engine, the trend is bigger car -> same size engine or same size car -> smaller engine.

The Fiesta is getting a makeover soon, I think 2017. If we are not lucky it might be 1.0 EcoBoost only.

I have my 2014 so I'm not worried and I have no temptation to try and shoehorn a 2.0 in it. A stroker might be neat but since the 1.6 is the largest engine in it's family (except for the Puma 1.7 which isn't compatible), there is no easy or inexpensive option.

I don't see this as much of a problem, the 1.6 can be tuned to a level where the Fiesta ST is about as fast as a Mustang GT in a straight line, trying to go much faster is very difficult with FWD even if you have a bunch more power.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
A 1.8L stroker with a fiesta ST plus gear set would be perfect with a DHM quick spool kit. Wonder what the top speed with a 26" tall tire will be in 4th gear with that new gear ratio. Using 5th in the 1/4 mile will be tough.

I looked in to it a little bit, it could be done but it would be very expensive with a billet crank, custom rods and possibly custom pistons. You could sink a huge amount of money in to it for an increase of 10% or less.

With the right turbo kit, you are looking at around 80% increase in power for less than $5,000 so there is a ton of lower hanging fruit.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think a 1.8 would be perfect as built the first 1.8 1ZZ Matrix turbo and it worked really well, my power goal was not high, 250WHP, it had zero lag and for the use it was perfect. I would want at least 300WHP and zero lag or next to zero and it would be incredible in this car. It was a fairly simply build, log manifold, 5th injector, etc...

If it was not for being retired and preparing to sell the house, shop, all my other projects and go full time RVing I would of likely designed and built a twin scroll turbo system for this car, I have done it before on another car, manifold took 50 hours to build!

It was a hybrid, equal length, firing order sequence, single WG manifold which I would of done on this car as well and it would of been much more work but I build such things to the highest degree I can. It is not something I could ever make a living at so it would be a one off design I am sure as I had to rebuild the engine mount, relocate the coolers, etc...why half ass something;)

As cars continue to get bigger and fatter as each year goes by I would not be shocked to see a 3200lbs fiesta ST with a 2L in 5-7 years. I mean, look at what they did to the "mini"
Look what they did with the Mustang! I believe the platforms were based on Falcon to Fairmount to a shortened Lincoln LS, and I don't know what the S550 is based on.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Camaro, Mustang, slab sided Dodge, all porky with tiny interiors and all over the road, give me something small and nimble and takes up less space but has more inside and not seeing them all day long....:)

Look what they did with the Mustang! I believe the platforms were based on Falcon to Fairmount to a shortened Lincoln LS, and I don't know what the S550 is based on.
Be glad that there are not any car platforms as crappy as the Falcon any more. Those things would flex if you gave them a crooked look.

The new mustang is going in the right direction, they reduced the weight, switched to IRS at the same time and upgraded the interior for the European market.

The Fiesta is Ford's smallest car in the US market but it is bigger than the Fiat 500, Chevy Spark and Smart cars so Ford might be tempted to shrink or weight reduce the fiesta for fuel economy (although with current gasoline prices that pressure might be very low).

I have my fingers crossed for a relatively minor facelift, maybe ditch the rear drums and add more standard infotainment and driver aids to attract tech savvy young buyers.

Partial hybrid technology and an electric version might be on their mind but I think the chances of that are not terribly high.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
There is already an aftermarket solid rear axle for the new Mustang:(

I have seen C5 and C6 Vettes, likely a C7 or more done now as well [shameful]

C6 Z06 solid axle, auto trans swap....[mecry]

------------------

Ford has their hybrid tall Fiesta already, at least it looks like on that platform but maybe the Focus was used, mini SUV, not very attractive so maybe they have something better looking planned.

------------------

All the "muscle cars" were just flexibly flyers with big engines, stripes, etc, some looked pretty cool but not much else going for them and by today's standards most really not that fast even in a straight line, I drove Bugs and then 510s back then:)

------------------