Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do you think they will ever make a fiesta st with a 2.0L Turbo?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Be glad that there are not any car platforms as crappy as the Falcon any more. Those things would flex if you gave them a crooked look.

The new mustang is going in the right direction, they reduced the weight, switched to IRS at the same time and upgraded the interior for the European market.

The Fiesta is Ford's smallest car in the US market but it is bigger than the Fiat 500, Chevy Spark and Smart cars so Ford might be tempted to shrink or weight reduce the fiesta for fuel economy (although with current gasoline prices that pressure might be very low).

I have my fingers crossed for a relatively minor facelift, maybe ditch the rear drums and add more standard infotainment and driver aids to attract tech savvy young buyers.

Partial hybrid technology and an electric version might be on their mind but I think the chances of that are not terribly high.
New mustang actually gained weight, no lie. They need to use a bunch of aluminum or watch Chevy walk away with the competition. The new Camaro is impressive to say the least, and I am a GM hater

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Everyone complains about the weight increase of a platform that has gained over 1,000 lbs in its lifespan. Cars evolve, gotta learn to accept it. Maybe petition Ford to get the Ka stateside?

The FiST is all about balance. If you want a straight line rocket ship this is not the car. If you want a balanced canyon carver we have already arrived. I don't see the point or draw of a bigger, heavier engine. This car is special. It is so great at what it does, but some people will never be satisfied with anything they have I guess...

-WWD

Engineering is all about compromise and the Fiesta ST is clearly compromised toward handling and low end torque.

We can change the turbo to move the low end torque compromise toward high end power, losing some of the low end torque that we can't really turn in to acceleration. Doing that doesn't sacrifice the handling unlike the weight of a 2.0 swap would.

Its never going to be everything for everyone but it can be pretty damn fast and handle at the same time.

GAbOS

It has the hoot and holler of my AWD 4B11T but 400% more practicality. This was a hard choice from my Mitsu but in retrospect, I made the right choice. I still have my project e30v8 and zero payments. Lancers with AWD hold their resale. ;>

If I wanted a Ford Turbo-Stupid project car than it would be the SVO, which I have not counted out yet. Lima FTW!

doubt it, I forsee this car to be more like the GTI, same motor for over a decade, just more and more refinement.
You know there's been a brand new motor every generation right? 06-08.5 BPY FSI, 08.5-2014 CBFA/CCTA TSI, 2015+ Gen3 TSI. Each motor only shares a few parts between them.

Dib

You know there's been a brand new motor every generation right? 06-08.5 BPY FSI, 08.5-2014 CBFA/CCTA TSI, 2015+ Gen3 TSI. Each motor only shares a few parts between them.
obviously not, I figured they were all the same because they've had the same numbers for a decade. the more you know.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Sounds like something VW would do.... 3 different engines that share nothing with the same displacement in a relatively short amount of time, lol.... I so hate VW. But they have been building some impressive stuff lately

Deli

Depending on gas prices coming up in the near future, I can actually see them putting an even smaller engine in the Fiesta ST, but also making it a smaller platform for the people moving into city areas with limited parking. It also really depends on what engines will be built for all the inevitable autonomous cars that will be made. I think this will dictate the market whether we like it or not.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Focus ST got a 2.0T (similar to GTI) in the future and not the Fiesta ST getting one. Depending on gas prices coming up in the near future, I can actually see them putting an even smaller engine in the Fiesta ST, but also making it a smaller platform for the people moving into city areas with limited parking. It also really depends on what engines will be built for all the inevitable autonomous cars that will be made. I think this will dictate the market whether we like it or not.
I think you've got a typo.

Deli

The Focus ST is a 2.0L.
Thank you sir, just corrected this. Completely my mistake. I swore the FoST was sharing the same 2.3L as the ecoboost mustang, but just using a different turbo and tune. Shows my ignorance I guess, which I have no problem admitting. I still think there is a better chance of the FiST going for a smaller engine rather than a larger one, but that's just my opinion.