Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone know about tire pressure sensors ?

Ok the other day I get in the car and the tps sensor light is on. Get out to find I have a flat tire with a nail in it awesome considering they have about 2k on them... Any way put the spare on took the flat one in the house for the moment. Now I'm assuming the spare has a sensor in it as well ? For the rest of the day I ge message every once in a while saying tire monitor fail? Is that because it couldn't find the 5th wheel since it was at home ? Now today the light is completely gone. So did it just recalibrate for 4 wheels?
Also I took the issue one to a tire shop to have patched and plugged they charged me a few bucks for tps sensor. Do you have to replace that everytime you dismount and mount a tire just curious.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The spare doesn't have a TPMS. You'll need to drive it for 20 miles for it to trigger the TPMS light. You do not have to replace it when you dismount and mount the tire, people remove them all the time and swap them on aftermarket wheels.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Most tire shops insist that you replace the valve stem.
However they can not force you to do so.
Doing just a flat repair does not require the valve stem to be removed only the valve core.
It is just the shop's way of making a little more money.

Dave

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Why did the light go out on its own with the spare on ? Doesn't it relize one is not registering since the spare doesn't have one

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Why did the light go out on its own with the spare on ? Doesn't it relize one is not registering since the spare doesn't have one
The light turns off everytime you turn off your car, like MKVIIST said you have to drive it far enough for the tpms light to get triggered again.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Hmmm it was on after putting the spare on in the parking lot and didn't go off for a two days ..