Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does sunroof decrease headroom

My ST doesn't have a sunroof, but I'm looking for a second. I want to say they both use the same headliner that drops like 1 1/2 inches just behind your head. It's there to give room for the sunroof, if equipped. Am I wrong? It's a long drive to see the one I found. I tend to need headroom. thanks

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The specs should be available on-line for that information. Google it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
My first fist was base seats and no sunroof. I just picked up new one with recaros and sunroof. The sunroof IMO does take up a little bit not much like other cars. I do feel the recaros sit up higher also and not completely happy with compared to my old base seats.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My first fist was base seats and no sunroof. I just picked up new one with recaros and sunroof. The sunroof IMO does take up a little bit not much like other cars. I do feel the recaros sit up higher also and not completely happy with compared to my old base seats.
No sunroof here felt it was too far back plus did not want to pay for it. As far as the Recaros go I am looking at ways to modify the base to drop them down an inch to inch and a half. The base bottom that bolts to the seat rails has a 2-2.5 inch plate on either side with a crossbar about an inch down. I think we could effectively cut a piece out on either side and weld the shortened sides together.

Otherwise I absolutely love how they feel sitting in them. I just feel they could be a bit lower

LILIKE16ST

it dies have less headroom with the moonroof. I have base seats and no moonroof and the way I adjust my seat I have about 4 or 5 inches of room between top of my head and roof and I am 6 foot 3. I sat in one at a nearby dealer while back that had a moonroof and recaros and I adjusted the seat the exact same way and my head was literally grazing the roof. some of that could be the recaros and some is due to the moonroof but it was very noticeable the recaros felt great once situated in them but I would not want to get in and out of them every day. I would love to have them when driving hard through corners but any other time I'm just fine with my base seats. the recaros and moonroof add about 40 or so lbs to a base at also. the moonroof is over half of that and it's in the worst place