Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dom's FiST from Boston

Hey everyone,

Snowed in for the third day out of the last 7, and recovering from celebrating the Pats win last night so i figure now is as good a time as any to make a "build" thread.

Objective:

Improve the already impressive "all-around" base created by Ford. Fast, fun, lightweight commuter, road tripper, ski tripper, casual racer, tailgater, family hauler, friend hauler, grocery getter, back road blaster, etc. etc.

Mods:

Under the hood:
ATP Front Mount Intercooler and hot side hard pipe
CPE Ram Air Intake
Cobb AP with a custom 93 dyno tune courtesy of Justin@freektune
mountune short shift bracket
2.5" Custom cat-back stainless steel piping with Magnapack resonator
Boomba Racing rear motor mount
Boomba Racing shifter cable bracket bushings
Boomba Racing Oil Cap
DHM Sound Symposer Delete
No-Pistons battery tie-down

On the road:
17x7.5 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Anthracite finish
215/40r17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs
BC Racing BR-Spec coilovers
Steeda Adjustable Endlinks

On the outside
OEM UK Ford Projectors w/ 4300k HIDs
mountune spoiler extensions
Maxton Design front splitter
Perrin Shorty anetnna
DMB UK Black/Silver Ford Badges
35% tint
Front plate delete
Thule Ski Rack - winter only!

On the inside
WC Lathe Werks Black Copolymer Shift Knob
Redlinegoods Black Nappa Leather Shift Boot & Armrest Cover
OEM UK Ford Power button
No-pistons dead pedal

Pictures:

At this point i've done most of what i've wanted, improved what i thought needed improving and she's just about where i want her. The only thing I may be changing is the wheel setup - i like the idea of smaller, lighter wheels with wider tires. The OZ Ultraleggeras have my attention.

Feel free to comment with questions, suggestions, unrelated, etc. Thanks for lookin!

One last thing, hey Sherman, how many rings does Brady have?

Ohh okay that's what i thought. Thanks buddy!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Can't looking car man. I love that color combo. I'll be getting a new wheel/tire setup this spring. Just bought Cobb's exhaust and intake and will be installing them soon then going from there!

felopr

typo on the rims 17 * 17.5 [ohcrap]
also, dont you think a tire size 15 the car would just smoke them with so much torque + no lsd?

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #7
I absolutely love your car.[hihi]
Great looking FiST and nice mod list!
Great looking Car !!
Can't looking car man. I love that color combo. I'll be getting a new wheel/tire setup this spring. Just bought Cobb's exhaust and intake and will be installing them soon then going from there!
Thanks a ton guys! Kip that sounds like a good plan. What wheels/tires are you looking at?

typo on the rims 17 * 17.5 [ohcrap]
also, dont you think a tire size 15 the car would just smoke them with so much torque + no lsd?
Ahah good eye thanks buddy.

And I'm not entirely sure how changing the wheel size would cause them to spin more? Is it because of the lighter weight therefore less energy to spin them? I'm hoping with a slightly wider and stickier tire it will help keep from spinning with there being a wider contact patch. If I'm wrong let me hear it, i'm no expert.

A big part of the reason that i'm considering downsizing is for comfort. When I swapped over my 15" winters after spending the summer on 17's, I couldn't believe the difference in ride quality. I know winters are a softer compound than summer tires but there should still be a noticeable comfort difference on 15" summers vs 17s.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks a ton guys! Kip that sounds like a good plan. What wheels/tires are you looking at?

Ahah good eye thanks buddy.

And I'm not entirely sure how changing the wheel size would cause them to spin more? Is it because of the lighter weight therefore less energy to spin them? I'm hoping with a slightly wider and stickier tire it will help keep from spinning with there being a wider contact patch. If I'm wrong let me hear it, i'm no expert.

A big part of the reason that i'm considering downsizing is for comfort. When I swapped over my 15" winters after spending the summer on 17's, I couldn't believe the difference in ride quality. I know winters are a softer compound than summer tires but there should still be a noticeable comfort difference on 15" summers vs 17s.
I'm either doing a 16 or 17 inch Sparcos with Michelin all season tires. I would like a summer performance tire but they just don't seem to last long and I heard the new all seasons last a lot longer and provide just as good performance as the all summer performance tires do. They will be worth the extra cash if they end up lasting longer.

And I'll be going 205/45 for the same reason as you, comfort. And the I like the look it gives; that lowered look. And I like the multispoke look so that's why I'm going with the Sparco Assetto Garas.

gabe

Dmondi12 Did you have to mod anything on the car to fit the ATP FMIC? Also what Perrin shorty antenna did you use? Seems Perrin doesn't sell things specifically for our cars.[redface][8]

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #10

gabe

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #12
Thank you very much!! I think that ATP will be my first real mod after my Amsoil oil change. How did you install the mountune wing extension? Is that basically just taped on?
It's some crazy industrial strength adhesive they give you to mount it with. I only applied it to the bottom of the spoiler and extensions in case i ever need to take it off hopefully you won't be able to see any damage to the paint. It has been rock solid through constant highway speeds, crazy weather and 3ft of snow.

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #16
How do you find the reception with the short antenna? Considering picking one up.
Take Gabe’s word for it for i never listened to FM on the stock antenna. I do listen to FM radio every morning nowadays and never have an issue, sometimes a little static where I think the stock antenna wouldn’t but nothing bad. XM radio is unaffected as it is a different antenna altogether.

Love the setup, man! Looks killer! Did you end up hooking up the LED DRLs on your UK Headlamps?
Thanks bud! No I have not done that yet. IMHO I think LED strips are a little tacky but the look has been growing on me a little bit so maybe I’ll tackle that as a small project this summer. The headlights function 100% without hooking up the DRLs.

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #17
Its been a while! It was a disgustingly long and disgusting winter up here and a busy spring so not much has changed, besides a new front lip!

Ran into a couple buddies at a weekly car show and it turned into an hour long impromptu photoshoot. Here's some of the goods:

This one was by far my favorite:

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Its been a while! It was a disgustingly long and disgusting winter up here and a busy spring so not much has changed, besides a new front lip!

Ran into a couple buddies at a weekly car show and it turned into an hour long impromptu photoshoot. Here's some of the goods:

This one was by far my favorite:

How's your buddy like the new Focus?

Car looks great man. Wheels look awesome with that color combo.

OP
dmondi12
Thread Starter #19
How's your buddy like the new Focus?

Car looks great man. Wheels look awesome with that color combo.
Thanks buddy! He loves it. He had a 2013 silver fost for a while and seems to like pretty much everything about the 15 better (as do i). Its like they took everything aesthetic that was better on the fiesta (headlights, hood bulge, center console layout) and merged it with the 2014 focus.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I do like that last photo too. Really shows off the frontal changes to the Focus. I would never pick yellow, but I think it still looks great!