Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe install DIY with pics!

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #84
Please put them back up, I just received my 2J down pipe today and want to install it this weekend. [wrenchin]
I was going to do it that day but Photobucket is being really dumb without paying for the membership in order to host the pics. I'm searching for the photos in my computer and reupload it when I can

Bumping this, I’m working in the DP now - is there any use for antiseize in this prodess, either in the DP bolts or the O2 sensors, or is that a no go?

Would like to do what I can now to make future removal as easy as possible if I go for a bigger turbo

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bumping this, I’m working in the DP now - is there any use for antiseize in this prodess, either in the DP bolts or the O2 sensors, or is that a no go?

Would like to do what I can now to make future removal as easy as possible if I go for a bigger turbo
I used anti-seize in the turbo to downpipe studs. I have yet to take it apart so I don’t know how much it helps, but I don’t see how it would hurt

haste

1000 Post Club
I used anti-seize in the turbo to downpipe studs. I have yet to take it apart so I don’t know how much it helps, but I don’t see how it would hurt
Same here. One bolt broke the very first time I took it all apart which seems to be par for the course. I've had mine apart about 3-4 times since then without an issue. I always use new bolts when putting it back together.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
If pulling the turbo and manifold will the downpipe come out through the top once the turbo and mani are out of the way?

If it fits, seems like it would be easier than disturbing (in my case) the Thermal RD midpipe as it's oriented perfectly right now in its brace/mount. It seems to be a really tight fit pulling out the bottom as well

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If pulling the turbo and manifold will the downpipe come out through the top once the turbo and mani are out of the way?

If it fits, seems like it would be easier than disturbing (in my case) the Thermal RD midpipe as it's oriented perfectly right now in its brace/mount. It seems to be a really tight fit pulling out the bottom as well
This is what I intended to do to remove my s280 setup from my Orange car from the top with the downpipe intact. That’s if I don’t sell the whole setup complete in the car.