Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driverside Trans Mount Insert concerns

I have a 2015 Fiesta ST, yesterday I installed the street spec trans mount insert from whoosh. Install was easy enough. I made sure every bolt and nut was in properly and tightened good (but not too much). I also have a whoosh street spec RMM I installed about 6 or 7 months ago as well, idk if that is relevant to this but yeah.

So far shifting feels amazing! The shifter feels like its moving more precise and theres no unnecessary slop. No added NVH either at idle. So far so good. I love it!

The only issue now is that when I hit big or small bumps or holes, I hear a pretty noticeable clunk noise. And I can feel the vibration from the clunk through the whole car. Now it doesn't do this every single time i hit a bump. Idk if the restricted movement it's making me hear bumps more or whatever. But it definitely feels and sounds like something came loose and is clunking around.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, idk. And the mount is the one and only thing I removed when I did the install. I even jacked up the trans enough so it sat flush with the mount when I put the mount back in the engine bay.

I know it's a long post, but I just wanted to explain as much as I could. Thank you for any replies.

Attachments

I can't comment about that mount, as I only have the whoosh RMM installed. My car used to have a very pronounced clunk when I went over speed bumps, but after I changed the worn outer tie rod ends with moog brand, it feels way more solid and has more of a nice thud noise than a loud clunk if that makes sense. Next up LCAs.

Did you use a torque wrench? Of not, get a torque wrench and tighten them to spec.

Also, maybe someone else can confirm if the engine mount bolts stretch bolts?

Either way, I've heard of OEM bolts breaking with motor mount installs. Is definitely plausible due to additional stress on the bolt + improper tightening.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Did you use a torque wrench? Of not, get a torque wrench and tighten them to spec.

Also, maybe someone else can confirm if the engine mount bolts stretch bolts?

Either way, I've heard of OEM bolts breaking with motor mount installs. Is definitely plausible due to additional stress on the bolt + improper tightening.
I do have a torque wrench but I could never find the torque specs. So I just made them pretty tight as they were super hard to remove originally.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7

Sam4

Is that not the tranny side mount insert? I just did both sides and the drivers side was a major bitch, but it did have a large gap (cured by PowerFlex).

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Is that not the tranny side mount insert? I just did both sides and the drivers side was a major bitch, but it did have a large gap (cured by PowerFlex).
Yes the OP is the trans mount on the drivers side. It wasnt too hard. The hardest part was removing the battery case. But the mount itself was easy to do. It's been a couple days now and my feels great