Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

E30 and its limits

Trader history for re-rx7 (0)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Where is the ceiling for E30? Ive upgraded to a bigger turbo and desire to go E30 if it cant be done...100 is the next option. What have you been seeing?

Generally speaking you run out of fuel around the 300whp mark with E30 blends. I find that most race fuels are more knock prone than E30. The Race Gas additive (expensive) can match the knock resistance of E30 and it give you 7-10% more fueling headroom back compared to E30.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Generally speaking you run out of fuel around the 300whp mark with E30 blends. I find that most race fuels are more knock prone than E30. The Race Gas additive (expensive) can match the knock resistance of E30 and it give you 7-10% more fueling headroom back compared to E30.
Thanks for the quick reply Alex. Race gas additive such as Vp101 or the kind that comes in a bottle? Also, E20 vs E30? 20 could get you just a lil farther. At the far end any little bit helps when fueling limits are reached.

seems that it and Torco are very similar. Thanks for the info. I've always thpught that race fuel specifically 100 wasnt as knock proof as e30 but couldnt prove it.
Results vary. 100 octane race fuel is not as knock resistant from what I have seen. However after mixing 1.5 bottles of the race gas additive per 14 gallon tank (this was a Focus RS) the octane sustained E85 timing levels.