Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E85 with 93 vs 91 -

Just doing some research on the gas ill be mixing. The problem is all the e85 pumps around me only go up to 91 for gas. So i either have to go to two different stations and fill up on one first, or get a 3-4 gallon gas can for the e85 and drive it to a 93 station then add them both at the same time, or just use 91. So i guess my first question should be, is the only difference using 91 octane going to be i just use more e85 to make up for the octane difference? Like an extra gallon or two more with 91 than with 93 and everything ends up equal?

If the answer is yes then that's the solution and i need ask no more. If it's beneficial for another reason to use 93 for mixing, my next question is if i were going to get them from different stations and i had to choose one to do first, which is the better option? My guess is e85. If an e30 tune tells my engine to inject more fuel, then having a tank with 3/4 93 octane only (with traces of e85) would force it to run very rich on the drive to the e85 pump right? On the other hand, if i fill e85 first then drive to the 93 pump, it should just run lean as i mostly have e85 in the tank right? Are either of these better than the other, or even ok to do?

If im forced to i can just get a 3 or 4 gallon can and do it that way but the above would make it simpler.