Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EBC USR Slotted Rotors vs Centric Solid Cryo Rotors

anticon

I'm looking for thoughts on the EBC USR slotted rotors vs the Centric solid cryo rotors. It seems the EBC's are thinner to reduce noise, but this also sounds like a recipe for hotter brakes. I feel like the solids would stay cooler with the larger venting, but it seems the EBC's can be found cheaper. They venting doesn't look any thinner in the images though. Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #2
I wound up ordering the EBC USR slotted rotors after watching a lot of their Fiesta build videos on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/ultimatefiestabuild). They are a pretty good set of videos if you haven't seen them. I got the full set of front and rears for $200 shipped, which didn't seem to bad to me. The part numbers are USR1963 and USR280 for fronts and rears respectively, and they come as pairs. I figured the slots look cool and they were actually a little cheaper than the cryo'd centric blanks from what I could find. I mostly just do short drives on twisty back roads so not a lot of high speed braking anyway.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wound up ordering the EBC USR slotted rotors after watching a lot of their Fiesta build videos on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/ultimatefiestabuild). They are a pretty good set of videos if you haven't seen them. I got the full set of front and rears for $200 shipped, which didn't seem to bad to me. The part numbers are USR1963 and USR280 for fronts and rears respectively, and they come as pairs. I figured the slots look cool and they were actually a little cheaper than the cryo'd centric blanks from what I could find. I mostly just do short drives on twisty back roads so not a lot of high speed braking anyway.
I run this almost exact setup* But have Rear focus SVT caliper brackets with matching rotors. work great IMO. Good choice! You wont regret it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I need to do brakes SOON, and these, or the slotted Centric/StopTech cryos are my two choices for the fronts.
I will probably just go with the blank Centrics for the back, for now.

For pads, it is down to the Motorcraft 'summers' (it has the 'all seasons' on it now, from the factory), or the G-Loc autocross grade grabbers.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #7
^^^I need to do brakes SOON, and these, or the slotted Centric/StopTech cryos are my two choices for the fronts.
I will probably just go with the blank Centrics for the back, for now.

For pads, it is down to the Motorcraft 'summers' (it has the 'all seasons' on it now, from the factory), or the G-Loc autocross grade grabbers.
I have the Motorcraft "S" pads ready to go on with these. I was going to go with the cryo Centrics blanks but these were significantly less expensive and I liked that EBC did a full Fiesta build with some great videos.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the Motorcraft "S" pads ready to go on with these. I was going to go with the cryo Centrics blanks but these were significantly less expensive and I liked that EBC did a full Fiesta build with some great videos.
You can get them cryoed *

https://frozenrotors.com/

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can get them cryoed *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry to necro - ant, do you still have these rotors? How do you like them and how many miles have you done on them?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry to necro - ant, do you still have these rotors? How do you like them and how many miles have you done on them?
I have them....werk perfect with yellow EBC front/back.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How long have you had them, mileage wise?
First set got about 30k with Hard braking on the street* on second set of front rotors and still on 1st set in the rear. The front brakes wear 50% faster than the rear brakes due to the weight of the vehicle and OEM bias of the braking.

First set got about 30k with Hard braking on the street* on second set of front rotors and still on 1st set in the rear. The front brakes wear 50% faster than the rear brakes due to the weight of the vehicle and OEM bias of the braking.

Nice! That's only a little less than I've gotten out of my StopTech slotted cryo fronts which are due for replacement now. I tried to reorder those, but they're on backorder so if it takes too long I'll just cancel and get the EBCs. It'll be interesting to see how the dark rotors look on the car with my rears still silver finish.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice! That's only a little less than I've gotten out of my StopTech slotted cryo fronts which are due for replacement now. I tried to reorder those, but they're on backorder so if it takes too long I'll just cancel and get the EBCs. It'll be interesting to see how the dark rotors look on the car with my rears still silver finish.
If you wanna get them Cryoed.... This company can get it done.

If you wanna get them Cryoed.... This company can get it done.

Hm, part of the reason I was looking at the EBCs was their lower price point, I doubt buying them and then sending them to get treated would be more cost effective than just buying pre-treated rotors. In fact, that site sells slotted cryo rotors of their own for our car. Might look into those if the StopTechs fall through, thanks.