Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ecu illuminati Tuning suit

Hello everyone!

I wanted to announce some exciting upcoming software we have been working on for awhile now.

Ecu Illuminati tuning suit paired with Phul Performance custom tunes!

We have been working with a software developer over the last few months to bring a new option to the ford communities and I'm happy to announce that its in the final stretches before release!

Currently we have the reading, writing software dialed and I've been testing it on several cars including my own personal fiesta STโ€™s and several customer cars. This software gives myself as a calibrator alot of access as far as tuning your vehicle goes and we have alot of time involved in custom coding to bring you guys all the features your already used to. Including ffs, launch control, boost by gear, on the fly map switching as well as some other features we are currently developing!

Currently we are looking to initially release the software to the fiesta community within the next two months for remote and E-tuning services. We are currently taking on in person street and dyno tunes if you live close to WV, PA, MD or VA or wish to travel and get a custom tune for your hot rod fiesta! Dyno is available!

I mentioned new developments so I might as well explain that a bit.

We are currently working on data-logging software to pair with the flashing software. Im hoping to have a beta version of the logging software in my hands within the next two weeks or so this is really the last piece of the puzzle before we can release for E-tuning.

Now currently the software will be laptop based meaning you will need a laptop to flash and datalog. Not a huge issue for most but we are also working on ios and android phone apps (these apps will also work with a tablet) the idea is to give you a handheld device witch you will be able to flash, datalog, view gauges and also make small changes to some features of the pcm calibration but at a fraction of the cost of other handhelds since you wont need to purchase anything besides obd dongle (our software engineer is developing a dongle witch will be sold along side the software)

Flex Fuel!!! Thats right ๐Ÿ˜Ž we are working on flex fuel features as well. So this mostly will apply to our stock turbo friends. We have been working on flex fuel features witch will allow you to run any ethanol mix and the calibration will automatically compensate. No longer will you need separate map slots, no more worrying if you got the mix correct! We will also be incorporating a viewable gauge on the phone app/laptop software to view your inferred ethanol content without needing to install a content sensor/gauge. The reason we are limited to the stock turbo market with flex fuel is because larger turbos run out of fuel much quicker! We can limit hp/tq at higher ethanol content to help with this issue but thats not really ideal and after we do some more testing we plan to use the flex fuel features on hpfp/lpfp/injector upgraded cars. This is all in testing ideally i can have someone somewhat local car with these mods drop there car off for beta testing on a larger then stock turbo or i can snag a pump and injectors before to long to install on one of my own cars to speed the process up.

So we plan to release the software along with Canned tunes say stg 1,2,3 ext these tunes are calibrated using our combined years of experience to bring you guys the best OTS tunes available! These OTS tunes are free with the purchase of the software! Along with offering OTS tunes we plan to release OTS stg plus tunes. These tunes will incorporate flex fuel features giving you a solid ots tune on top of the automatically adjusting to the ethanol content. There will be a small additional fee for the Stg plus tunes but nothing to crazy.

Along with all of this we have some other offerings soon to be released! 2023 will be a interesting year!

Our upgraded coil packs are ready for release they have just been the last thing on my mind currently ๐Ÿ˜‚

Along with the new tuning software we are also working towards a better solution for the Auxiliary fuel crowd! We have in the works a standalone plug and play pcm witch will also be powered by the Ecu Illuminati tuning suit! This pcm will have the ability to control your DI injectors along with up to 6 additional port injectors (4 in the manifold and two additional in the throttle body if needed) this is still in development but we plan to have one running on my personal fiesta soon! This pcm will be very very competitively priced roughly costing the same as a xdi pump/di injector upgrade witch will still put us significantly cheaper then other stand alone pcms on the market for these cars!

And to hopefully the last thing im thinking of atm ๐Ÿ˜‚ pricingโ€ฆ So we are currently still having discussions on pricing but rough cost estimates will be in the ballpark of 500-700$ this is the dongle, software and a custom tune. Pricing may vary as we get closer to release. But for a run of the mill stock turbo setup running one of our stg tunes via our software your looking in the ball park of 300-375$ said and done. Much cheaper then other options on the market as we do not need to sell you a flashing device only a inexpensive dongle! But with more features ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‰ Your phone, laptop otablet will be the flashing device via the app or software!

Since im not super active here on the forum due to 500 million other things going on im hoping TyphoonFIST can keep an eye on this thread and relay any information back and forth or keep me notified when someone needs help here ๐Ÿ˜… I will try to update this thread or have Typhoon update the thread as we continue to push forward and closer to release!

The best way to contact me with any questions is to shoot me a email at sales.phulperformance@gmail.com or hit me up on my social medias @ Phul Performance (fb or insta) I cannot guarantee ill answer Dms here on the forum in a timely manner but posting on this thread or shooting me a email will get you a answer the fastest!

Thanks guys,
Phul Performance

Erick_V

Very interesting. I have a couple questions about this, speaking stock turbo:

1. Is full E85 an option? If not, what is our E% limit?

2. Would this be for OEM WGA only or could we use an aftermarket WGA and if so, what spring?

3. What kind of power are we looking at for a FBO car?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Very interesting. I have a couple questions about this, speaking stock turbo:

1. Is full E85 an option? If not, what is our E% limit?

2. Would this be for OEM WGA only or could we use an aftermarket WGA and if so, what spring?

3. What kind of power are we looking at for a FBO car?
Westley can answer all of your questions VIA sales.phulperformance@gmail.com

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Always good to have competition. Hope these claims come true. Will the software be flash-only or is there an option to open it up to people that want to tune their own car?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Why would flex fuel be for stock turbos only? I want flex fuel on my s280.
Without writing a dissertation, flex fuel tuning can be done 2 ways - with a flex fuel sensor or inferred ethanol content.

Flex fuel sensor is placed in the fuel line and talks to the ECU to proactively adjust parameters based on the ethanol coming into the fuel pump. This is how most OEM flex fuel vehicles do it as well as the top tier aftermarket ones.

Inferred ethanol content relies on the o2 sensor relaying AFR back to the ECU to adjust parameters. Since it relies on inputs from combustion thatโ€™s already occurred, itโ€™s less precise and therefore likely a big risk on high power builds.

Feel free to correct me if I fucked up any of this explanation.

OP
Thread Starter #9
So to go a bit more in depth on the flex fuel features all stock turbos will be supported. It wont matter if you have a upgraded wga or not. The stock turbo will only flow so much air witch depending on the dyno gets you in the lower 200hp range. Basically we can hit mbt on a ethanol mix as low as e20-e30 on a stock turbo car adding ethanol above that you gain no more power per say unless your really pushing the turbo or have a garbage intercooler then you can get some very small benefits from the extra cooling effect of ethanol. But thats a whole debate in its own. So the main thing with the flex fuel capability is that you donโ€™t necessarily need to worry about your mix. As long as your above 20-25% the car is going to make as much power as it can with the stock turbo. But this opens you up to being able to essentially put whatever in the tank from e0 to e100 anywhere in between the calibration will compensate for the ethanol content. Say you have 93 in the tank at around 1/4 tank and fill up with e70 out of the pump your ethanol content is now around roughly 50% so we need enuff fueling for e50. Now your on the same calibration and go back to the station and have that e50 in the tank and you fill up agian with e70 now your in the ballpark of 70% that alone would require a separate tune to offset the ethanol content as you would be lean if running a E50 tune with e70 in the tank. This just illuminates the possibility of end user mixing incorrectly and also makes it easy to go from station to station without needing to test the content, worrying about whats in the tank ext

Now the reason we are pushing torwards the stock turbo market is the stock fuel system has enuff head room to support full e85 with stock turbos. So think about it this way to run e85 you need roughly 30% more fuel. So To make things simple say we make 200hp well we need 30% more headroom so now we need 260hp worth of fuel to run e85. This is just the general idea and a simple explanation without getting into the niddy gritty of it. So as far as running flex on a s280 or a larger turbo car its still doable but the hp cap significantly decreases so example there we tap the fuel system out on e30 say roughly 300whp well theres not enuff headroom to run a higher content. So in order to run flex on a larger turbo car we would either need to bring the power (boost/airflow) down to have enuff headroom so the idea there would be you would make max power somewhere in the e20-e30 range then above that content we would need to bring power and airflow down enuff so we arnt running completely out of fuel causing a lean condition and risking your engine.

dhminer is correct about the strategy we are using stft and ltft to calculate the ethanol content. Essentially the way that works is as stft and ltft go positive ethanol content is increased and vice versa now this is based off of some oems flex logic witch works phenomenally on those platforms even with turbos and superchargers added. The thing is making sure you have a solid foundation to build on. Basically meaning we know what the engine will do and the tune is on point as far as ve goes. Fords oem SD strategy is great when you know how to use it but others have really hacked up the oem strategy with other softwares currently on the market. Thats a whole different discussion though ๐Ÿ˜‚

As far as adding the flex logic to a car with upgraded fuel pumps and injectors that wont be a issue at all as we continue to develop. I am a firm believer in testing on my personal vehicles before i will do anything to someone elses. But that is also toward the top of the list of things i need to do! We are also working on the flex features on pi as well but its a bit more complex using two controllers and doesnt make a ton of sense to chase when we plan to have our standalone released sometime mid 2023 Along with full e85 though on larger then stock turbo cars say 340+ whp (my dyno) a coil pack upgrade is recommended so thats also why we developed those as well.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
This is cool. I was told that the car on stock turbo would make less power on full E85 so there wasn't a point to it. Or maybe I misunderstood?

If I could run E85 and make the same power I'm making on E30 it sure would make filling up more straight forward and be a little cheaper.

This is cool. I was told that the car on stock turbo would make less power on full E85 so there wasn't a point to it. Or maybe I misunderstood?

If I could run E85 and make the same power I'm making on E30 it sure would make filling up more straight forward and be a little cheaper.
Can't flow enough fuel to run full E85 all stock which is why you'd be down on power through the limitations that comes with. I know I've seen the occasional post about going bigger fuel pump etc. just to make that part of things extra easy for one. If this setup bring us some estimated flex fuel functionality that would be damn sweet. I already just wing it a bit at the pump and do what feels right based on knowing the station + watching fuel trims.

If I'm mistaken someone will chime in I'm sure!

Last edited:
OP
Thread Starter #12

There is enuff headroom to run full e85 with a stock turbo. There are alot of other reasons you dont see people doing it though. General consensus is theres no point in running more then e30 because you can hit mbt with such low content. Also when you get into out of the pump ethanol you tend to have swings anywhere from e50-e85 out of the pump so having a dedicated tune for say e70 when the highest content you have available during the winter is e50 is kind of pointless. Also e85 tends to have harder cold starts that most tuners dont want to deal with and ive noticed this more frequently with cars that roll into my shop tuned by others on higher ethanol blends (e50). The cars just crank and crank eventually starting ๐Ÿ˜… this is due to some starting ,warm up compensations that need adjusted when running higher content that some just wont touch. This is the major benefit to a proper flex fuel calibration as it eliminates the need to worry about the content.

There tends to be alot of false information spread among the community. Hopefully I can clear some of those rumors up as we introduce these features!

Erick_V

There tends to be alot of false information spread among the community. Hopefully I can clear some of those rumors up as we introduce these features!
Appreciate your explanations. As said above the only reason I would want to run full E would be the ease of fill-ups. I have an ethanol gauge so I can tell after a couple minutes of driving if my math was correct. For me at least, full E cold starts wouldnโ€™t be an issue. I live in South Texas, we occasionally dip into the 30โ€™s. If it snows or sleets Iโ€™m not going anywhere on 200tw tires, I know better than that lol

One thing that has always bothered me about tuning for E is the somewhat inconsistency with the fuel being theyโ€™re allowed E50-E85. Since I have a gauge I know if I fill up at gas station A I need to pump 3.5 gallons to see at least E30 and if I go to gas station B I need to pump 4.75 gallons when the tank is at 0 miles to empty. Is it a big deal? No, itโ€™s really not. Especially on an OTS tune from any one of the tuners but it still eats at me sometimes. I know they tune somewhat conservatively for that reason. But since Texas sees 100 degrees in the summer I usually run in the upper end of E30 during that season. Appreciate you guys explain why the STFT and LTFT look different sometimes. That makes so much more sense now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also e85 tends to have harder cold starts that most tuners dont want to deal with and ive noticed this more frequently with cars that roll into my shop tuned by others on higher ethanol blends (e50). The cars just crank and crank eventually starting ๐Ÿ˜… this is due to some starting ,warm up compensations that need adjusted when running higher content that some just wont touch.
This explains the very long crank times the WRC Rally 1 cars now experience, due to the spec 100% bio/synthetic fuel (P1 Racing) that they are now required to run on by the FIA rules.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
After carbon fouling on my step colders, I talked to my tuner and he said I was fine to switch back to stock heat range plugs since I run E30 pretty much year round. I haven't had any issues starting the car since.

OP
Thread Starter #16
After carbon fouling on my step colders, I talked to my tuner and he said I was fine to switch back to stock heat range plugs since I run E30 pretty much year round. I haven't had any issues starting the car since.
on lower ethanol contents the starting issues arnt a big concern generally below about 40% you wont notice any starting issues but once you get to higher ethanol content the issues start to show there face ๐Ÿ˜… its all in the tune ๐Ÿค˜

OP
Thread Starter #17
FLEX FUEL TUNING FAQ

Offered exclusively by Phul Performance

What is a flex fuel tune?

Flex fuel logic allows the user to use any ethanol blend of fuel without the need to reflash or map-switch the vehicle. You could have E10, E30, E85, or any combination between, and the car will make the appropriate adjustments to fuel, boost, and timing to give you the maximum safe power for that tune!

How does a flex tune differ from a dedicated ethanol tune?

A flex fuel tune is "all in one". When running a dedicated ethanol tune, you need to either reflash the PCM or use Map slots to account for the ethanol. You also need to test and mix your ethanol content relatively precisely at the pump. With a flex tune, you can just fill up the car and the tune will take care of the rest!

Can I run full E85?

Yes. As many of you know, a stock FoST fuel system will not support E85 at full tilt, which is why many people opt for E30 tunes, to get the benefits of both additional ignition timing and boost. If you use E85 with a flex fuel tune, the PCM will automatically compensate the desired boost so that everything is safe, but you may notice a torque loss. Itll be up to you to determine the best ethanol blend for your car!

What about Aux Fuel?

This is currently in development, but the short answer is this will probably work. We also plan to release a new, budget oriented standalone PCM in the coming months that will be a significant improvement for port injection fueling.

Does this work with my COBB AP?

Yes and no. We implemented this tune using new software (developed in-house by ECUIlluminati). Unfortunately this was necessary in order to implement these features. While you can still use your Accessport for monitoring or tuning with another vendor, you will need our tool along with a supported interface in order to install the Flex fuel tune.

New software? Supported interface?

Yessir! This is a "phase 1" release from ECUIlluminati, which comes bundled with a flasher/datalogger combo that is meant specifically for your VIN and ECU. The supported device list starts around $100 (we will be releasing this list soon), and comes with the added benefit of being usable on multiple cars at once! So you can easily share with a friend or resell it once your done if you choose. Despite this, we've still chosen to competitvely price the software and tune package with the cost of the device in mind!

Phase 2, which is currently in progress, will feature flashing and datalogging from your smartphone, along with a live monitoring interface meant to rival the Accessport. You will also be able to send and receive tuning files and datalogs directly over the cloud!

How much does this all cost? When and how can I order?

We're hoping to run a sale for the initial release, which should $350 including the cost of the supported device, or $250 if you borrow one. We are 90% of the way finished with our development phase, and once finished we will be ready to take orders. You can contact Westley Kimble or myself directly if interested!

Info update from the Illuminati mastermind (software developer) himself.

This is our initial release to the Focus community all of witch transfers to the FiST. We will be uploading some videos in the next few weeks explaining and showcasing our Flex Features.