Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ecu problem???

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If my car has been remapped and I have a fault with my ECU will remapping it again fix the problem ?
It would be worth a shot at trying to re-install your Map.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Car runs fine for about an hour then just dies like jitters and splutters then wont start again until u leave it for few hours and eml is intermittent codes that are showing are coming up to fuel related problems so changed all the pumps in the car changed the fuel rail sensor changed the moduel for the fuel pump changed fuel line and still the same now the garage is sayin it can only be the ECU because of the map so if I get it remapped do u think it will work answers much appreciated..

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Car runs fine for about an hour then just dies like jitters and splutters then wont start again until u leave it for few hours and eml is intermittent codes that are showing are coming up to fuel related problems so changed all the pumps in the car changed the fuel rail sensor changed the moduel for the fuel pump changed fuel line and still the same now the garage is sayin it can only be the ECU because of the map so if I get it remapped do u think it will work answers much appreciated..
Can't you revert back to a stock map? I have a Cobb access port that backed up my stock map when I first switched, so I can always flip back. It should only take you a few minutes to flash back to stock I think. You might want to verify that UK fiestas are the same before you do it though - I am not familiar enough to know.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Had a very similar problem the code was ecu and throttle body. The issue was the throttle body. It was not indicating the correct spot compared to the requested. Could give that a shot first.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Thankyou for replying iv just got the car back from another garage had the map taken off and the ECU put back to standerd and the car still cuts out 🤮

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So there is a high and low pressure fuel sensor.....you said you did both?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk