Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach 21mm Rear Sway Bar Worth It?

Is this RSB worth it? I've had some people tell me it has little effect since the fiesta has a twist beam. Curious about other's experience who have the bar.

Also, if you have this bar, what else are you running supsension wise on your car?

Right now I'm on swift spec-r springs, stickier tires and just installed a traction bar for the front. So I'm wondering if the RSB is going to mess with my increased oversteer or not.

Any feedback is appreciated!

kevinatfms

Eibach rear bar here with Bilstein B8's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Noticeable roll reduction on back roads. Havent had it on a track or auto-x yet. First auto-x of the year is March 17th.

I removed a TB Performance torsion brace for the bar and it was a noticeable improvement on just about every surface.

Eibach rear bar here with Bilstein B8's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Noticeable roll reduction on back roads. Havent had it on a track or auto-x yet. First auto-x of the year is March 17th.

I removed a TB Performance torsion brace for the bar and it was a noticeable improvement on just about every surface.
Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but are you saying that the TB torsion brace was making your handling worse, or worse with the RSB?

kevinatfms

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but are you saying that the TB torsion brace was making your handling worse, or worse with the RSB?
Handling improved significantly with the eibach rear bar over the torsion beam brace. Less snap oversteer at the limit on back roads. I think the length and tie in points of the Eibach bar make it more predictable at the limit in the rear. The bar feels more linear than the brace especially on roads that are less than stellar. Auto-x first session comes on March 17th and Ill see how good it really is compared to the torsion beam brace.

Handling improved significantly with the eibach rear bar over the torsion beam brace. Less snap oversteer at the limit on back roads. I think the length and tie in points of the Eibach bar make it more predictable at the limit in the rear. Auto-x first session comes on March 17th and Ill see how good it really is compared to the torsion beam brace.
Thanks for clearing that up! I have the TB torsion bar and was just wondering so I can make some improvements as well. You should let me know if you remember.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Thanks for clearing that up! I have the TB torsion bar and was just wondering so I can make some improvements as well. You should let me know if you remember.

Be careful mixing the two together. I had horrendous snap oversteer with both of them installed. I think it was just too much added rate to the torsion beam at different tie in points. Also the ride suffered on bad roads as stated before.

Be careful mixing the two together. I had horrendous snap oversteer with both of them installed. I think it was just too much added rate to the torsion beam at different tie in points. Also the ride suffered on bad roads as stated before.
This is the type of information that is very helpful. So I definitely thank you!

fwiw, I love Eibach products but the Hotchkis sway bar is a tiny bit beefier and has an extra mounting point.
Hotchkis is hollow 22mm compared to Eibach solid 21mm... which is nice as it's lighter IMHO... although with the added weight being in a perfect location... however added unsprung weight is not good. It's debatable perhaps.

But if you want beefier, it's probably a softer torsional spring rate. For beefier, the Whiteline is 22mm solid. I removed the Whiteline and did an AX yesterday without it, not as fast it seems without the bar and the front needs a little more grip so... (other changes than removing the bar, full stiff on the rear Koni Sport and added front Koni Sport struts were some other changes)... , trying the Hotchkis as it's probably a little softer and also lighter.

The Whiteline 22mm solid was a pain when rolling a jack under the torsion bar, so hopefully the Hotchkis 22mm hollow bar is out of the way, I doubt the hollow bar is as damage tolerant.

We shall see, more testing.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Hotchkis is hollow 22mm compared to Eibach solid 21mm... which is nice as it's lighter IMHO... although with the added weight being in a perfect location... however added unsprung weight is not good. It's debatable perhaps.

But if you want beefier, it's probably a softer torsional spring rate. For beefier, the Whiteline is 22mm solid. I removed the Whiteline and did an AX yesterday without it, not as fast it seems without the bar and the front needs a little more grip so... (other changes than removing the bar, full stiff on the rear Koni Sport and added front Koni Sport struts were some other changes)... , trying the Hotchkis as it's probably a little softer and also lighter.

The Whiteline 22mm solid was a pain when rolling a jack under the torsion bar, so hopefully the Hotchkis 22mm hollow bar is out of the way, I doubt the hollow bar is as damage tolerant.

We shall see, more testing.
I swapped my springs and shocks after I installed the Hotchkis bar and didn't have any issues getting a jack under the torsion beam. I'm wondering if the Whiteline bar has less ground clearance. FWIW, while I have bottomed out my 2-pc chassis brace a few times, I've never had an issue with the sway bar.