Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engien cut out

Houston

Good evening i have a 2014 Fiesta ST new to the brand i have my car for a month, about 2hours ago i drove my car and it was perfect no issues was driving great as usual. I was in 3rd gear and all of a sudden the car died no indication or what so ever i pulled over and i tried starting but with no luck it just swing as if theres no compression and new timing belt was fitted few weeks ago. Only the engine light and coolant light shows on the dash, no overheating or any leaks. Any idea what the issue could be?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good evening i have a 2014 Fiesta ST new to the brand i have my car for a month, about 2hours ago i drove my car and it was perfect no issues was driving great as usual. I was in 3rd gear and all of a sudden the car died no indication or what so ever i pulled over and i tried starting but with no luck it just swing as if theres no compression and new timing belt was fitted few weeks ago. Only the engine light and coolant light shows on the dash, no overheating or any leaks. Any idea what the issue could be?
Who did the Belt? Also...does it turn over/fire at all and just won't completely start? Or nothing? No click...not turn over etc?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
H

Houston

Thread Starter #3
Who did the Belt? Also...does it turn over/fire at all and just won't completely start? Or nothing? No click...not turn over etc?

Ford did the belt, if i press the start button it swing but sound like theres no compression

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there a Check engine/ MIL light on? Are there any stored codes?

OP
H

Houston

Thread Starter #5
Is there a Check engine/ MIL light on? Are there any stored codes?

Hi didnt plug the machine in but the only lights on the dash is the coolant light andengine light, but water levels are perfect i cant see anything loose or broken

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Belt could have jumped teeth, crankshaft position sensor could have moved or they failed to calibrate after belt change, could have already been off just a tooth or so and you fucked up the internals cuz its an interference engine... Just spit balling here but all would lead to dead in the water and no start.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
coolant and engine light come on when you press start button and don't start. They also stay on momentarily after starting the vehicle as part of the cars self check programming. These are normal lights to see in your current state. The only way you can see that a CEL is throwing codes is if you can get the car on or have a code reader with it not started.