Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Detail - Advice

JaydudeZ

Hi all,

My first post on here so apologies if this is in the wrong place, and I did try the search feature.

I am planning on detailing my engine bay, but am concerned about causing damage. What parts would be a good idea to cover up with cling film/plastic bag?

I plan on:
- Using a garden hose, and not a pressure hose
- alternator covered
- battery terminals covered, but the (+ve) is already covered naturally from factory via red lid?
- If i remove the engine cover, shall I cover the coil packs?
- there are various random wires all over the bay, are these worth covering?
-attached images of overall bay, (yellow circles indicate what i intend to cover) and exposed wires
-any other advise?

Kind regards,
J

Attachments

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
The ecu is sitting on the side of the battery. You can see a large wire connector plugged into it. Id cover that with a bag or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I personally don't recommend spraying any water in the engine compartment, even with a garden hose that's not under pressure.I know a lot of people do it, but I feel more comfortable just wiping it down with a rag and a mild cleaner, and then putting some 303 aerospace protectant on the plastic parts like the engine cover to keep them looking nice.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Interesting. I'm looking at what I guess is the brake/clutch reservoir over on the passenger side of the engine bay. On mine, it's on the driver side.

There's a white plastic anchor directly underneath each headlamp. Just from normal driving, water gets up under that piece and sits. Evaporation probably requires a long highway drive.

Ford Community Posts