Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enkei J10

Been looking at lighter wheels for a while now, based on the price point the J10 appears to be the best offer. The 17x7 weighs 18.5 lbs, 16x7 weighs weighs 16.7 lbs, and the 15x6.5 weighs 14.5 lbs.

Anyone know of a better deal, or are these just poor quality? I haven’t seen any mention of them recently on the forums and in my opinion they seem like a no brainer, style notwithstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing, I was going to snag them just when I photoshopped them on my car they looked wrong so I dismissed the idea.

OP
DoomsdayMelody
Thread Starter #3
I thought the same thing, I was going to snag them just when I photoshopped them on my car they looked wrong so I dismissed the idea.
Tire rack has them for sale and has that thing where you can see them on the car in various factory colors.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Enkei generally makes a high quality product; I have owned two sets of RPF1s, and they've been great. I think the J10s are in their "tuner" line and I've had wheels in the category as well. I think they look sharp online, but I've never seen them in person. They have two sets of lug holes that might look a little weird.

Last edited:
OP
DoomsdayMelody
Thread Starter #5
Enkei generally makes a high quality product; I have owned two sets of RPF1s, and they've been great. I think the J10s are in their "tuner" line and I've had wheels in the category as well. I think they look sharp online, but I've never seen them in person. They have two sets of lug hole nuts that might look a little weird.
You say two sets of lug holes I say weight savings lol.

OP
DoomsdayMelody
Thread Starter #7
They’re nice except the machined lip kills me.
I’m kinda digging it, with the orange paint it has roughly the same color scheme as the stock rims on the 2013 Boss 302

kevinatfms

For the money the Sparco Terra in 15x7 is an absolute steal. Throw a 205/50R15 tire on them and they were my first track wheel package. They are hub centric, huge lug wells so stock lugs will work and they are strong yet lighter by 6lbs per wheel than the OE 17x7 wheel. I measured on my bathroom scale at 15.6lbs(so give or take a one).

Check around but Tire Rack usually has sales on them every few months. I picked up a set of 4 in bronze for $104/each.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #10
For the money the Sparco Terra in 15x7 is an absolute steal. Throw a 205/50R15 tire on them and they were my first track wheel package. They are hub centric, huge lug wells so stock lugs will work and they are strong yet lighter by 6lbs per wheel than the OE 17x7 wheel. I measured on my bathroom scale at 15.6lbs(so give or take a one).

Check around but Tire Rack usually has sales on them every few months. I picked up a set of 4 in bronze for $104/each.
That’s actually a great price, guess I’ll have to keep my eyes open. Although the 15” sparcos are heavier than the same size enkei rim. Hub centric is really nice though.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

That’s actually a great price, guess I’ll have to keep my eyes open. Although the 15” sparcos are heavier than the same size enkei rim. Hub centric is really nice though.

If you can swing it, i just picked up the Konig Dekagram 16x8 and some 205/45R16 Federal RS-Pro's and so far on the road they are fantastic. I have an event this weekend to run and will report back on my impressions over the 15x7 setup. So far they feel just as good if not better especially with the increased turn in response over the 15x7 wheel package. If times drop significantly, i may have to stick with the 16" wheels.

I ran J10s in my first year of autocross because they were light, cheap, and the right size/offset to meet regs for HS. They were a decent wheel, but the dual drillings made them a pain to change out for 17 events, and the stupid hub rings Tire Rack included in the deal were falling apart by the end of the season- they would also have a habit of randomly sticking to the wheel and then falling off while in storage or transit. All in all, not bad but I love my TDs.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #13
I ran J10s in my first year of autocross because they were light, cheap, and the right size/offset to meet regs for HS. They were a decent wheel, but the dual drillings made them a pain to change out for 17 events, and the stupid hub rings Tire Rack included in the deal were falling apart by the end of the season- they would also have a habit of randomly sticking to the wheel and then falling off while in storage or transit. All in all, not bad but I love my TDs.

Isn’t that to be expected with plastic hub centric rings? I assume tire rack ships plastic instead of aluminum...

Isn’t that to be expected with plastic hub centric rings? I assume tire rack ships plastic instead of aluminum...

yeah, it was just part of the price one has to pay for using generic fit wheels. They were decent while they lasted, but I don't miss them.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I've had the same experience with the plastic rings I got with my RPF1s, and at least one of them has split; for street use, they might hold up, but they can't handle the heat from track days . I ordered a set of aluminum rings from Amazon

I'm running 16" silver J10s in summer, they've been great and I personally like how they look. The only issue is that I have winter steelies and it's annoying to put the hub centric rings on and off between seasons, I've been considering to get another 15" set for winter.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I'm running 16" silver J10s in summer, they've been great and I personally like how they look. The only issue is that I have winter steelies and it's annoying to put the hub centric rings on and off between seasons, I've been considering to get another 15" set for winter.
Any pictures?