Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enkei Wheels

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Brian you need your eyes checked:LOL: Those do not look the same beyond being a wide spoked wheel the arch of the spoke is completely different. Both the Enkie and the Rota have much more of an arch up and outward and then back in aspect to them . Showing some concavity . Whereas that Konig is a flat spoke design. While not bad they still come in a 17.2 lbs and it says projected which means those wheels are so new you can’t even get them yet. lol

CSM

1000 Post Club
While not bad they still come in a 17.2 lbs and it says projected which means those wheels are so new you can’t even get them yet. lol
They are indeed available, just hard to find and backordered at most distributors right now

Dpro

6000 Post Club
They are indeed available, just hard to find and backordered at most distributors right now

I stand corrected. They are still not the same looking as the Rota or the Enkei. What is it with Konig and their flat spoke design for ours. Seems like everything they sell that fits our cars winds up with a flat spoke.:cry:

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #24
I think my choice will be between a Rota and a Konig. For me it was a balance between cost and quality. If Enkei did make wheels for the Fiesta I would've looked at prices. If they were several k for a set I would've probably passed anyway and looked for good quality replicas. I mean, three of four thousand is a-okay if you've got a car to match, but not on a car that's only worth about nine or ten k.

CSM

1000 Post Club
What is it with Konig and their flat spoke design for ours. Seems like everything they sell that fits our cars winds up with a flat spoke.:cry:
My thinking is its for brake clearance reasons (no sense in Konig stocking two face styles for a lower demand platform like our Fiesta)

Side note - look how good this Exige specific fitment looks on the Hexaform

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #26
I stand corrected. They are still not the same looking as the Rota or the Enkei. What is it with Konig and their flat spoke design for ours. Seems like everything they sell that fits our cars winds up with a flat spoke.:cry:
What do you mean by that? Do you mean that there's no concave, or that the spokes themselves aren't chunky?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What do you mean by that? Do you mean that there's no concave, or that the spokes themselves aren't chunky?
I believe that he meant NO concavity to the Konig FiST fitment spokes at all.

One of the only fitments (at least that I've ever seen) for our cars which has any concavity to the spoke bend profile at all is the 15x8 Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2s, and EVERY other size they offer in those wheels actually has a very CONVEX spoke protrusion to them.

In the 17s, I kind of like a 'flush' with the lip type spoke profile orientation (a la the 17" diameter 1.2s, OZed Superturismo LMs/WRCs) , as it is very tarmac rally stylee. [thumb] [wink]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My thinking is its for brake clearance reasons (no sense in Konig stocking two face styles for a lower demand platform like our Fiesta)

I believe that it was done exclusively for brake caliper clearance, since they did not want to force you to use big spacers in order to fit their wheels, so they 'erred' on the safe choice, for yes, for a VERY limited in sales application. [wink]

BTW; YES, those Hexaforms on the Lotus actually look like a very 'high end/top shelf' type wheel! [thumb]

Dpro

6000 Post Club

One of the only fitments (at least that I've ever seen) for our cars which has any concavity to the spoke bend profile at all is the 15x8 Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2s, and EVERY other size they offer in those wheels actually has a very CONVEX spoke protrusion to them.

In the 17s, I kind of like a 'flush' with the lip type spoke profile orientation (a la the 17" diameter 1.2s, OZed Superturismo LMs/WRCs) , as it is very tarmac rally stylee. [thumb] [wink]
Bingo except Rota Titans in 17 have a bit of concavity. Oh and Ya I have a set sitting here waiting to be shoed . So they can go on the car.

those do look nice , Though a little on the old school lip wheel tip , Somehow I feel lipped wheels would make our cars look dated. Its all about preferences here and very subjective.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #30

That's part of the reason why I like adding fender flares, 'cause I've always been a 70's/80's concave guy as well. When I was a kid I used to draw hot rods and it's kinda stayed with me into adulthood where I like to do the same to my vehicles, turn them into hot rods.
007-3-768x992.jpg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They look like XXR 527’s yes dope concave but heavy wheel weighs the same as Factory. If you are OK with that . My Whole purpose for wheels is look and function. So I want to take weight off the car in the wheel department if I can because it can be a major performance upgrade.
Also, not a big fan of the double drilling on those, kind of ruins their good looks IMHO, although I guess it does keep them from being even that much heavier yet. LOL

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #34
They look like XXR 527’s yes dope concave but heavy wheel weighs the same as Factory. If you are OK with that . My Whole purpose for wheels is look and function. So I want to take weight off the car in the wheel department if I can because it can be a major performance upgrade.
Does anyone make a lighter version of those? Like you said, love the concave and that's with stock arches, so just imagine what they'd look like with flares!

Also, I quite like the looks of THESE, or at least if I can get that concave of the spokes. It says that they're 15inch. Do they mean the inner part of the wheel or the outer rim? If it means the inner part of the wheel it means I could fit those with thicker tires, hence improving ride comfort, whilst keeping the illusion of a wider wheel.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Does anyone make a lighter version of those? Like you said, love the concave and that's with stock arches, so just imagine what they'd look like with flares!

Also, I quite like the looks of THESE, or at least if I can get that concave of the spokes. It says that they're 15inch. Do they mean the inner part of the wheel or the outer rim? If it means the inner part of the wheel it means I could fit those with thicker tires, hence improving ride comfort, whilst keeping the illusion of a wider wheel.
that means its a 15 inch wide rim . I would suspect with the way they did that spoke on that Grid you would have brake clearance issues. If you are willing to go 15 and want wheels with a fair amount of concave check out Konig Dial In’s. You can actually get 16 and 17 inch grids for our cars with mild concavity ,. I picked up my Titans for that very reason. I would like more but we have a few things working against us. First off its hard to put a 9 inch wheel on our cars due to the general design of our chassis was never built to accommodate nines . Second is about the lowest you can offset wise on our cars is +35 before you start noticing it on turn in and scrub. So if you do flare you could put a 9 with a +35 offset which will give you some concave action because 9 and +35 15 ( he has Dial In’s)is the size another member Raamaudio has on his car. He had to seriously massage aka roll and pull and trim to make them fit under stock wheel wells.
Basically suspension wise if one wants to do flares and still make the car handle as sharp as it did stock they have their work cut out for them IMO. Its not a simple slap some wheels on with better tires and flares and it works great.
After all while Ford did and absolutely bang up job turning our cars into awesome hot hatches at the end of the day it was a straight up bargain basement econo car that was never design to go that far in wheels and suspension.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
He (RAAMaudio) also had to do the 4x100 hub drilling conversion to fit all of those cool, exotic wheels to his ride. [wink]

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #38
I know I'm going right off the original subject now, but what's Bola like quality wise?