Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ETC cut above 5,700 rpm -- Torque

OP
A
Thread Starter #21
Use the AccessPort montors to help you determine the limiter.

Monitor: Load Actual vs. Load Desired
Monitor: TIP Actual vs. (C) TIP Ceiling

Are either of these being exceeded?
Thanks... No there's plenty of margin there that I can find... datalogged a lot of that yesterday:
@5813 RPM where ETC rolls back -- TIP Actual 20.18 PSIG, TIP Desired 29.98 PSIG TIP Ceiling 45.5 PSIA
Load Actual 1.819 Load Limit COMB 2.836 Load Limit FSC 3 Load Limit LSPI 2.4

I'll keep digging.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
A
Thread Starter #22
Should have had a tuner do it....Just saying.[thankyou]
Aside from this weird issue of ETC rolling back from a yet unknown torque source, tuning has been going great, car's running incredibly well, it does take a lot of learning and understanding. Nice smooth power curve at 250hp, with 16psi WGA and 30% larger injectors. Fantastic but it's letting off on the gas a bit where the stock turbo would run out of breath.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Aside from this weird issue of ETC rolling back from a yet unknown torque source, tuning has been going great, car's running incredibly well, it does take a lot of learning and understanding. Nice smooth power curve at 250hp, with 16psi WGA and 30% larger injectors. Fantastic but it's letting off on the gas a bit where the stock turbo would run out of breath.
Wish I had the time....I applaud your efforts by the way.....I can only imagine how much time you've spent on this! Good luck and god speed!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm reviewing your map data. One thing that popped out is that you have the Switchable Maps WGDC Comp Mode set to "3". That means you're still using the OEM Base WGDC, not the CCF Base WGDC. When I'm done, I'll send you my recommended changes version of it saved as a different name. Then you can do a Compare on yours and my tweaked version of it and decide for yourself. You will likely need to make some adjustments in the CCF WGDC to follow your desires.

Also, what gear are you in for these pulls?

OP
A
Thread Starter #25
I'm reviewing your map data. One thing that popped out is that you have the Switchable Maps WGDC Comp Mode set to "3". That means you're still using the OEM Base WGDC, not the CCF Base WGDC. When I'm done, I'll send you my recommended changes version of it saved as a different name. Then you can do a Compare on yours and my tweaked version of it and decide for yourself. You will likely need to make some adjustments in the CCF WGDC to follow your desires.

Also, what gear are you in for these pulls?
If you scroll down on the description for Mode 3, at first it mentions other cars, and then below the Cannister Pressure ECU's and mode 3 uses CCF WGDC. I tried mode 4 and there was a difference in ETC source (6 for Mode 4 and 5 for mode 3 so I went with mode 3) but identical ETC behavior. See attached.

4th gear pulls

Attachments

OP
A
Thread Starter #26
Wish I had the time....I applaud your efforts by the way.....I can only imagine how much time you've spent on this! Good luck and god speed!
Thanks, it helps a little bit that I've done this sort of thing with many hundreds of ECU's getting pretty deep into it... but every one is different as only one ECU in the past was attached to a car, which was 20 years old. I'm a total beginner with this this Fiesta ST, and it's pretty cool actually, very clever stuff... I much prefer simple, and I appreciate the advancement, and a lot of it is to dance around other ECU patents I'm sure.

Ok, rather than make your map look like mine, let's get right to the problem.

Please add this PID to your data log: Load Des. TQ Ctl (%). The result of your TTL, LTT, and TRT are summed up in this PID which is the final result for the requested Load. You can also log the Requested Torque just for giggles.

I'm thinking that when you log this, it will show that your actual Load vs Load Desired is the actual limiter you're seeing. When that is confirmed, you can adjust your TTL, LTT, and TRT up at and beyond 5750 rpm. In fact, that is exactly when your ETC closes up (@ 5750+)…

The % of ETC indicated is closely related to the amount of "over Load" sensed.

OP
A
Thread Starter #28

Please add this PID to your data log: Load Des. TQ Ctl (%). The result of your TTL, LTT, and TRT are summed up in this PID which is the final result for the requested Load. You can also log the Requested Torque just for giggles.

I'm thinking that when you log this, it will show that your actual Load vs Load Desired is the actual limiter you're seeing. When that is confirmed, you can adjust your TTL, LTT, and TRT up at and beyond 5750 rpm. In fact, that is exactly when your ETC closes up (@ 5750+)…

Will do, thanks for the suggestion and looking at it. Thanks Jason for the help also.

If you look at your log closely, you will see that near the end you still have the PPS at 100% and when the Actual Load drops below 1.6 (your max value in TTL is 1.6 @+ 6500), the ETC starts opening back up. I'm sure the TTL, LTT, and TRT is the problem!

Thats what I suggested. :)

OP
A
Thread Starter #33
Happy to report that all is great, thanks to you all for steering me in the right direction. Needed to adjust quite a bit, and rebuilt the TTL LLT maps in Excel to match up also with a proper X/Y. I may do some VE mapping in the future just play around with it, few tweaks to get the right feel and minimize any traction loss in lower gears. Received the E content setup today (thank you Jason) so I will be able to dial in the right slot for the right %. I have it set up to load slot three now with a map update for E30 and will go up or down depending on the %. Super happy, with this and the support this week from MeisterR on the GT-1, I’m in a very good place, thanks again for all the help!