Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eternal youth update...

As I approach my 70th b-day later this year, I thought I’d post an update on my two years and 40K miles of ST ownership. Simply, I still think this car (stock) is the pinnacle of balance and performance. I get up every day looking forward to driving it, and apart from an alternator failure back at 15K, it has been flawless. Took a 6,000 mile road trip last fall from Texas to California, up the coast to Portland and back... what a blast. Grew up in SoCal, and have driven Hwy 1 literally 50 or more times. But the road I thought I knew well from San Simeon to Big Sur, was utterly different with the FiST. It’s like it was designed with this car in mind, and the “spirited” driving experience was the blast of all time. Never stopped grinning and being amazed at the cars ability to go fast effortlessly. I went to Pilot Sport AS3+ at 15K, and honestly, the slight drop off in responsiveness is more than offset by the mileage gain and absolutely great wet handling. My courage still runs out before the car gives up, so it was a good move. Bottom line, the car is everything I wanted and it still amazes me every day. My Euro front plate reads... ANALOG, and that kinda sums it all up. Cheers!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am two years younger but I agree with you 100%

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
SOoooOooOOOooo what your really saying is that you shouldn't even really be driving much less working on anything [neener] [nutkick][wrenchin]
My driving Skills stupendous.....Mechanical and critical thinking skills are always above the rest. I am a Nurse & Ex-technician so I can work on anything.....I also Find humor in everything...even in death I can find humor or make a joke. Some of you know me and all that fun jazz.....Some do not. I have a very unique outlook on life due to close encounter with death at a young age.....I love being The funny guy and making people laugh as most of you can see. I have met the real Dr. Hunter/ Patch Adams, he is exactly like the late Robin Williams. I Hopefully I meet some of you in the near future at gathering or even talking on the tele as I have with some of ya! Enjoy my Gifs! Have a laugh at my expense!

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have had many cool fun sports cars and this one is definitely a keeper and one that never seems to not amaze me. I can drive this car so fast in the canyons and twisties . I am sure when I take to the tradk i will lay down some blistering course times.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am 6 years your junior, and I LOVE the fact that owning, and driving this car is NOT what I am "supposed to be" owning, and driving, at this age.
But I would rather be put into the ground NOW, than drive the 'expected/usual' Camry, or Avalon instead of this little bundle of joy, rally rocket! [:)] [driving] [thumb]

I'm 39 and have had my share of motorcycles, cars, atvs etc hat I learned to wrench on and grow a close relationship between man and machine.

I love your plate is "ANALOG" as I have a pretty elaborate vintage stereo setup and listen to vinyl records for the best experience. I've also merge new and old technology in ways that people are always amazed.

You could be that classic retired guy driving a convertible corvette but instead you are inspired by a what is essentially a modern classic anomaly. These FiST's will long be remembered and spoken of as legends of their time I have no doubt of that.

Ford just really got this one right and made it affordable. It's a shame you won't be able to get them in the states (for a little while I assume).

I also look forward to driving my FiST every day before and after work and even on lunch lol

Cheers friends!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I really enjoyed reading your post, @fastcompany166. I'm 7 years younger than you, and also enjoy driving this car everyday. If you offered me an even trade for the E90 M3 that I had previously, I wouldn't take it back, this is a lot more fun.
I added a little bit of power with the Mountune MP215 tune, but with or without it it's a quick and extremely fun little car. The quick and agile handling makes it fun even in regular driving situations, and on a twisty road it gets that much better.

Great post....I'm 47 and I thought I was just some Dad who was driving a young guys car. Great to hear I was very wrong. For the record, when I was looking at my FiST there was a beautiful brand new GT350 sitting next to it in the showroom, I pointed at it and told my wife "we are getting off lucky, THAT could have been my mid-life crisis"!!

Great post....I'm 47 and I thought I was just some Dad who was driving a young guys car. Great to hear I was very wrong. For the record, when I was looking at my FiST there was a beautiful brand new GT350 sitting next to it in the showroom, I pointed at it and told my wife "we are getting off lucky, THAT could have been my mid-life crisis"!!
So true!

OP
fastcompany166
Thread Starter #17
I really enjoyed reading your post, @fastcompany166. I'm 7 years younger than you, and also enjoy driving this car everyday. If you offered me an even trade for the E90 M3 that I had previously, I wouldn't take it back, this is a lot more fun.
I added a little bit of power with the Mountune MP215 tune, but with or without it it's a quick and extremely fun little car. The quick and agile handling makes it fun even in regular driving situations, and on a twisty road it gets that much better.
I've really lusted after the MP215 as well, but unfortunately it hasn't passed CARB certification for the 2017 model year, and I've all but given up bugging Mountune about when it will be available. Doubtful now if it ever will be. The car that the FiST most reminds me of was my first new car, a 69 BMW 1600. That car had HGF (high grin factor) too, and surprised many sports cars of the day in the canyons. Great memories.

OP
fastcompany166
Thread Starter #18
I'm 39 and have had my share of motorcycles, cars, atvs etc hat I learned to wrench on and grow a close relationship between man and machine.

I love your plate is "ANALOG" as I have a pretty elaborate vintage stereo setup and listen to vinyl records for the best experience. I've also merge new and old technology in ways that people are always amazed.

You could be that classic retired guy driving a convertible corvette but instead you are inspired by a what is essentially a modern classic anomaly. These FiST's will long be remembered and spoken of as legends of their time I have no doubt of that.

Ford just really got this one right and made it affordable. It's a shame you won't be able to get them in the states (for a little while I assume).

I also look forward to driving my FiST every day before and after work and even on lunch lol

Cheers friends!
I really believe that this car will be more sought after in coming years, as the world transitions to mobile appliances. I plan to keep it for the duration. And while the ANALOG plate points to the FiSTs attributes (or lack of nannies), it has another meaning. My entire 40 year career was in a single industry, that of consumer electronics. It started in 1970 with Pacific Stereo in a truly all analog world - vinyl records, reel-to-reel tape, tube amplifiers, etc. So it harkens back to my early days as well as aptly describing the fundamental essence of this amazing car.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I've really lusted after the MP215 as well, but unfortunately it hasn't passed CARB certification for the 2017 model year, and I've all but given up bugging Mountune about when it will be available. Doubtful now if it ever will be. The car that the FiST most reminds me of was my first new car, a 69 BMW 1600. That car had HGF (high grin factor) too, and surprised many sports cars of the day in the canyons. Great memories.
Interesting as it reminded me of my second car ( first did not last long due to lack of cornering ability lol) which was the car I cut my driving teeth on . I usually do not mention the first one as I only had it a few weeks.

The secomd is the one I always talk about and it was your cars rival and nemisis yup a Datsun PL510! The FiST embodies the spirit of that car, it was not a new car for me but then I was a teenager and new PL 510’s were no longer sold.

The next car that the FiST bears a strong reminder of is the B13 Sentra SER. Even more so in a sense because SER’s were considered to be spiritual descendents of PL510’s. So it is the FiST in many ways embodies these cars in many ways. Those cars were special and this car is special.

As far as the MP215 package goes , just wait till memorial day for another Mountune sale get a FB3 package for the same price or slightly cheaper than a MP215. You will get a unlocked Cobb AP with custom tunes by Mountune ( more power than a MP215) Mountune CARB friendly intake with filter, Mountune CARB friendly intercooler( new style bar and plate than can handle 300hp) , RMM,
Better tunes than a MP215 more parts as the MP215 does not come with intercooler. Plus your AP is not locked dowm like the MP215 AP. You can put anyones tunes on it.

Its a great way to get a lot for the money. Plus the tunes are setup to work with everything listed.
Thats if you want to travel the Mountune road.

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
FiST does not deserve the analog monicker. Torque Vectoring is always on. Hard to defeat and turn off.

I had Pacific Stereo repair an Atari 5200 joystick back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk