Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eternal youth update...

I remember fun quick and agile cars or so I thought until the FiST. I also remember cars that would give you a facelift for a few seconds. I hope I created a car that is both. This thread makes me thankful for still being alive and knowing there are some crusty old creatures still getting a stiffy the old fashioned way.

PhoenixM3

As I approach my 70th b-day later this year, I thought I’d post an update on my two years and 40K miles of ST ownership. Simply, I still think this car (stock) is the pinnacle of balance and performance. I get up every day looking forward to driving it, and apart from an alternator failure back at 15K, it has been flawless. Took a 6,000 mile road trip last fall from Texas to California, up the coast to Portland and back... what a blast. Grew up in SoCal, and have driven Hwy 1 literally 50 or more times. But the road I thought I knew well from San Simeon to Big Sur, was utterly different with the FiST. It’s like it was designed with this car in mind, and the “spirited” driving experience was the blast of all time. Never stopped grinning and being amazed at the cars ability to go fast effortlessly. I went to Pilot Sport AS3+ at 15K, and honestly, the slight drop off in responsiveness is more than offset by the mileage gain and absolutely great wet handling. My courage still runs out before the car gives up, so it was a good move. Bottom line, the car is everything I wanted and it still amazes me every day. My Euro front plate reads... ANALOG, and that kinda sums it all up. Cheers!
I wanna be like you when I grow up!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've really lusted after the MP215 as well, but unfortunately it hasn't passed CARB certification for the 2017 model year, and I've all but given up bugging Mountune about when it will be available. Doubtful now if it ever will be. The car that the FiST most reminds me of was my first new car, a 69 BMW 1600. That car had HGF (high grin factor) too, and surprised many sports cars of the day in the canyons. Great memories.
I cannot find the pic now, but if you want to see something hilarious, there is a pic of a 2002 tii following a current model M3 through a turn.
The M3 looks like a monster truck by comparison, and as if one could fit 3 2002s (or 1600s) inside of it!! [crazyeye] LOL