Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol

I've been reading about ethanol and how it is corrosive and how it can gum up fuel systems. Is anyone treating their fuel with any additives to combat the effect of ethanol? Is it necessary? Go!!!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
We run direct injection, so regardless your intake valves will eventually get gummed up.
Just run some seafoam through your tank after a good amount of miles are on your car and call it a day.

Also you can run meth to help keep the intake valves cleaner longer

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
We run direct injection, so regardless your intake valves will eventually get gummed up.
Just run some seafoam through your tank after a good amount of miles are on your car and call it a day.

Also you can run meth to help keep the intake valves cleaner longer
Question I know sea foam but how is running it through your tank going to help ?? still wont see the valve stems on the intake side .. Or did you mean blast it in the intake as you are idling ?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Question I know sea foam but how is running it through your tank going to help ?? still wont see the valve stems on the intake side .. Or did you mean blast it in the intake as you are idling ?
I was more referring to the whole "gunking up of the fuel system"
I should have specified lol