Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EU Spec Projectors in USA Fiesta ST PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS

it just blows my mind what a SICK shot this is every time I see it
I'm like, goddamn, that's MY car, WOW.

oh, also i wired up the LEDS. super easy.

literally ONE pin, that's it. took under 10mins.

Use a flathead to pop out the white plate inside the harness, push out the filler plug, add pin, tap pin to positive lead for sidemarker bulb. VOILA.

SO SO CASH. it is brighter than Focus ST3 LEDs. I'm like, hell yeah they're brighter... bitch. XD
I wonder what additional work would be required to turn off the daytime running light here in Canada? The LED strip would effectively replace the DRL that is standard here.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
I didn't bother wiring them for DRLs lol
they go on when I turn on my headlamps and flash when I click the car open

BlueBomber, who did you order your headlights through at FordPartsUk.com? I inquired about the headlights with the following part numbers and they said they weren't showing up in their system.

C1BB-13W030-CD / 1831485
C1BB-13W029-CD / 1831585

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Ask for the LHD cutoff ones for 2013+ "Facelift" Fiesta (sometimes called mk 7.5) from German spec cars.

You don't get the choice of whether or not you want the LED strip - if you want LHD cutoff, guess what, you're getting LEDs.
The non-LED DRL projectors are only avail in RHD cutoff.

Ask for the LHD cutoff ones for 2013+ "Facelift" Fiesta (sometimes called mk 7.5) from German spec cars.

You don't get the choice of whether or not you want the LED strip - if you want LHD cutoff, guess what, you're getting LEDs.
The non-LED DRL projectors are only avail in RHD cutoff.
Thanks BlueBomber! Sent them the additional info. I'm hoping my dad will be able to pick these up for me when he's back in the UK next month. I'll provide updated pricing if local pickup is of interest to anyone.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
do you have any pics of the LED's lit up?
oh only about a million

Don't ask for a night photo because they are so bright it will max out the light sensor of any camera you try to take a photo with - these are the best you will get. Otherwise it's so bright it's just a white blur.
They are about 2-3x brighter than OEM USA Focus ST ST3 Projector DRLs.

I wonder if the DRLs that are turned on for the Canadian market can be used to power the LEDs? Currently when headlights are in the off position, the high beams will turn on at a dimmed brightness. Ideally, I'd want the LEDs to replace the existing DRLs and stay on when the headlights are turned on.

Not sure if the wiring configuration you used would work for that?

I'm looking at retrofitting my OEMs with HID projectors, sort of like this concept FiST. Only one set of projectors per side, though, and switchback turn signals. Cost is about $580.00. High beams will be OEM. Lowbeams will be HID, but stay on when the high beams are turned on. We are looking at other possible uses for the unused beam. This requires not using your FiST for about 8 weeks, or buying a set of OEM headlamps, then selling them. They are about $800.00

Any updates on this?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I just asked. Sickhids.com is still working on my headlights. Should be done by middle of July. Brian usually posts the results on YouTube.I'll update with a video link as soon as I get the link.

I don't know why my last post didn't quote you... But thanks for the update. I looked up sickhids and there are terrible reviews... Mostly customer service related and people who didn't like waiting so long. Sounds like uve been waiting a while too

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
They take a long time, but that is because they do quality work and have a lot of customers. They told me eight to twelve weeks to complete.

Interesting read - I actually had a conversation with my buddy at Light Wurkz and he's actually going to be pulling a set of brand new Fusion headlights apart and retrofitting the projector into my Fiesta ST headlights. I'll keep you guys posted with the progress once it's underway.

Here's a custom LED set up he did on my Camaro SS in 2011:

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Interesting read - I actually had a conversation with my buddy at Light Wurkz and he's actually going to be pulling a set of brand new Fusion headlights apart and retrofitting the projector into my Fiesta ST headlights. I'll keep you guys posted with the progress once it's underway.

Here's a custom LED set up he did on my Camaro SS in 2011:

That would be awesome

TheStig

I just asked. Sickhids.com is still working on my headlights. Should be done by middle of July. Brian usually posts the results on YouTube.I'll update with a video link as soon as I get the link.
Any update Westcoast? Id like to see what sort of work they do.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Still work in progress. These lights are huge. This is also the first fiesta he's worked on. This is what my mustang lights look like.

Ford Community Posts