Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Evap purge valve issues

Chiming in late. Yes, mine shudders but picks itself back up. When this happens, a give the gas a blip or two.

Dealer said they couldn't reproduce the problem. I even have video of the RPMs dropping while idle. $150 later they said the purge valve near the gas filler should be replaced since it was covered in spiderwebs, and would cause similar symptoms. Is the evap purge hose that Whoosh sells the same evap purge hose that other people have been using to fix this issue? Thanks.
sorry to zombie bump but is whoosh’s kit a fix for this?

thanks

I bit the bullet and had it done by the dealer a couple months ago. The part number was D2BZ-9C047-E and so far so good. Judging by the pictures it appears to be the same part as the Whoosh Ford OEM evap harness to convert 2016+ Fiesta ST to 2014-2015 specs kit. Purchased directly from the dealer it's about the same price, however they would not install it. It had to be invoiced as part of the repair so I actually paid more for it. Looking back I would have taken an afternoon and do it myself.

Hey all,

I've been a long time lurker.
Anyways, I've been having the common idle issue after fill up. AFR and rpm goes all wonkey while idling until I drive it for atleast 10 minutes.
Always use Shell 93, always wait 30 seconds or more before removing nozzle, (Ive tried everything from 5 seconds to 2 minutes).
I know the fix is supposedly the evap purge valve or something. I was wondering what the part number is for this, as I honestly don't trust taking my car to the dealer unless necessary. Is this any easy fix?

Thanks for any help.

Chris
I have a 2017 fiesta se and was getting the same behavior at the pump and also check engine light and engine malfunction warning came up on infotainment screen. I changed the battery as it was 5 years old and throttle position sensor and throttle body so the last thing was purge valve. I looked everywhere and reached out to Ford parts center and purge valve was 300 + $ so was not gonna do that but I went to autoparts and bought just the valve and removed the 2 lines or hoses from original valve and connected hoses to new valve with rubber fuel hoses and two hose clamps to fix my problem and CEL and engine malfunction warning were gone . You may need a heat gun to remove hoses from valve as they are heat shrunk to each end from factory. Or you can carefully cut hoses at the end and you can connect tour rubber hoses and screwdriver clamps as well. 35 $ fix if its just the purge valve nut I spent $ on other parts to do elimination to fix car.

Got my fist back. Filled up for the first time today and tested to see if it would stall. Previously it was a 100% repeatable issue. This time, no stalling or hiccup whatsoever. Yahoo!! Only took two and a half years.

If you experience this issue, where the engine stumbles and stalls while idling immediately after filling with fuel, this is your fix. ChaNge the purge valve and feed tubes that are attached to it and cannot he removed. You have to replace all of it as an assembly.
Or you can remove feed tubes and connect with rubber gas line hoses and hose clamps it's also a doable fix to save you $ and i went crazy to find the whole purge assembly!

My FiST has a Mountune tune on it and the dealer just replaced this purge valve for me today under warranty and I have over 40k miles. I had a P0456 CEL code though, not sure I’d that made a difference. I also registered my tune with Ford so as not to have any trouble with them. I’ll need to drive for a week to see if the CEL comes back. I wasn’t having stalling issues though, just the CEL.
I assume everything was good for you after that.