Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust and babies?

Any parents out there have experience with babies in your car and catback exhausts? Are any quiet enough when not on the throttle to be ok with a sleeping baby, but loud enough to be worth it?

I am not a father, however, I am an uncle to half a dozen nieces and nephews. There have been a few times in my mustang with corsa extremes that the kids have literally fallen asleep in the front or the back. That exhaust is one of the loudest on the market too. I think the exhaust drone actually might've helped them fall asleep. My girlfriend thinks that's why she can sleep in my cars too. If I was becoming a father I would worry more on making sure the catyltic convert is working properly. I wouldnt want my kids constantly inhaling exhaust fumes at such early stages in brain development.

Erick_V

My dog is kind of a baby, a big 90lb furry baby that hates car rides. She hates my girlfriends Tiguan but will fall asleep in my rear seat deleted car. I have a Catted downpipe, MBRP catback and motor mounts so it’s pretty loud. I’ve never seen her fall asleep in any other car. My girlfriend also hates my exhaust but falls asleep in it too. As said above, long term exposure to higher db wouldn’t be good for little ones. I think the Thermal CBE would be the money spot.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I won’t put my kid in the fiesta with GReddy exhaust and catted downpipe. Too loud. Cobb cat back on stock downpipe I would not have hesitated to put her in.