Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust Height

Is it normal for the exhaust to be close to the ground at the elbow? I've got maybe 5" of ground clearance at the elbow (stock ride height using whoosh hangers). The elbow is the lowest thing on the car. Thermal R&D I installed last week.

Attachments

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It can be adjusted to be higher off the ground. You need to loosen clamps #2 and #3 (when counting from front of car) and adjust. Adjusting this will also make your exhaust tips sit a bit lower to the ground.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, I just didn't know what was normal/acceptable. I know I need to rotate clamp 2 so that the flange isn't hanging down. I've seen pictures of other installs where there was more of a gap between the exhaust and car there. I have also seen an install where it was tucked up pretty tight.

Part of the issue right now is that the third clamp is a little bent (I have a zeal for tightening things). I am afraid that if I loosen to readjust, it won't clamp back down properly with the bend. I have been trying to get in touch with Thermal since last week to figure out how to get a replacement, but they haven't responded.

It can be adjusted to be higher off the ground. You need to loosen clamps #2 and #3 (when counting from front of car) and adjust. Adjusting this will also make your exhaust tips sit a bit lower to the ground.

Last edited: