Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust manifold studs

Going to install a ported exhaust manifold for my hybrid turbo ....anyone who has previously done this recommend changing out all the studs or any advice when doing this

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Going to install a ported exhaust manifold for my hybrid turbo ....anyone who has previously done this recommend changing out all the studs or any advice when doing this
run a tap through all the threads to clean them (2 on manifold flange, 1 on the turbo flange)
install new studs or new bolts

tap and thread size for new hardware is M8x1.25

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
If I have the exhuast mani off its getting new studs and nuts. It's the right way to do it
ive had stock, VUDU ported, whoosh extrude honed/ported/coated, and Peron tubular on the 2017 orange spice head , never had an issue with reusing the OEM studs and nuts in that area

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The OEM manifold to head studs don't get stretched, so they're OK to reuse. Just make sure you hit them with the torque wrench prior to reinstalling the manifold to make sure they're tight. Replacing them can't hurt, however. I replaced all of mine while I had the manifold off.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I work at a dealer. If they come off, they get replaced. FSM >
Seconded. FSM says to toss them and install new studs / nuts. I have done both ways (replace and not replace) and have never had an issue, but the right way is to replace them.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
The bolts are M8x1.25 but how long are they? I’m trying to find high quality studs to order.
I actually emailed Ron on this yesterday. I ended up grabbing the ARP downpipe hardware times 2 for both ends of the turbo and as of now just grabbing a set of OEM manifold hardware just in case during install any of it gets mangled. I checked the ARP website and they got more for pintos than I could find for this car.

I actually emailed Ron on this yesterday. I ended up grabbing the ARP downpipe hardware times 2 for both ends of the turbo and as of now just grabbing a set of OEM manifold hardware just in case during install any of it gets mangled. I checked the ARP website and they got more for pintos than I could find for this car.
That’s crazy, I emailed Ron the exact same question but I think he’s had enough of my incessant questions haha, I also ended up just ordering rhe ARP studs from Amazon in M8x1.25 32mm length as that’s all they had. Hope they fit as I would really like to do this install correctly. Is that the same length you ordered??

ARP 400-8001 M8 x 1.25 x 32mm Stainless Steel Stud Kit - 4 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TPMUFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5HZKXDCXMBQ4N32XTV48