Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Experience with Livernois 93 tune?

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
My 2019 Ranger is tuned by LMS and I'm thinking about swapping the tuner over to the Fiesta ($150 to transfer it).

My Fiesta is my commuter, so I am curious to know what others have seen as far as highway MPGs after tuning. I'd like to have the extra power for 'spirited driving' but I don't want to take a big hit on MPGs during the 75% of the time that I'm just commuting.

I'm currently averaging about 30 MPG overall, with my best attempts to not jump on it all the time.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Livernois does tunes for a lot of cars, and they've been around awhile.
All the tuners know the limits of the stock turbo, and they can tune it so it scoots, but won't blow up. That's what you want.
I'm around 210 WHP / 276 WTQ. Stock was about 174 WHP / 190 WTQ. That's all you're going to get with the stock turbo, and it's enough for me. The torque is so nice for passing.
Cruising at 70 or 80 on freeway trips, my mileage has slowly improved. 32 on my first cross-country burn, 34 on my last 300-miler, driving very fast, and not using the cruise as much.
Driving casually, there's little to no difference in mileage. It just burns more when you get on it.

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #5
This will be the third vehicle tuned by LMS, so no concerns there. I was thoroughly impressed with their tune on my 2013 SHO (ran 12s with just the tune) and my 2019 Ranger (probably ran 13s or low 14s with just the tune), so I'm sure they won't disappoint with this car. My only concern was destroying my current MPGs, which was a big reason for buying the car. Thanks!

This will be the third vehicle tuned by LMS, so no concerns there. I was thoroughly impressed with their tune on my 2013 SHO (ran 12s with just the tune) and my 2019 Ranger (probably ran 13s or low 14s with just the tune), so I'm sure they won't disappoint with this car. My only concern was destroying my current MPGs, which was a big reason for buying the car. Thanks!
my MPGs actually improved when i got my monstertune adapt-x for pump gas. i had never heard Livernois until this post but based on quick reading it seems like monstertune and livernois are pretty similar so i'd think you would have similar results.

increased MPGs actually make some sense as the Ford OEM tune artificially dials down the torque whereas our aftermarket tunes just let it do what it do. so you can get more movement with less RPMs.

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #7
Just sent LMS an email saying, "let's do this". :D

They are a good company, I've never had any issues with their tunes and their customer service has always been top-notch. It is my understanding that they work very closely with Ford on a variety of things, which is why I went with them when I bought my SHO. That was a fun car, but I had space to park one vehicle at the time and I really needed a truck.

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Just got off the phone with LMS and they got my tuner transferred over to the Fiesta in about 5 minutes. Sent them the vehicle info they needed and now I'm just waiting on the files, then it is time to install the 93-performance tune.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just got off the phone with LMS and they got my tuner transferred over to the Fiesta in about 5 minutes. Sent them the vehicle info they needed and now I'm just waiting on the files, then it is time to install the 93-performance tune.
I'm assuming they'll do some revisions, if needed. You're gonna love the torque.

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #13
Yeah - not rain!
Trying it out on wet roads yesterday, it easily breaks the tires from a dig at the top of third. I am always amazed by how much a cheap/simple tune wakes up these ecoboost engines. The immediate change on the SHO's 3.5L blew my mind, same deal on the Ranger's 2.7L, and now this.

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #14
After putting some miles on the car, I am very happy with the tune. Still gets good mileage, still fits the bill for commuting, and no issues. Of note, the car walks all over the Focus ST from a stoplight...I had the chance to learn that, three times, on my drive into work this morning, haha.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
After putting some miles on the car, I am very happy with the tune. Still gets good mileage, still fits the bill for commuting, and no issues. Of note, the car walks all over the Focus ST from a stoplight...I had the chance to learn that, three times, on my drive into work this morning, haha.
You're right, sorta.
A stock FoST is faster than a stock FiST in a straight line, but even then, it's down to driver skill.
I won't knock the FoST. If you need more room, it's an excellent dad car that isn't boring when dad wants a little fun on his "time alone" drives. The FoST is not a boring car. Ever.
If I had the money, I'd be buying clean examples of both.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #18
You're right, sorta.
A stock FoST is faster than a stock FiST in a straight line, but even then, it's down to driver skill.
I won't knock the FoST. If you need more room, it's an excellent dad car that isn't boring when dad wants a little fun on his "time alone" drives. The FoST is not a boring car. Ever.
If I had the money, I'd be buying clean examples of both.
Who's "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket? haha

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #19
Definitely not knocking the Focus ST, and it was on my short list as I hunted for a fun commuter car. I guess I expected a tuned Fiesta to just stay alongside a stock Focus for some reason, but that wasn't the case.

Definitely not knocking the Focus ST, and it was on my short list as I hunted for a fun commuter car. I guess I expected a tuned Fiesta to just stay alongside a stock Focus for some reason, but that wasn't the case.
we should ALL be knocking the FoST...and the Civic/Integra and the VW GTI and the Hyundai N(s). this is the FIESTA ST Forum. not the Front Wheel Drive Kumbaya Forum.

now all of you get off my lawn.

edit: but seriously, @NOVA_Ranger i get what you mean but the really weird thing is i think the Fiesta ST to the Focus ST is like the Cayman to the 911. the Fiesta is just a *much* better platform for a front wheel drivetrain. A tuned fiesta matches if not exceeds a stock focus on torque, is only down maybe 30HP and most importantly is about 800lbs lighter.

I personally think the Focus is just too big to turn into a FWD performance vehicle. Really the only big advantage a Focus has (off the top of my head) is you can stuff a really wide tire under the wheel arch. The only real drawback the Fiesta platform has is a hard ceiling for all the performance mods, including tire width.

Last edited: