Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Extended Warranty?

SrsBsns

I've received a few notices from Ford that my warranty is running out.

I have the 5-year, 60K warranty and in 2020, it will end. I'm at about 45K.

I've owned the car for two years now, and the only issue I've had, besides the door blend motors, is a cooling system issue. I had a hose break which led to the car overheating. It was not covered under warranty, so I had Ford install the new hose to make sure any future failures related to that part are covered.

So, given all of that, I'm leaning towards not shelling out some extra $$ for the extended warranty, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with Ford's extended warranty?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I bought a Ford extended warranty with my Ford Focus I definitely regret purchasing it and it was a stupid decision on my part. I told the finance manager no about five times on the Fiesta ST. Most financial consumer experts would highly recommend not getting an extended warranty just simply put that money aside in savings for the repair that may never happen anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #3
I bought a Ford extended warranty with my Ford Focus I definitely regret purchasing it and it was a stupid decision on my part. I told the finance manager no about five times on the Fiesta ST. Most financial consumer experts would highly recommend not getting an extended warranty just simply put that money aside in savings for the repair that may never happen anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's kind of my thought process as well so far. And knowing that Ford didn't warranty the bad coolant hose because it was not a "mechanical failure," does not give me confidence that they'll take care of me in the future.

They basically told me that if there was damage to the motor because the hose failed, it would not have been covered at all.

I picked up my new FIST yesterday and the dealer really pushed the extended warranty. Wanted $1684 and I politely said no

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I'm not into modding, aside from the little things (rmm, short shifter and the like), but if you want to go down that road, then an extended warranty will be an especially big waste.
Like others have said, waste of money... unless you're Doug Demuro and buying a used Aston Martin [emoji857]

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

Zormecteon

I picked up a 2104 in January of 2014. I have just under 60k miles. I didn't get the extended warranty. It would have been money down the drain for me as the car has needed NOTHING but regular servicing.

YMMV

My 2¢