Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

factory tire mileage?

8500 miles? That's it? Wow. You must really be enjoying the car. [emoji106][emoji13]
Yeah, no kidding, everyone must be doing burnouts or something to not even get to 10k miles. I'm close to 30k miles on the original tires and I'm not easy on the tires by any means (grip in the corners, just no burnouts).

C. love

I am not easy on my car I got 22K i could have gotten 30K i bet but got a nail through the sidewall on one at that point I just bought new tires

haste

1000 Post Club
I got about 15k out of my stockers, including 3 hours of track time balls to the wall at VIR. I probably could have gotten another 5-7k out of them if it hadn't been for the track. I rotated about every 5k.

lol...forgot to repost after I finally had my tires changed. In the end, I made it to 37k miles on the factories. Had free tires for life from the dealer, so I let them worry about it. Apparently, the factory tires were discontinued, or something. So they mounted four new tires they ordered from somewhere. Like I said, they were free, so I really didn't care what went back on. As long as they were within specs.

i could have probably squeezed 10k if summer weather stuck around... no burnouts on the car however i do live in the mountains and commute 90 miles a day on tight mountain roads.. car has over 10 k on it and i have only had it since the first week in June so 5 months[biggrin]

I got about 20,000 km out of my summer, did about 1.5 hour of track on them and some spiritual driving~ should be able to get another 5000-10000 out of them in a good dry weather.. But since winter is coming I have to change to winters already... No point of changing back to those summer and drive for a month and change them again...

I pulled my OEM RE050As at 29,939. Tire pressures were religiously checked and left at Ford's recommended pressures, and they were rotated twice as frequently as my oil changes (approximately every 2,250 miles). Tread depth was an even 2/32nd all around when they got pulled, and this included a track day at VIR.

Yeah, no kidding, everyone must be doing burnouts or something to not even get to 10k miles. I'm close to 30k miles on the original tires and I'm not easy on the tires by any means (grip in the corners, just no burnouts).
yeah, I took mine off for the winter and I've got like 70% left, probably 6k miles on them. if I'm not a moron 20k seems likely

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it depends on what tires were equipped from the factory. I have Michelin pilot sport a/s 3 I do belive Treadway rating is a 500. Some vehicles were equipped with summer tires and that's why you didn't get very much life out of them.

3000 miles, 2 track days and almost no tread left in the fronts, car hydroplanes easily in medium rain. Only reason I'm getting another set of OEMs is so I can do apples to apples testing of some upgrades, otherwise I'd go with a 200tw tire like Dunlop ZII or AD08R (more grip and longer lasting, win/win...).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who has gotten what tires on their vehicle? I'm interested in seeing what brands were installed other than what I have...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Who has gotten what tires on their vehicle? I'm interested in seeing what brands were installed other than what I have...
Love my BFG s-comps I'm running on my 15s and I'll be running them again on my 16s this spring. They have the best reviews in their category on tirerack.

MPA

I swapped out my RE050As for winter tires. 5,200 miles on them and the rears look great, the front's not so great. If I was going to put them back on the car I would rotate them, and the fronts would be able to go another 7,500.

Even off the car, the sidewalls look tiny, so I'm going to swap to some 16s once it warms back up

If you aren't getting 20,000 miles on them you aren't rotating them or you are driving hard. I have about 22,000 and expect to get another 5,000

I got 10k out of two of them. Maybe have about 3k more on the other two. Going to Michelin AS3s

I got about 30k on them and if i rotated them before going to nitto neo gen i would of got like 3k more

Is this type of uneven wear normal? 2 tires are at 2/32 and the other 2 are at 8+/32 (estimate with the quarter, there's plenty of tread). They were taken off at 8k miles for my winter set up and never rotated. No HPDE, though I did rip up tail of the dragon pretty good :)

I don't know which pair is front/back. The 'vehicle report card' from the dealership shows the fronts as 12/32 and rear as 10/32. Well that's wrong because 10/32 isn't even close to the 2/32 that they actually are so I don't think the tech even measured... Is it safe to assume the more worn tires are the fronts, assuming the documentation from the dealership is wrong?