Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

failed smog visual inspection - need to reinstall symposer

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just tune it out brother. People start talking politics my mind shuts down. I dont even hear them. Their mouth is moving but I literally hear nothing.
Yeah, I go on here to GET AWAY FROM all of the at each others' throats incessantly political WARS in this land currently.

There are plenty of sites which I can go on for ideological 'venting' if I need that, just as there are for the 'other side', which so many on here seem to be.

NO NEED to bring that BS in here! [wink]

SrsBsns

TemecFist - I'm a few hours away from Temecula, if I was any closer I'd take you up on it lol.

apex1 - Luckily the rubber hose is still attached and was routed behind the battery. I'm trying to buy a used one off a forum member but if anyone near the ventura county area or near the SFV can spare one for a quick test I'd appreciate it!
Where are you located? I'm in SD and you could use mine. I removed it but held onto it just in case I ran into the same problem when I need to get smogged.

Last edited:
OP
ray_bandz0
Thread Starter #28
Where are you located? I'm in SD and you could use my stock one if you just need it to pass and don't want to have to buy a new one.
Thank you for offering! I just ordered a used one from a forum member otherwise I would.

One option would be to refit a symposer, but just install an internal plug to eliminate any pressure loss.

I had to argue a bit with the classing guys at a couple autocrosses that since there was no flow (even if there was pressure), was just a connection to a comfort/convenience item, and wasn't in the intake pathway, the rule didn't apply. Obviously, tech guy would be different from a ref...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you D1JL.

Yea it's in California, the guy didn't even know what it was at first. I showed him an article explaining how the symposer is only used to pump sound into the cabin. He read something about the symposer delete needing to be a tight seal to not lose boost pressure and he used that in his argument and didn't back down.
Well, then, he's clearly not a Democrat.

Probably calls himself a libertarian. :p