Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Falken Azenis

Anyone rock falken azenis in the stock 205/40/17 tire size? Thinking about getting a set for autocross. I rock them on my G8 and they are fantastic. Just not a lot of options for a good autox tire in that size. Please don't suggest going to 16s...

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just finished off a set of RT615K+ 215/45 on 17x8 and liked them enough to buy a fresh set of 215/40 (/45 is too tall). There's a bunch of BRZ/FRS guys at my local track days and most of the run them in the stock size (215/45 x 17?) - everyone likes 'em, esp. since they don't overhead on a 20 minute track session, at least on the lighter cars.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I ran them for one lap of america. Just curious if other fiesta guys ran them. I get the firestones are a popular choice for the price but they aren't nearly competitive enough.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im running 215 40 17 for my street summer tires and loving them. Even in rain.

Just bought my second set of 615K+ in 215/40 r17. Great bang for buck and they are super solid on track. I'll buy another set once I roast this pair.

I've done the 615K's in 205/40 on a 17" x 7.5". By TireRack's spec's the 215/40 is 1/2" taller, but the tread width is no wider, and the weight is the same. Seems odd. How are these measuring out for you guys?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I ran them for one lap of america. Just curious if other fiesta guys ran them. I get the firestones are a popular choice for the price but they aren't nearly competitive enough.
I run both. 215/40-17 RT615K+ for track and 205/40-17 Indy500 for street. The RT615K+ doesn’t last long on the street. You’re better off with Federal 595RSR for street if you want sticky rubber and decent mileage. Indy 500s are fantastic street tires but don’t have the same level of grip as the 595RSR. They’ll last a lot longer though and they’re better in rain.

kevinatfms

I run them on FRPP rally wheels in 205/40R17 as a secondary setup. My primary is a set of 15x7's with RS-RR's.

The Falkens are so much better in terms of noise and heat tolerance over the RS-RR. I greased my RS-RR's this past weekend at an autocross event after the 3rd run while my Azenis in the same conditions went a whole day without fault. Lot temps were the same, humidity was within 3% and only difference in the car is an MFactory diff now installed.

I would have thought the LSD would help temps a bit but that might have been the deciding factor. I still think the Azenis is an amazing tire, especially in our stock size.