Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fastest Fiesta ST

Lays

Super curious to know what it weighs, will watch the video when I get home, at work currently

Lays

He says “900kg, maybe a bit less”
tl;dr on weight
900 kilos = ~1984 lbs

tl;dr on motor
g25-550 turbo with hood dump and screamer pipe, sidewinder manifold, stock 6 speed, open diff, Syvecs ECU, stock internals other than cams

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
That's wild, I was guessing ~2100-2200 with him in it, so I guess I was close. I wonder how much lighter the UK 2 door model is vs our 4 door US model?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's wild, I was guessing ~2100-2200 with him in it, so I guess I was close. I wonder how much lighter the UK 2 door model is vs our 4 door US model?
Looks like 2,564 from the factory versus our 2,720. Dude also says he put full fiberglass doors and some other extreme weight saving measures to get it under 2,000 lbs

Lays

Looks like 2,564 from the factory versus our 2,720. Dude also says he put full fiberglass doors and some other extreme weight saving measures to get it under 2,000 lbs

This has given me renewed hope, but then I remember he did all this work and fab + time/money just to run 10s, other platforms with the same amount will be faster obviously. However, this isn't a drag car as we all know lol.
I really enjoyed my time drag racing last year, even with all the problems I had with the car. I'd like to get back out this year and do more, hopefully run the 11 I was trying for last year.

I hope he gets more runs in this year and runs like a 10.5 or quicker, that'd be awesome.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
That’s a pretty wicked car. I dig the flames too! Is 10 seconds in the 1/4 fast? I’ve never drag raced so I don’t really know what this car compares to. Are old Civics quicker? His rear wheels are terrifying lol. I love seeing creative aero and wild builds like this.

FJ16

The work he put in is very impressive (and the results speak to that with him getting the record), but I can't help feeling that he really sacrificed everything the car is meant to be just to run high 10s... which some cars can do bone stock these days. I like that someone is pushing that boundary, but I also think it's a strange road to take - we know these cars aren't optimal for 1/4 mile runs.

Lays

That’s a pretty wicked car. I dig the flames too! Is 10 seconds in the 1/4 fast? I’ve never drag raced so I don’t really know what this car compares to. Are old Civics quicker? His rear wheels are terrifying lol. I love seeing creative aero and wild builds like this.
About the same as a dodge hellcat, the ones I've seen at the drags run ~10.8-11.3
Most 600cc motorcycles will run about the same speed.

Fiesta ST's run like ~14.7 stock I believe, so he's cookin.

Older civics have gone faster, but 99% of the stock parts on them are gone, or are no longer from a civic lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The work he put in is very impressive (and the results speak to that with him getting the record), but I can't help feeling that he really sacrificed everything the car is meant to be just to run high 10s... which some cars can do bone stock these days. I like that someone is pushing that boundary, but I also think it's a strange road to take - we know these cars aren't optimal for 1/4 mile runs.
Yeah, KUDOS to those trying to turn these cars into quarter horses, but they are NOT a natural choice for that effort, and it HAS TO shorten the reliability of the drive train more than significantly. [:(]

By comparison; my brother has gone about those very same numbers (actually a slightly quicker ET in near perfect DA/conditions) in an '06 C6 LS2 slushbox Vette with just intake manifold, drag radials/skinnies, long tubes, and a tune.

Plus the car is still fully streetable, registered, and insured, and driven. [wink]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Interesting video. Would like to see a more technical look at what was done for weight savings as that applies to all levels of motorsports. My target weight for my car is 2,400 but I'm wondering if I should be aiming lower now.

Business6

You can very reasonably argue that the car isn't optimal for autocross due to high center of gravity and rollover risk, too.

People who do this to a car like a fiesta ST would likely do it to any other car they have in their hands at the time regardless of the base performance. Passion for racing supersedes the vehicle you're racing and it's something you see over and over again in this hobby which is probably the best part of it.

Even in the tech industry, much more in the past than now, video cards/cpu/ram being overclocked within an inch of their life and punching way above their MSRP was a huge draw for people regardless of what they did with the PC. There are a lot more outright blocks, hurdles and complexities involved now, sadly, but I feel there's always this subsect of a given hobby who's only goal is pushing the envelope. If people have the money, time and curiosity to do so, fuck yeah, I can appreciate it.

FJ16

Even in the tech industry, much more in the past than now, video cards/cpu/ram being overclocked within an inch of their life and punching way above their MSRP was a huge draw for people regardless of what they did with the PC. There are a lot more outright blocks, hurdles and complexities involved now, sadly, but I feel there's always this subsect of a given hobby who's only goal is pushing the envelope. If people have the money, time and curiosity to do so, fuck yeah, I can appreciate it.
I see where you're coming from, but overclocking GPUs is an odd comparison. GPUs are made to do 1 thing - accelerate the rendering and processing of graphics. Anyone who is trying to modify them is doing it with that as the goal; just making them better at that 1 thing. Fists aren't made to drag race. If someone were pushing the track capabilities or autox boundaries of this car it would be a different story. Modifying a Fist to punch "way above their MSRP" doing the things it actually does well (which they already do imo) would be entirely logical, but gutting it and force-feeding it down a dragstrip is just a square peg in a round hole.

Business6

I see where you're coming from, but overclocking GPUs is an odd comparison. GPUs are made to do 1 thing - accelerate the rendering and processing of graphics. Anyone who is trying to modify them is doing it with that as the goal; just making them better at that 1 thing. Fists aren't made to drag race. If someone were pushing the track capabilities or autox boundaries of this car it would be a different story. Modifying a Fist to punch "way above their MSRP" doing the things it actually does well (which they already do imo) would be entirely logical, but gutting it and force-feeding it down a dragstrip is just a square peg in a round hole.
It was more about being a hobby and a passion than anything else. But square peg in a round hole did pretty well in that video, I think, haha

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The bar has been raised so high now that stock cars that weigh twice as much are running 10's. I feel like at some point the amount of G's these cars make when accelerating will cause people to pass out.

FJ16

The bar has been raised so high now that stock cars that weigh twice as much are running 10's. I feel like at some point the amount of G's these cars make when accelerating will cause people to pass out.
Man I feel like some electric monsters are already close to that - they are getting scary off the line!