Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Feeling a bit bummed about the ST, Thinking of trading it in...

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I still want to drive a Veolster N, and judge for myself before I say anything about it. Main issue right now is they're damn near impossible to find, new or used.
Quick autotrader search in the Indy area there are ~15 new and used for sale. May not be selling many near you therefore dealerships not stocking them, or they're selling fast AF.

Quick autotrader search in the Indy area there are ~15 new and used for sale. May not be selling many near you therefore dealerships not stocking them, or they're selling fast AF.
Problem is now that they're available with the DCT, that's all anyone in NoVA is stocking. Within 200 miles of me there are 4 new and 1 used in manual.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
One of the issues with any Hyundai product is the dealership experience some of the dealers can be downright awful, so having limited availability and not being able to shop around much can really suck.

I was fortunate when I bought my Genesis that the dealership was part of a large group that has been around for a long time and treats people right.

Hyundai knows this is a problem and they obviously want to fix it but dealerships can basically get away with murder. Very odd business model if you ask me. Car manufacturers should be able to rip the balls off a dealership if they choose to when they want.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Problem is now that they're available with the DCT, that's all anyone in NoVA is stocking. Within 200 miles of me there are 4 new and 1 used in manual.
You'd be pleasantly surprised with the DCT I think. Unless you HAVE to have the 6MT, the DCT is a great choice and the faster of the two.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I see two issues with the Veloster N that really get me aesthetically. One is the damn two door one side one door other. Its just fricken weird. Two is its just a bigger car. I am sorry but I love the smaller car thing about the FiST and yes if we had got the I30 N or I20N that might have been taken care of. Instead we got what I call the bastard child. Sorry Magnestise thats just how I feel.
Those two things make it a fail in my book. It is also interesting I should note that my neighbor went from a Z to a Miata and owned a Miata for a several years . Someone bought his special edition model for a ungodly price so he picked up a Veloster N . Guess what is now back in his parking space a year later? Yup you guessed it another Miata.
I asked and all he would say was the my nephew needed a car so I gave him the Veloster N and picked up this Miata ( current gen) .
He really did not need to say more in my book it basically told me he had come to the conclusion that handling wise the Veloster was just not cutting the mustard. I think I would come away feeling the same.
P.S. I should add we are both RWD guys at heart so it stands to reason given our druthers if it weighs more or feels boaty and its FWD we are gonna dump it in favor of something smaller lighter and or RWD.
Thats me and thats my take. Like I said earlier my FiST is going nowhere and I have no desire to replace it with another FWD car.

I see two issues with the Veloster N that really get me aesthetically. One is the damn two door one side one door other. Its just fricken weird. Two is its just a bigger car. I am sorry but I love the smaller car thing about the FiST and yes if we had got the I30 N or I20N that might have been taken care of. Instead we got what I call the bastard child. Sorry Magnestise thats just how I feel.
Those two things make it a fail in my book. It is also interesting I should note that my neighbor went from a Z to a Miata and owned a Miata for a several years . Someone bought his special edition model for a ungodly price so he picked up a Veloster N . Guess what is now back in his parking space a year later? Yup you guessed it another Miata.
I asked and all he would say was the my nephew needed a car so I gave him the Veloster N and picked up this Miata ( current gen) .
He really did not need to say more in my book it basically told me he had come to the conclusion that handling wise the Veloster was just not cutting the mustard. I think I would come away feeling the same.
P.S. I should add we are both RWD guys at heart so it stands to reason given our druthers if it weighs more or feels boaty and its FWD we are gonna dump it in favor of something smaller lighter and or RWD.
Thats me and thats my take. Like I said earlier my FiST is going nowhere and I have no desire to replace it with another FWD car.
About 500lbs weight difference.😱😬

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
About 500lbs weight difference.😱😬
and the i30N weighs even more lololol.

@Dpro its all good, I've never owned a RWD car or driven one on the track. I don't want to because I don't think I have the guts to push it hard enough for it to be fun. I also think that hot hatchbacks are the ultimate daily / weekend toy. I occasionally need to haul friends and family around plus the ability to cart my track stuff to and from my house. I don't think the VN compromises on anything (except interior quality, but hey... Hyundai). This was the only logical choice besides the CTR which was way out of budget.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
and the i30N weighs even more lololol.

@Dpro its all good, I've never owned a RWD car or driven one on the track. I don't want to because I don't think I have the guts to push it hard enough for it to be fun. I also think that hot hatchbacks are the ultimate daily / weekend toy. I occasionally need to haul friends and family around plus the ability to cart my track stuff to and from my house. I don't think the VN compromises on anything (except interior quality, but hey... Hyundai). This was the only logical choice besides the CTR which was way out of budget.
Oh@MagnetiseST I see your position and reasoning. I have driven RWD all my life with occasional forays into FWD . My good P10 aka Infiniti G20 aka Nissan Primera was the previous FWD car I owned and loved . God if I had dropped a SR20DET in that car. :ROFLMAO:If was not for having to smog it every two years. :ROFLMAO:
It was a dominant BTCC in the late 90’s into the 2000’s won many championships. It was a great handling 4 door bottom of the line luxury car :ROFLMAO:. I laugh because in Japan and Europe it was basically just a nicer Nissan. With double wishbone front suspension.
Though I digress I actually picked up my FiST for the whole ultimate daily/fun car as well.
The fact that I discovered it looking for a daily and it turned out to be so much more was icing on the cake so to speak.
Honestly I could see the VN over the CTR . While I think the VN is a bit weird the CTR is just ungodly ugly. It’s like Honda took a poor looking design already and slapped a gundam style bodykit from the late 90’s on it. It was totally hello Honda the 90’s are calling and they want their ugly body kit back.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Oh@MagnetiseST I see your position and reasoning. I have driven RWD all my life with occasional forays into FWD . My good P10 aka Infiniti G20 aka Nissan Primera was the previous FWD car I owned and loved . God if I had dropped a SR20DET in that car. :ROFLMAO:If was not for having to smog it every two years. :ROFLMAO:
It was a dominant BTCC in the late 90’s into the 2000’s won many championships. It was a great handling 4 door bottom of the line luxury car :ROFLMAO:. I laugh because in Japan and Europe it was basically just a nicer Nissan. With double wishbone front suspension.
Though I digress I actually picked up my FiST for the whole ultimate daily/fun car as well.
The fact that I discovered it looking for a daily and it turned out to be so much more was icing on the cake so to speak.
Honestly I could see the VN over the CTR . While I think the VN is a bit weird the CTR is just ungodly ugly. It’s like Honda took a poor looking design already and slapped a gundam style bodykit from the late 90’s on it. It was totally hello Honda the 90’s are calling and they want their ugly body kit back.
Man, should've SR20 swapped that P10, that would've been a riot. I'm also a RWD guy. Only other FWD car I've owned was a 97 Volvo 850R which was great but not terribly sporty. Tried AWD with the Mazdaspeed6 and may try again with one that's not front-biased as the MS6 was, but will certainly never have another FWD or front-biased AWD again. That said, I love the FiST and will likely never get rid of it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Man, should've SR20 swapped that P10, that would've been a riot. I'm also a RWD guy. Only other FWD car I've owned was a 97 Volvo 850R which was great but not terribly sporty. Tried AWD with the Mazdaspeed6 and may try again with one that's not front-biased as the MS6 was, but will certainly never have another FWD or front-biased AWD again. That said, I love the FiST and will likely never get rid of it.
Ya they came with NA SR20’ stock ( whopping 140hp lol) so the swap would be pretty easy except never fly on smog. I know guys that have put the later model SR20VE in which was a 200hp NA version of the SR.
I totally relate to your feeling about not owning another FWD or front biased AWD .

Last edited:
Ya they came with NA SR20’ stock ( whopping 140hp lol) so the swap would be pretty easy except never fly on smog. I know guys that have put the later model SR20VE in which was a 200hp NA version of the SR.
I totally relate to your feeling about not owning another FWD or front biased AWD .
I dunno what your all on about. I was absolutely in the camp that RWD was the most rewarding to drive until I drove the FiST. Ford highlighted that a well sorted FWD chassis can be plenty fun, granted it’s not the ideal setup for a number of reasons, that doesn’t mean it isn’t enjoyable. I don’t think I’ll ever make final decisions about a car, especially based off of drive wheels, without seat time anymore. As I’m positive Ford isn’t the only company to have a good driving FWD car past present or future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I dunno what your all on about. I was absolutely in the camp that RWD was the most rewarding to drive until I drove the FiST. Ford highlighted that a well sorted FWD chassis can be plenty fun, granted it’s not the ideal setup for a number of reasons, that doesn’t mean it isn’t enjoyable. I don’t think I’ll ever make final decisions about a car, especially based off of drive wheels, without seat time anymore. As I’m positive Ford isn’t the only company to have a good driving FWD car past present or future.

I am not sure why you are concerning yourself or thinking I am on about something as to speaking to my preferences. I had driven rewarding FWD cars before the FiST in fact my Primera aka G20 was what I was talking about as well as B13 Sentra SER’s . I am not that big on FWD cars though never have been. Its my preference and I really don’t care what you think about it beyond being marveled by the fact that would call me out on it. :ROFLMAO:

I am not planning on getting rid of my FiST for something else. I would also not rule out something in the future but I can relate to someone not wanting a FWD per my previously stated preferences. I should add when I am talking this way I am talking primarily sports cars.
We were having a discussion and it seems like you have taken quite an offense to it. Why do you care?

I am not sure why you are concerning yourself or thinking I am on about something as to speaking to my preferences. I had driven rewarding FWD cars before the FiST in fact my Primera aka G20 was what I was talking about as well as B13 Sentra SER’s . I am not that big on FWD cars though never have been. Its my preference and I really don’t care what you think about it beyond being marveled by the fact that would call me out on it. :ROFLMAO:

I am not planning on getting rid of my FiST for something else. I would also not rule out something in the future but I can relate to someone not wanting a FWD per my previously stated preferences. I should add when I am talking this way I am talking primarily sports cars.
We were having a discussion and it seems like you have taken quite an offense to it. Why do you care?
I mean I’m not offended, but I just found it weird that in spite of all of our collective realization of how good FWD can be that we’d reach different conclusions about what we’d consider owning going forward. You can read into it if you want, but I felt I made my contribution and that’s all I have to say. No need to get all passive aggressive about it my guy.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I mean I’m not offended, but I just found it weird that in spite of all of our collective realization of how good FWD can be that we’d reach different conclusions about what we’d consider owning going forward. You can read into it if you want, but I felt I made my contribution and that’s all I have to say. No need to get all passive aggressive about it my guy.

lol not being passive aggressive in the least nor offended. Just really responding.
If anything your post came off a little aggressive perhaps you made a poor choice of words . When you say to someone I dunno why your all on about. Thats pretty much a call out asking for a response and its an aggressive call out.
Now you came to your conclusion I came to mine. Not everyone in the world is gonna agree with your thinking just because you feel you came to a epiphany.
Perhaps I had more experience with FWD than you realized or know because of the fact its not the first time I have stated I am a RWD guy at heart? I am not reading anything into any of this. You questioned I responded in kind.
I only mentioned I was amazed you would make any kind of deal about it at all as no one else did. We all are different and like different things. No two people usually agree on everything, they can agree on some yet at the same time have variations of opinions. Its not all fixed. Its not all Black and White . Unless you are a lawyer and arguing law. lol Then it definitely is except when it comes their own choices. :ROFLMAO:

anyways don’t sweat it . We can’t expect to agree all the time and have not in the past.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

owned bit of cars throughout the years. most memorable weren't the fastest cars with the best stats but the ones that were most fun to drive, like my crx si and na miata. the evo strikes a good balance too. sadly most of what makes those cars fun, like hydraulic steering, manual transmission, lower weight, etc are dying out. in less than 15 years who know if there'll be internal combustion engines around and things won't be all electric. having driven a model 3 performance (not mine) can tell you it's plenty fast but very disconnecting and that makes me sad where cars are headed in the future. I'm pretty convinced that unless somehow something like the yaris gr or hyundai i20 N make it to our shores by miracle, the fiesta is the last of it's kind. No way a Gti or Veloster N would feel the same. The fact that it's also a very useable daily driver also makes it special, because I definitely can't say same for most other cars I've had in the past.

Last edited: