Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Few basic questions about getting a hybrid turbo install/tune

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Don't need to worry about that with the S280. It comes with a silicone elbow for the intake.
I've got an S280 kit waiting for install but didn't open the parts, didn't know that was the case. But now that I think about it makes sense since the S280 is a "regular" turbo and doesn't have the OEM mounting flange. Now that we are on the topic, is there a better/more practical intake than the Cobb CAI that pairs better with an S280?

I know any additional power mods Would require a tune adjustment. If theres ANYTHING im missing thats a must have please let me know now.

Mod list
Depo intercooler with upgraded hot and cold side piping
2jz catted downpipe
Cobb intake and rmm
Thermal exhaust

I plan I getting an upgraded bov and step down colder spark plugs installed same day as well

I plan on getting some other minor mods down the road but nothing power related. Upgraded radiator and lsd for example.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Youre gunna want that radiator ASAP.

OP
T
Thread Starter #24
Youre gunna want that radiator ASAP.
Ive heard that. Ive been running cobb ots stage 2 for 6 months with no issues. Even on our hottest days here its never breaks 100 and im usually no ac with the windows down anyway. Does turbo upgrade make it that much worse?

I also dont have freeways heres or traffic for long periods of sitting idle. [emoji847]

Ive heard that. Ive been running cobb ots stage 2 for 6 months with no issues. Even on our hottest days here its never breaks 100 and im usually no ac with the windows down anyway. Does turbo upgrade make it that much worse?

I also dont have freeways heres or traffic for long periods of sitting idle. [emoji847]
I've been having cooling issues down here in Prescott. Every time that I start climbing in elevation, I see temps upwards of 220* and it climbs quick! For example, yesterday I drove the car up to Jerome, AZ and had to back off as I got close to 7,000ft elevation as I hit 226* in 101* ambient heat. If you're planning on driving in any kind of 100* heat through elevation changes, I would definitely recommend an upgraded radiator, specifically the Mountune Triple Pass Radiator. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago directly from Mountune and it still hasn't shipped last I checked. More power means more heat! ;)

OP
T
Thread Starter #26
I've been having cooling issues down here in Prescott. Every time that I start climbing in elevation, I see temps upwards of 220* and it climbs quick! For example, yesterday I drove the car up to Jerome, AZ and had to back off as I got close to 7,000ft elevation as I hit 226* in 101* ambient heat. If you're planning on driving in any kind of 100* heat through elevation changes, I would definitely recommend an upgraded radiator, specifically the Mountune Triple Pass Radiator. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago directly from Mountune and it still hasn't shipped last I checked. More power means more heat! ;)
Its actually pretty reasonable. The other s280 thread broke my heart. It looks like ill be dealing with an 8+ week wait time so good chance ill get that as well

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Its actually pretty reasonable. The other s280 thread broke my heart. It looks like ill be dealing with an 8+ week wait time so good chance ill get that as well

I was pretty much 9 weeks to the day on my S280 kit.