Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Cat Back w/Inceased Performance while remaining Quiet?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well, on a positive note, I've already got a true 3" DP I wasn't using, so I suppose the Thermal R&D exhaust would put that to use. I just wish it was closer to stock sounding. It's nice being able to flog the car a little without drawing any unwanted attention. You never know who's listening and judging. The Thermal R&D may not have any drone but it still seems to be much louder than stock based on the youtube vids.
Its not loud enough to draw any attention from Cops. Oh and ya I have it on a Orange Spice car and they do not even look at the car anyways lol.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Well, on a positive note, I've already got a true 3" DP I wasn't using, so I suppose the Thermal R&D exhaust would put that to use. I just wish it was closer to stock sounding. It's nice being able to flog the car a little without drawing any unwanted attention. You never know who's listening and judging. The Thermal R&D may not have any drone but it still seems to be much louder than stock based on the youtube vids.
I'm not sure but I think the thermal comes set up to connect to the stock DP. If you're stock DP you should just stick with that + the thermal and sell the DP to recoup some money, making the thermal cheaper. You are gaining literally nothing except some extra noise using a 3" dp on a stock turbo'd FiST. If you want it to sound closer to stock, use the stock DP. The bigger DP is going to make it even louder and raspier.

Mikey456

Kind of a separate question... but if you commit to one cat back exhaust or another, isn’t it possible to have a muffler shop weld it in instead of having to tightened the clamps periodically, as the OP said?

Kind of a separate question... but if you commit to one cat back exhaust or another, isn’t it possible to have a muffler shop weld it in instead of having to tightened the clamps periodically, as the OP said?
Of course, but I wouldn't do it. Once its welded in you're stuck and you'll need a saws-all to remove it. It's not a big deal crawling under the car every once in a while. I can't go a month without getting under mine tracking down squeaks, changing a turbo, inspecting vacuum lines, etc.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Another option (expensive) is to have it v-banded. Since I swap exhaust systems so often and frequently go back to stock, I had mine v-banded where you would normally cut it to remove it. On a lift it takes 10-12 minutes to go back to stock. I have an MBRP on there right now while I do my nerd stuff figuring out the math for cancelling the drone and those (mbrp) clamps lick the big ones - I've had to realign the tips 3 times in like 8 days. I *think* I'll wind up cutting off the MBRP "Y" and just putting a dual tip on the back after it comes to rest where it wants to.

Last edited: