Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Mods Review - Which Mods Really Work

I want to thank everyone on the forum that helped me choose all of these mods. I put on one mod at a time to get a feel for each one and really to test the efficacy of each mod.

So first up I swapped the stock springs for Swift Springs. Obviously the car looked a lot better, but then I could really tell how narrow the wheels/tires were and I didn't like it at all. More on that later. The new springs felt great, maybe improved the handling just a bit, but not a game changer. The biggest result was the aesthetics.

Then I added the Pierce 6 Point Chassis Brace while waiting on my wheels and tires to come in. This thing is amazing! Completely eliminated the torque steer, pretty incredible. I also noticed that initial turn in was a bit sharper and experienced less body roll. I can't recommend this product enough, but the install was a PITA depending on how it lines up for you. Don't do the 2 or the 4, just go for the 6 point and you'll love it.

Then my wheels and tires came in. I went with Federal RS-R 215/40/17 tires and Rota Titan 17x8 wheels. THIS MOD was by far the most important. So much grip. I can actually floor it in 1st and 2nd without lighting up the tires. Turn in is sharper and the stiffer sidewalls on the tires keeps the car from rolling so much. Exit grip is dramatically improved as well. The other huge positive is of course the car looks SO much better. The wider stance completely changes everything and transforms the car from a cool hot hatch to a bulldog rally car. From the rear and the front it just looks so much more aggressive and stout.

Finally I installed a Pierce Rear Torsion Bar. It was an easy install and gave the car some awesome rear end rotation. If you push a turn super hard the back end will oversteer just a bit, which can easily be controlled with the throttle to straighten out.

I already have a drop in filter/RMM/Stratified Tune/FSWerks short shifter, which I've enjoyed over the last 9 months since buying the car. But holy sh*t the car has been completely transformed with these suspension/wheels/tire mods. I highly recommend anyone on stock wheels/tires to switch IMMEDIATELY and also get the Swift Springs. Your car will stick like hell and look 5x better. The Pierce Chassis Brace and Torsion Bar are a huge bonus if you want to significantly reduce understeer and body roll.

I have a Whoosh Intercooler on the way and an updated Stratified Tune. I don't think I'm going to go with a new turbo and all that. I just don't feel that the car really needs it. It handles better than my Cayman S at this point (seriously it does), but I don't really want to add a ton more power and not be able to put it down. Are there any other mods you guys would recommend that really make a big impact after I get the intercooler?

Thanks again to everyone for the help and I hope you guys out there looking into mods come across this post. You will not regret going down the same path I did.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice write up, crazy that you think the fiesta handles better than your cayman. That makes me happy to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Glad you’re happy with your mods that’s always good to hear.

Crazy as it seems considering all the stuff I’ve done, one of my favorite mods to this day that I still notice/think about every day is my padded armrest cover. Also the two motor mount inserts make quite a noticeable difference. Check my signature for other ideas but those two off the top of my head stand out and both are easy and cheap. Oh and my headlight LEDs are another quick cheap mod you notice often. And the short shifter mods...and.....and....

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Glad you’re happy with your mods that’s always good to hear.

Crazy as it seems considering all the stuff I’ve done, one of my favorite mods to this day that I still notice/think about every day is my padded armrest cover. Also the two motor mount inserts make quite a noticeable difference. Check my signature for other ideas but those two off the top of my head stand out and both are easy and cheap. Oh and my headlight LEDs are another quick cheap mod you notice often. And the short shifter mods...and.....and....
Which motor mount inserts do you recommend? Also, what about transmission mount inserts and which LEDs did you go with? Thanks for the info. I totally forgot that I also have the FSWerks short shifter, which I love.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Nice write up, crazy that you think the fiesta handles better than your cayman. That makes me happy to hear that.

Yea initial turn in is quicker, since the car is a lot lighter. I would say maximum grip at high speeds is probably about the same as the Cayman S, but below 60mph the Fiesta just grabs harder and rolls less.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Change the OEM Trans fluid out if you haven't already to the BG or Ravenol fluid....That was one mod I was really impressed with and immediately noticed when driving & the front 2 point brace. Oh and one more the Mountune shift adapter set at 30%..... it was nicely made and didn't fit together so-so like some others.[raceflag]

Mikey456

Enjoyed your write up. I have the swift springs with oem wheels/tires. Do u experience any fender/tire rub going to the 215/40/17 over the 205’s?

Thanks

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Enjoyed your write up. I have the swift springs with oem wheels/tires. Do u experience any fender/tire rub going to the 215/40/17 over the 205’s?

Thanks

No not even close. I actually really don't see how people rub even with a 45 sidewall unless it's a huge bump or something. I would also highly recommend the RS-R tires. You can get a set on ebay from Federal for around $350. They are seriously sticky and only a bit louder than stock. 18racing.com is where I got the Rota Titans. $699 shippped, killer deal. Do yourself a favor and upgrade immediately! Seriously you'll thank me once you put them on. I'll take some pics tomorrow and add them here.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Which motor mount inserts do you recommend? Also, what about transmission mount inserts and which LEDs did you go with? Thanks for the info. I totally forgot that I also have the FSWerks short shifter, which I love.
Here are the LEDs I got, plug and play, they're well made and have cooling fans and not too pricey:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1LTQ92/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for transmission mount I didn't use the insert, I have a custom one-off hybrid which I love. I'd recommend a mount swap too though.

I have Powerflex inserts for the front 2 mounts. Perfect balance between great feel and low added NVH. Search for "insert" and you'll find a ton of info on it. Here's my video review of them:

[video=youtube;asuqWkrIvs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuqWkrIvs0[/video]

You can find other reviews of Fiesta mods on my channel as well.

Jerickson88

I like that size on the stock wheel. Went from a 205/40 bridge stone to the 215/40 Federal Formoza Fd2, and while that was a great tire (and likely will buy another set later) I am having the RS-RR mounted today. I think k they were $370 a set. To me, upsizing the tire made a huge difference in behavior, in a positive way.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
I like that size on the stock wheel. Went from a 205/40 bridge stone to the 215/40 Federal Formoza Fd2, and while that was a great tire (and likely will buy another set later) I am having the RS-RR mounted today. I think k they were $370 a set. To me, upsizing the tire made a huge difference in behavior, in a positive way.
Yea I would highly recommend the wider wheels if you're able to. The stance on the car is totally different, but yea the 215 tires make a huge difference. Let me know how you like the RS-RRs. I wanted those, but read that some people experienced incredibly loud tire noise and it kind of scared me off of them. But then other people said it wasn't terrible. They also have the new RS-R Pros coming out any day now, but I'll just get those next time.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Here are the LEDs I got, plug and play, they're well made and have cooling fans and not too pricey:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1LTQ92/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for transmission mount I didn't use the insert, I have a custom one-off hybrid which I love. I'd recommend a mount swap too though.

I have Powerflex inserts for the front 2 mounts. Perfect balance between great feel and low added NVH. Search for "insert" and you'll find a ton of info on it. Here's my video review of them:

[video=youtube;asuqWkrIvs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuqWkrIvs0[/video]

You can find other reviews of Fiesta mods on my channel as well.
Great, thanks for the info. I just ordered the LEDs. As for the mount inserts I'll have to think about it. I'm sure it makes a difference, but it's another $150 and doesn't seem like a really quick job to do both.

Jerickson88

Yea I would highly recommend the wider wheels if you're able to. The stance on the car is totally different, but yea the 215 tires make a huge difference. Let me know how you like the RS-RRs. I wanted those, but read that some people experienced incredibly loud tire noise and it kind of scared me off of them. But then other people said it wasn't terrible. They also have the new RS-R Pros coming out any day now, but I'll just get those next time.
I'm not sure what I want to do for wheels. Really want a set of TD1.2's

These Federals are probably the last set I'll buy for the stock wheels. I have mud tires on my tahoe, so as far as road noise, I'm in the "bring it on" camp.