Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Rally Build: "Stage 1"

Howdy guys! I got about 80% of my "Stage 1" parts in and put on my car. My "Stage 1" parts consist of:

> Mountune Motor Mount
> Mountune Symposer Delete Kit
> TurboSmart Wastegate
> TurboSmart Blow-Off Valve
> Sparco Rally Mud Flaps

If you're interested, this is my 'overview' thread -- > http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5761-My-Rally-Fiesta-It-Starts

The first parts to come in where the Blow-Off Valve and my Wastegate.

The Blow off valve is pretty easy to install actually. I was going to make a How-To video, but Spool Tuning beat me to it. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU8CojCFPc0 ]

I followed the instruction and had no problems with the install. The only thing I would add to the video, is that if you take off the passenger tire, you can use a long extension and a slight pivot socket adapter to easily remove the three alen bolts holding the BFV on.

HERE IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE! -->[ https://www.dropbox.com/s/02fjgydo9mgzkla/1.6 blow off.mp3?dl=0 ] just audio, video wouldn't work. =( It also sounds better under load, not quite the same without resistance.

As for the Wastegate... well... I didn't put that on... YET! The instructions recommended tuning the car after the install, if not, the engine will run lean and possibly cause problems. Not to mention, its a pain in the ass to get to. I plan to put it on once I get an Intake, a larger Intercooler, and a tuner. There is a local shop near by that does tunes for pretty cheap. Or at least cheap for my needs.

---- Next to come in was my MounTune Roll Resistor and Symposer Delete Kit. ----

Both are very easy to install as well.

The Symposer is just a couple clips and relocating a hose. Having a pair of bent pliers helps tremendously, getting between the radiator and the engine leaves you little room to pinch the hose clamps. I removed the bottom hose clamp and pulled the whole assembly out of the bay. (makes it easier to work with) Then you simple pull the symposer off and add the block in its place.

I took it a bit further and removed the battery so that I could completely remove the left over hose. It connects near the battery and up next to the firewall. I removed the hose and stuffed part of a towel in the opening and sealed it with tape. Ghetto, but effective.

The MounTune Rear Motor Mount is a huge improvement, I highly recommend it to any FiST owner. It makes the car and shifting feel so much more stable. Having access to a left made the install easier for me, but it can also easily be done on jack stands.

CJ Pony Parts also beat me to this How-To video as well. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0cmckPyPg ] They used a COBB mount in the video, but the procedure is all the same. Follow the video and you should be all set.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Fies...ADlY9IYw5uJowJUqWqeYkNypUfxE17VIPRQlzYMSjyFXw

OP
Phoenix104
Thread Starter #2
So today I got home to find my Sparco Rally Mud Flaps waiting for me. =D

I was going to go with the Rally Armor mud flaps, but they are pretty expensive and not quiet the look I was going for. (Mostly price) These were $20 for a pair, and for mud flap that will likely get destroyed, that is a good deal.
[ http://www.gridsport.net/Sparco-Mud-Flaps_p_512.html ] <--- Where I bought them.

I tried to make a video, but it got chopped up weird (corrupted i guess?) and wasn't very usable. If y'all are interested, I can write up a How-To thread or something.

Anyway, i decided to drop them down a bit lower then normal to compensate for the shocks that I plan on buying... only problem is, I dropped them about a centimeter too low, so now two of them scrap. I'm not to worried, they will sand themselves down and besides, that was the whole point of buying $20 Sparco mud flaps, easily replaceable.

As it sits now, they are a bit cheeky to look at, but once I have my tires and suspension it will all make sense. =) I hope... haha

Great build, Sparco mudflaps look like a good cheap alternative to the RA ones, how hard was the install? Any idea of the suspension set up that you're looking at?

Nice! I was wondering if you knew whether or not the Turbosmart BOV/IWG caused the car to boost over the factory recommended PSI? You probably don't know (as you aren't running an accessport) but I figured I'd ask anyways.

I'm interested in the write up on the mud flaps, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the rally armour and these sparco ones would match my wheels.

OP
Phoenix104
Thread Starter #6
Great build, Sparco mudflaps look like a good cheap alternative to the RA ones, how hard was the install? Any idea of the suspension set up that you're looking at?
Thank you! They are pretty easy to install... if you are willing to drill into you plastics and covers. =/ I'll try and make a How-To video if i can get my video camera working again.

As for suspension, I'm going with 46mm mono tube Bilstein rally suspension, set up by Team O'Neil. =) I can't until I can afford them though, ~$3000. Also going to be running 15" steels with Michelin TZ rally tires.

Nice! I was wondering if you knew whether or not the Turbosmart BOV/IWG caused the car to boost over the factory recommended PSI? You probably don't know (as you aren't running an accessport) but I figured I'd ask anyways.
Not to sure =/ I plan to eventually put in a boost gauge, but I'll have it tuned by then so... yeah. =(

I'm interested in the write up on the mud flaps, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the rally armour and these sparco ones would match my wheels.
Yeah, they are much cheaper and much more... effective, then the RA. If you want a cleaner look, the RA is the way to go since they are made specifically for the Fiesta. RA uses pre-made holes, these universal Sparco's don't, so you'll have to make some.

Like I said, I'll try and make a How-To video if I can get my video camera working again. It would be much easier to show, then type.