Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Roadtrip: Blue Ridge Parkway

They say you should never waste a crisis. Bored of sitting at home and international travel impossible, we set off on a 20 day road trip. We visited lots of friends, saw SpaceX’s historic launch, and added another of the bucket list roads to the places my Fiesta has adventured - Highway 33, PCH, Sonora Gap, and now finally the Blue Ridge Parkway. I don't think there is a better car for this kind of fun.

Top Gear hated the road and abandoned it just minutes after starting, complaining about the slow speeds. But they brought supercars, we had my Fiesta ST; obviously the right choice. Sure there are 45 MPH speed limits, but doing 50 through the recommended 25 MPH turns, day after day… I couldn’t stop grinning. More importantly, the roads were pretty empty, but we never got passed by another car, even my girlfriend drove hard enough to make a few overtakes. It was days of some absolutely brilliant driving, astounding scenery, and a few pretty picnics.

Most of the time I want to lower her, and then I got on random adventures like this hour long gravel rock road:

Back at home, cleaned after much happy abuse:
DSCF5298.jpg

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, all of those on here who insist on slamming their cars to the ground have obviously NOT traveled down those type of bombed out, gravel roads, at all, ever (and probably never will). [wink] [thumb]

I'm glad to hear you had fun on the routes! Awesome road trip pics!

I love the blueridge parkway but have the bad luck of getting stuck behind city-dwellers and flatlanders doing 10-20mph under posted speeds (turns are scary and squirrels are sacred, ha!). There are some really fun routes that cross, or intersect, the blueridge mountains though. While they're only a few miles long, they're about the closest thing to a touge run in NOVA. About 1,500' elevation change up and back down, smooth switchbacks, and no intersections (other then blueridge). The downside is that there are lots of wild animals and police. Ha, I almost bagged a bear coming around a blind corner with my last car (with the roof down), very sketchy.

I saw that thong also, looked rather tidy. Also saw a beach and I just do not remember any beaches on the parts of the Blue Ridge I've driven. BTW have a sister who lives in Lexington, VA and it's pretty much a stones throw to be on the Blue Ridge.

SPhilli911

Awesome, great photos too. I am itching for a road trip myself. Prior to the pandemic I had planned a cross country thing this year, but it's not wise for me to take so much time off work and spend too much money at this time. But man do those photos make me think differently...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm REALLY gonna miss going to upper New England this summer, since NEFR was cancelled. [:(]
Even late October's ESPR was cancelled, even though it is lower upstate NY, not New England.