Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

• 16-24 years

Votes: 267 17.1%
  • 25-34 years

Votes: 632 40.4%
  • 35-44 years

Votes: 357 22.8%
  • 45-54 years

Votes: 163 10.4%
  • 55-64 years

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • 65 years and over

Votes: 34 2.2%

• Total voters
Even if I did have the coin for the uppity Teuton cars, I would avoid them, even the ones I actually like, and respect, A LOT (M2, TT RS, etc.), since I cannot stand the 'status show', and they are a dime a dozen around here, since in this area everyone must drive a 'rolling Rolex' to prove their wealth, even if they are not actually enthusiasts. [nono] [thumbdown]
I've got to admit, there are times when I kind of wish I had a more well-known sports car, because it'd be nice to have the occasional thumbs up from a regular person or a date. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ But I know what I have, and I know how much fun it is and what an incredible value it is.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've got to admit, there are times when I kind of wish I had a more well-known sports car, because it'd be nice to have the occasional thumbs up from a regular person or a date. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ But I know what I have, and I know how much fun it is and what an incredible value it is.
I actually do get some compliments on this car from the very few, NOT snooty or compulsively status seeking/showing, 'regular' people around here.

This impresses me about the car since they do not even know "what it is", and just reaffirms it's relative rarity to me, and that it is not just a common, well known, 'populist' type 'go to' ride. [thumb] [:)]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Took me 2 years of saving up but I finally bought the car I wanted, A FiST at age 18

Every time I meet an adult they always ask if my parents bought me the car,
for some reason no body believes a teenager my age can afford a car like this.. It's called saving your money :D

Time for Big boy pants....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SPhilli911

Took me 2 years of saving up but I finally bought the car I wanted, A FiST at age 18

Every time I meet an adult they always ask if my parents bought me the car,
for some reason no body believes a teenager my age can afford a car like this.. It's called saving your money :D
Congrats! When I was 18 I had to save up to pay for school, so a nice car at that age was not possible. Not to mention, my job during my late teen years was part-time retail BS, I couldn't save significant money if I wanted to. :LOL:

But my graduation gift to myself was a Subaru STI when I was 23, so not far off. 32 now and I still can't save money! But I own my Fiesta and I am happy. :cool:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'll be joining the top (2.3%) bracket in a couple of days. This is one of the most fun cars I've ever had.
I think Ford thought it would be a young enthusiast's car, and they would start with that and then move up to more expensive cars. They made it so good though, that most of us have felt like we are happy right here, we don't need anything more "upscale."
It never occurred to me not to get the car because it might be considered a young guy's car. I just thought I would like it, and it has exceeded my expectations. After owning a number of cars throughout my lifetime, I know what I like and I'm less likely to second-guess myself and think I need something different.
It was funny, my local Facebook ST group had an age pool, and I was the oldest person in that by about 25 years, and definitely the only one getting Social Security.

Last edited:
Just turned 69 and I love the hell out of my black β€˜19 ST. I particularly enjoy blowing people away in handling and acceleration on the freeway. It fools a-lot of people for sure. I keep it clean - it only has 5K miles on it. It stays covered until I feel the need.

People of my age always feel compelled to ask me why I drive β€˜a kids car’ I have to squeeze in and out of (due to the Recaros). Well, to me its simple: its a kick in the pants to drive and I better 26 MPG to boot in combined driving. Reminds me of the old Lotus Elan the way it handles. I get a charge of adrenaline from driving it. People are always amazed at it when they see it in its element blowing cars away in the freeway shuffle.

Ford produced a well-balanced fun car that is mature in its engineering and build . What’s not to like?

Even though I’m in an β€œ older β€œ group , my FIST is in good company with my Cali bug .
That one was done to be looker too .... lol. Never was a mustang or camaro guy , you see too many and they all look the same . One of the reasons I jumped on the FIST , from the time I got to test drive it , I loved it. No stupid challengers and SRT crap that is on every street.

Almost pulled the trigger on an RS , but liked this one more.

A9569846-8A1B-4CD5-878E-1B3F8CB12BE3.jpeg 3767BBFF-F73D-4ED8-8761-1C33AFC6D992.jpeg

pixelzombie

Just turned 69 and I love the hell out of my black β€˜19 ST. I particularly enjoy blowing people away in handling and acceleration on the freeway. It fools a-lot of people for sure. I keep it clean - it only has 5K miles on it. It stays covered until I feel the need.

People of my age always feel compelled to ask me why I drive β€˜a kids car’ I have to squeeze in and out of (due to the Recaros). Well, to me its simple: its a kick in the pants to drive and I better 26 MPG to boot in combined driving. Reminds me of the old Lotus Elan the way it handles. I get a charge of adrenaline from driving it. People are always amazed at it when they see it in its element blowing cars away in the freeway shuffle.

Ford produced a well-balanced fun car that is mature in its engineering and build . What’s not to like?
Couldn't agree more, this car is so much fun to drive. I take it you have some serious mods to only be getting 26 mpg.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Don't even answer them, true "drivers" need no explanations. My wife and I are your age, she drives a Coyote Mustang GT/CS and I have my FiST with the MP-215. I opted out on the Recaro's, did not like them in a FiST. Wife's friends have no clue why she would buy a car like that. We love both cars, took FiST on 4K mile vacation drive this year, got 36 mpg avg, love that car. Last year did 3500 mile trip in GT/CS and got 24 mpg running it hard when we could, also love that car. Cops see a balding old man with pipe in mouth driving a tiny FiST speeding a little and ignore me. The FiST is a great "Q" ship. Like you I love unsuspecting idiot drivers wondering how a lowly Fiesta just blew their doors off. My wife's Kona Blue car will get white Shelby stripes soon in her rumble mobile as we call it, with the variable exhaust in the LOUD mode she is anything but invisible but cops look at the "little ole lady" and ignore her mild speeding. She has her dream muscle car she could not afford in 1969 and I have another tiny white car like my first, a 1959 Fiat 500D that even then wanted to be an Abarth. But the FiST has 180 more HP. And my wife loves that all 3 of her 2 adult sons and daughter are too intimidated by just the sound of her car and are afraid to drive it. Life is good for us as the cars today are light years away from 1969 and much faster. Hard to find an "ole time" (66 to 71) muscle car to keep up with a Coyote. Don't try to juice my wife at a red light, the Pasadena little old lady come out. She will not be taken at a red light. Both of these Fords induce the highest Smile Per Gallon ever. BTW, my fav Lotus was a BRG Europa, not that I had one....

^^^ Ahhhh, the Lotus. Not to hijack this thread, I got my first ride in one in 1968 while in high school. Completely transformed my concept of motoring. My school colleagues all drove European sports cars. I never was bitten by the 1/4 mile car bug. I started with an old β€˜59 PV544 Volvo and never looked back. Girls loved that damned car for some odd reason. My first brand new car, an β€˜81 Turbo Volvo with suspension and performance mods, now sits in retirement in my garage since the arrival of the ST.

To get back on topic, my sons (three) bought me this car for putting them all through college. Was blown away to say the least. Driving it takes on proportions of another level every time I get behind the wheel.

Again, a kick-ass car...oh, and to the question, no, it is bone stock. On the open road, I get 34-35. Hot rodding on the freeway and cruising in the city is where it gets 26-ish (depending on the mix).

club968

Even though I’m in an β€œ older β€œ group , my FIST is in good company with my Cali bug .
That one was done to be looker too .... lol. Never was a mustang or camaro guy , you see too many and they all look the same . One of the reasons I jumped on the FIST , from the time I got to test drive it , I loved it. No stupid challengers and SRT crap that is on every street.

Almost pulled the trigger on an RS , but liked this one more.

View attachment 36478 View attachment 36482
I know what you mean. The fiesta is so much fun to drive. I did pull the trigger on an RS and a GT350R, but the car I drive most of the time is my 2017 fiesta st.

55 here but I feel and act 30. Big into bicycling since retiring from the Army many moons ago, it keeps me fit (Physically AND mentally, lol). I have always been into cars and have built several hot rods from the frame up. I thinned the herd and just kept one, a 67 that’s a high winding monster. The FiST was a total departure for me. I was looking for a fun, sporty, easy to mod commuter instead of piling the miles on my F150 SuperCrew dailying it with just me in it. Research led me to the ST and man, I do enjoy this car!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
55 here but I feel and act 30. Big into bicycling since retiring from the Army many moons ago, it keeps me fit (Physically AND mentally, lol). I have always been into cars and have built several hot rods from the frame up. I thinned the herd and just kept one, a 67 that’s a high winding monster. The FiST was a total departure for me. I was looking for a fun, sporty, easy to mod commuter instead of piling the miles on my F150 SuperCrew dailying it with just me in it. Research led me to the ST and man, I do enjoy this car!
I've said it before, but when this car came out, I knew it would be my next car. A gymnast on a road full of linebackers.
It has its flaws, but at its heart, it's just a girl who wants to have fun, and she's lots of fun. The fact that she's also reliable and gets decent mileage makes her a keeper.