Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta st coil pack upgrades

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Better picture of the machined v1 coil pack hold downs. May make some changes later on and add a logo may now not [emoji28]
Could powder coat the hold down brackets...make look alittle more snazzy!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Thread Starter #44
Could powder coat the hold down brackets...make look alittle more snazzy!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Your right! i actually have a powder-coat guy as well so thats also a possibility! Im just happy the hold downs are done my cars been down for like three weeks because i put the stock coils back on it to move it out of the shop and since they wont light off the e85 im ready to get the other coils back on and go beat the crap out of it πŸ˜‚ ill pick the holddowns up this comming saturday put it back together and go beat on it!

OP
Thread Starter #45
Picked up the first batch of coil pack hold downs πŸ€™ few sets will going off to powdercoat for the test vehicles then on to testing! Also may have the hold downs anodized in the future. Well see how it goes with testing and demand for coil upgrades πŸ€™πŸ”₯

Attachments

OP
Thread Starter #47
Finally installed the V1 coil hold downs on my car. Awesome fitment and i think they turned out great! Went wrinkle red on my car πŸ˜… maybe should have did solid red to match the cpe intake but it works and was simpler to have my powdercoater do multiple sets wrinkle red

Attachments

OP
Thread Starter #48
Update : Coil testing is still in progress. Results so far are promising i have a few sets out in the wild now starting to rack up some mileage! In other news had the fiesta back on the dyno a few weeks ago then had the car at mason dixon dragway.. something noteable i figured out is i seemed to max out on the airflow limit of the cpe dry flow air filter. Car made a real decent number but was acting like it was out of turbo and falling off above 6800ish rpm on the dyno. After banging my head agiasnt the wall for several hours i ended up changing the air filter with a big k&n oiled filter and eliminating the cpe air box completely (airbox wasnt a restriction running lid off made no change the filter itself was the issue) i also dm’d cpe to see if they could send me a better flowing oiled filter to fit the box but they never responded πŸ™„ so back to the dyno agian here in a few weeks for another round of testing. Also throwing a bnr 3071 on the ecoboost swapped svt this weekend so ill be dynoing it as well and doing some stock fuel system testing before swapping the xdi pump on it as well.. some other detail with the new Airfilter setup and some spool hacks ive got the xona rotor 5451s (turbo is similarity sized to a gtx3071) and wor fab kit spooling up 20psi at 3700rpm and 27psi at 4000rpm ☠️ This is with a 0.64 hotside housing and me also keeping it limited. Im not trying to throw a rod out the side of the block so this is really all the further i feel comfortable pushing the lower rpm boost i do have some logs of 20psi at 3650 rpm and im pretty confident i could still gain a bit and also get it into the 30psi range at 4000rpm if i really wanted to. But like I mentioned im not trying to break this thing just yet πŸ˜… for a big laggy turbo it lights off pretty damn good πŸ₯΄ 3rd gear traction is useless with a lsd and 595rsrr’s. Spool log attached column D boost pressure column G rpm 474FD170-FDF3-4999-90F1-BCECF66B9DFB.jpeg

Attachments