Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST constant misfire symptoms , rough idle and sporadic limp mode - P006A:64-6C P0106:64-2F P1060:64-2E P00CF:62-6C

I checked the intake manifold bolts today and they are tight. Will give the exhaust manifold bolts a try tomorrow and maybe give the upstream oxygen sensor a clean and just see if anything changes. The downstream one was replaced a few months back.

It's currently showing a P0106 which as far as I know is a low pressure in the intake manifold.. Tested the PCV fittings yesterday and they seem to be all good from what I can tell..

Was supposed to be a video. I uploaded to YouTube. The BARO volts and PSI stay at those numbers even if I rev the engine. Is this normal? I'm sure they should change like the other numbers at least...

View: https://youtu.be/Vi2IZe2KJDk

Last edited:

PaulL

Had this exact issue over the past week, about 500 miles after having my X48R fitted.
Absolute pain, went from feeling like the throttle was sticking a little bit to juddering violently, like a learner driver mashing the throttle on and off in 1st gear.
Got to the point where it was dying after running from anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute.

I'd had a Forge recirc valve fitted with the turbo, first code that came up was this - P0039 :73 - Actuator stuck closed
IMG_4966.jpg

Took the recirc off, valve inside was a bit sticky but looked alright to me, sent it back to the tuner who checked, pressure tested and re-greased it, valve was all good.
Put it back on the car, same issue and code...
Got my stock valve posted back to me and put it on the car.

Seemed fine for a few minutes, then the juddering and rough running came back.
After a few minutes attempting to get the car back home, it went into a sort of limp mode, spanner came up and it ran a lot better!
Felt like it had about 50hp but at least I could actually drive it.
Checked the codes and had this - P00CF :62 - Signal compare failure

IMG_5102.jpg

Did a pull on the way back and it had mad turbo flutter which sounded cool but clearly showed the bov was doing sod all - video
The chance of both valves dying is about 0%, so must be an electrical issue.

Back under the car we went :)
Spent a good while checking all the wires going to the valve actuator, no visible issues.

What solved it for me was a £7 can of WD contact cleaner, plug onto the valve didn't look too bad but it was a bit dusty, gave both sides of the connector a good few couple of long sprays.
My tuner also told me to check the sensor plug on the coldside boost pipe just behind the bumper on the gearbox side, believe it's post intercooler.
That one was really really gunky, gave it a good cleanout.

Plugged them back in, cleared the codes and the car is back running perfectly!
I can only assume the issue has showed up now as the plug for the valve had been unplugged and replugged as it had a new valve, same for the boost pipes as I had bigger pipes installed - and they didn't quite contact the pins correctly.

Best of luck fixing yours (y)

Last edited:

lummox

Hi guys. My car has been doing this since I got it back in July. I rang the dealer yesterday to see if they’ll do anything. It went into limp mode yesterday and the Tacho stopped working and the traction light came on and it lost half its power. It started off with an intermittent stutter, but now it’s getting worse. I love this car but I hate the fact that it does this.

Hi guys. My car has been doing this since I got it back in July. I rang the dealer yesterday to see if they’ll do anything. It went into limp mode yesterday and the Tacho stopped working and the traction light came on and it lost half its power. It started off with an intermittent stutter, but now it’s getting worse. I love this car but I hate the fact that it does this.
It's driving me insane... I almost think mine is electrical because when I get the Acc pedal code I also get the code for the clutch pedal.. But when I get the P00CF I get it sometimes with the above two codes and sometimes on it's own and recently been getting the HVAC (air conditioning) code also.. My Acc pedal could be causing the P00CF..

Hopefully you get your's sorted out! Mine goes into limp mode too..

Have you got forscan? Try a reset of all in the service menu, the icon with the spanner.. Clear codes and see what comes back..

Cleaned throttle body, didn't seem very dirty at all. I just used WD-40 as I had nothing else. Photos are after I cleaned it. Made no difference to my problem.

IMG_20231018_125631.jpg IMG_20231018_125602.jpg

I also removed the throttle pedal and managed to take it apart but it's the type where a small copper/brass insert passes over plastic and there must be a circuit board on the other side that reads it's poison so nothing to clean.. From what I could see the circuit board part was too hard to remove.

I also removed the crossover pipe and coil packs ect to check the HPFP high pressure fuel lines, bit of oil in around the first 3 cylinders which I think may be a leaking tappet cover gasket, checked all bolts. Tried to get heat shield off exhaust manifold but gave up as the threads are too tight.

Too hard to check the injector seals without removing the fuel rail.. Everything seemed to look ok.

Only thing I can think of doing next is replacing the other oxygen sensor, the one closest to the engine.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
There are people that swear the answer to every problem not happening with the 1.6L GTDI is, cleaning off the tiniest most insignificant bit of build up from the intake valves. 😜

Yeah I'll run some valve clean through it today.. I'm putting it down to either carboned up valves and or vacuum leak.. hopefully or the engine is fkd..

If you are getting P0106 code it automatically go into limp mode, it is usually the MAP sensor. Check out the MAP sensor, connector, and voltage test it to make sure it is working properly. Sometime you need to reset the ECU after any fix to reset the data.