Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spork1569

I've got the Torque ones for my Thermal. Be warned they are shorter than OEM and I had to leave the rearmost OEM hanger in place to avoid bumper melting as the tips were touching the bumper with the torque one
I have the powerflex and they were still too short for my Mountune exhaust too. They looked about the same height as the stock hangars but maybe catbacks just aren't meant to sit well on the first try?

Guys. Which exhaust hangers do you recommend to avoid any issues? And how many pieces?
I bought three Cobb hangers and I haven't had any issues with my Thermal exhaust. Unfortunately though, I do still have one stock hanger where the downpipe and exhaust meet.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I used all stock hangers on my cp-e without issue. Am I the only one who uses the stock ones?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I used all stock hangers on my cp-e without issue. Am I the only one who uses the stock ones?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I think they're good right up until they aren't. I knew mine were a little floppy and weak with just 8000ish miles on it, the stock exhaust was starting to sag a bit. After swapping out the hangers the stock hung perfect and stocked wobbling around. I tried to reuse stock exhaust hangers on my aftermarket exhaust and it was swinging around too much and banging on the mid chassis brace. New hangers, it was great.

Just ordered a flowmaster thunder series for my 18’ FIST.

Anyone here running one now?
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered a flowmaster thunder series for my 18’ FIST.

Anyone here running one now?
Thoughts?

Yup, I have it.
Fit great, comes with urethane exhaust hangers, nice looking tips, just wish they didn't have flow master stamped on them. Its pretty loud, much louder than I expected. Mellows out a bit after a few hundred miles, or I got used to it. Zero drone though. Over-all I'm very happy with it, especially for the price

Yup, I have it.
Fit great, comes with urethane exhaust hangers, nice looking tips, just wish they didn't have flow master stamped on them. Its pretty loud, much louder than I expected. Mellows out a bit after a few hundred miles, or I got used to it. Zero drone though. Over-all I'm very happy with it, especially for the price
Awesome I can’t wait to get it!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Guys, I do not know if it is necessary or not, but I decided to do a ceramic coating (I guess i use the correct term). I follow MilanMistracci Youtube video.

I Had done it on my Thermal and so did MRX330...good call! Excellent idea!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There were 2 aspects of why I went with Cerakote. The first is to keep the heat in the manifold, hot side of the turbo and the down pipe. This helps spool and keep heat out of the engine bay. The Thermal exhaust was Cerakoted with a different compound. It is not same 2000 deg coating used on the engine parts. It’s more of a protection coating but still aids in keeping the heat moving downstream.
Race coating technology isn’t new but it has been steadily improving over the years. There are myriad uses for it in and around the engine: ie heat insulating, heat shielding, oil shedding. It works and the horsepower gains are tangible.
If anyone decides to go with a fresh short block and head, talk to someone about race coating before assembly.

Has anyone installed an X-force Varez muffler on their Fiesta? I'm leaning towards a custom exhaust. Just got my catted downpipe and i'm looking to get 2.5in tubing to a varex muffler at the end. I'm unsure about which one to get that will fit in the OE position. I'm thinking oval with side motor. Anyone has a similar setup?
Did you ever go with the Varex muffler? I'm super curious to know how this sounds/works on the FiST.