Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FIESTA ST LOSING TO EVERYTHING -_-

Okay so i know the fiesta isnt meant to drag race or race in a straight line in general but... and hear me out ... i think after doing full boltons and running an e30 tune i should ATLEAST beat an accord ... my cousin just bought a brand new civic si 10th gen (1.5t) completely stock and i cant even begin to pull away from him ... HOW SWAY ?!?! i live in colorado so yes im a mile high but that means the cars im driving with are too so i dont get it ive seen people talk about hanging doors with v6's and smoking accords and wrx's but to me it sounds impossible im upgrading to whooshs hybrid turbo soon then getting it dyno tuned because at this point im convinced flash tunes just dont do the trick at 5000ft elevation... thoughts?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Okay so i know the fiesta isnt meant to drag race or race in a straight line in general but... and hear me out ... i think after doing full boltons and running an e30 tune i should ATLEAST beat an accord ... my cousin just bought a brand new civic si 10th gen (1.5t) completely stock and i cant even begin to pull away from him ... HOW SWAY ?!?! i live in colorado so yes im a mile high but that means the cars im driving with are too so i dont get it ive seen people talk about hanging doors with v6's and smoking accords and wrx's but to me it sounds impossible im upgrading to whooshs hybrid turbo soon then getting it dyno tuned because at this point im convinced flash tunes just dont do the trick at 5000ft elevation... thoughts?
Move out of Colorado.....the elevation screws your pooch.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yep, tiny torque turbo, don't need any bolt ons to max out the stock turbo with e30. Personally I find ethanol tunes fast enough for me but you'll definitely be happier with a hybrid for sure.

I agree with @TyphoonFiST, elevation is robbing you more than you may realize. You can have the all the bolt ons and parts in the world, but if you’re not feeding enough oxygen you’re not gonna see great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Eddie0513
Thread Starter #5
dam i was afraid of that but doesnt the same cars im trying to keep up with lose just as much as me? i seem to lose the most at this point figuratively and literally... will the hybrid turbo even make it to 300whp up here on e30 ? im afraid all the money is going to a lost cause at this point .. it frustrating to say the least

dam i was afraid of that but doesnt the same cars im trying to keep up with lose just as much as me? i seem to lose the most at this point figuratively and literally... will the hybrid turbo even make it to 300whp up here on e30 ? im afraid all the money is going to a lost cause at this point .. it frustrating to say the least
Where you’re in a losing fight with them is displacement. A better turbo will help because your pushing a higher volume of air and E will allow you to run more timing. For comparison, on my E30 tune at redline I hit about 17* timing. Compared to around 11 on 93. Granted those are flash times from dizzy but you see what I’m saying? As far what you can push max at your elevation with a hybrid I can’t say. Someone with more experience in this platform can chime in with that.

If you bought the car to be a straight line demon, you may have chosen the wrong car. Where this car shines for me is quick spool and curvy roads. I can only guess on what my whp is but I don’t really care l, it feels fun, pulls good to me and if someone wants to brag about beating a stock turbo 1.6L, who really cares you know?

OP
Eddie0513
Thread Starter #8
If you bought the car to be a straight line demon, you may have chosen the wrong car. Where this car shines for me is quick spool and curvy roads. I can only guess on what my whp is but I don’t really care l, it feels fun, pulls good to me and if someone wants to brag about beating a stock turbo 1.6L, who really cares you know?

Yeah your 100% right i mean to me in the car it feels perfect but it does hurt my feels a little bit when i lose to an accord and they know my car has money put into it .... i deff didnt buy it for a straight line but i was just hoping to atleast keep up after some mods .. im sure the new turbo will help alot more but yeah i hate this elevation thing it really keeps me from seeing what the car is supposed to do

Yeah your 100% right i mean to me in the car it feels perfect but it does hurt my feels a little bit when i lose to an accord and they know my car has money put into it .... i deff didnt buy it for a straight line but i was just hoping to atleast keep up after some mods .. im sure the new turbo will help alot more but yeah i hate this elevation thing it really keeps me from seeing what the car is supposed to do
What mods/tune are you running now?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would suggest you watch the Dyno results from Cobb when they did different mods / tunes, so you can see how the power increases based on the set up. You will notice the torque increases significantly, horsepower goes up as well but not nearly as much as the torque. Obviously at higher elevation you will lose power but so does everybody else. These engines can make a ton of torque, but horsepower is what allows you to pull away from people at higher RPM.

Also when you say you lost to a Honda Accord what engine did it have was it the new 2.0 turbo or the V6?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

If you’re not running an ap with at least a flash tune you’re not fully experiencing the fun you can have with this car. Night and day over stock and ots maps

No way is a stock 10th gen SI beating you. After having a FiST then having two 10th gen SI's, and coming back to the FiST - the Fiesta definitely feels faster to me. The only thing that I felt the SI had going for it was the LSD, which helped for cornering mostly since the stock all seasons were absolutely terrible for straight line acceleration but weren't too bad when cornering hard. The SI stock also has the clutch delay valve causing it to slow down quite a bit between shifts. Granted I havent taken either car to the track to get proper times and I did like the SI but I liked the FiST better.

OP
Eddie0513
Thread Starter #14
What mods/tune are you running now?

i have a drop in filter, whoosh catless dp, mbrp 3'' exhaust, boomba bov, whoosh intercooler, one step colder plugs and im tuned by dizzy on both 91 and e30 ... and yes im turning esc off .. the accord has a v6 i was just expecting to atleast keep up and not lose by two cars and also i never in a million years thought id lose to my cousins si it has a smaller engine AND ITS STOCK .... ive checked for boost leaks ive tried tunes from both stratified and mountune also to no success.. i have no idea whats going on at this point

i have a drop in filter, whoosh catless dp, mbrp 3'' exhaust, boomba bov, whoosh intercooler, one step colder plugs and im tuned by dizzy on both 91 and e30 ... and yes im turning esc off .. the accord has a v6 i was just expecting to atleast keep up and not lose by two cars and also i never in a million years thought id lose to my cousins si it has a smaller engine AND ITS STOCK .... ive checked for boost leaks ive tried tunes from both stratified and mountune also to no success.. i have no idea whats going on at this point
From a dig or a roll?

OP
Eddie0513
Thread Starter #18
This is why I went with a BT....Roll racing is fun.....just reels them in and smile as I go by.....

i would go BT but our fuel system maxes out at around 300hp and i dont wanna spend even more on aux fuel... as it is it seems everything ive done so far has been almost pointless lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i would go BT but our fuel system maxes out at around 300hp and i dont wanna spend even more on aux fuel... as it is it seems everything ive done so far has been almost pointless lol
They come up forsale....Throttle body single port Aux fuel and 4 port injection Aux.....you have to be quick though on pulling the trigger!

Dib

That's weird. i'm constantly racing my buddy in his 2015 wrx and i pull on him through 3rd gear every time. I just have the cobb bolt-ons tuned on 91, 11lb 15in rims, and slight weight reduction . I haven't raced him on my e30tune. but on e30 t i ran a 13.9X. so maybe you need a driver mod? I do find that short shifting the 1-2 before 6k (~5600) allows the car to stay higher in boost and there's no cut feeling from flat-shifting. then hit 2-3-4 right at 6k. The powerband is so low, you go slower if you try to hit redline. I haven't raced a 10th SI, would love to though, i'm certain i could drag one of them.