Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Here's a question: The Whoosh Koni STR.T (Orange) Front Shock, do they have to have the lower springs combined with them, or can they just straight up replace the OEM shocks and maintain the same ride height?

ROCKYFiestta

anybody on here running the Part# M-FR3-FA setup I am due to replace shocks and may as well do the springs. I really don't want to do a big drop which is why I am considering this setup ( I drive on dirt roads to get home). any input on this?? also when I checked it out on a vendor it says fiesta so I am also wondering if this is a fist upgrade or is it meant to go in the regular non st fist??

kevinatfms

anybody on here running the Part# M-FR3-FA setup I am due to replace shocks and may as well do the springs. I really don't want to do a big drop which is why I am considering this setup ( I drive on dirt roads to get home). any input on this?? also when I checked it out on a vendor it says fiesta so I am also wondering if this is a fist upgrade or is it meant to go in the regular non st fist??
Its the european Fiesta suspension kit which lowers non-ST Fiesta models. I would not buy it for an ST.

Stick with the stock springs and get a better damper like the Koni Sport or Bilstein B6.

PaulyST

ST Suspensions *LINEAR* lowering spring details including EU purchase options

After reading this valuable thread (thank you all for contributing) I've concluded I want LINEAR lowering springs with two options available for our cars:

1. US$315 Swift Spec-R (drop: 1.1" fr, 1.0" rr) (spring rate: 212 lbs. fr, 212 lbs. rr)

2. US$245 ST Sport-tech (drop: 30mm fr, 15mm rr) (spring rate: 245lbs. fr, 250lbs. rr ) [SKU: 65824]

Being in US, whoosh want US$130 for AUS shipping, making them nearly twice more than locally available whiteline progressive springs.

Q: Can I get LINEAR springs for lower base cost and/or shipping cost? Yes, answer is below.

How's the drop look like? ST Suspensions springs Fiesta ST owner posts copied below:

@FiestaSexyTime wrote here:
and finally, what you've all been waiting for:
D-D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE FIST *DUBSTEBNOISES*

@koozy wrote here:
ST Springs w/Bilstein B8's

IMG-1067-1200.jpg
IMG-1063-R.jpg

@bustervic wrote here:
Ron set me up with some ST springs. I'm very happy. Not harsh or bouncy and feels very planted.
Don't overlook these.

@koozy wrote here:
From here : Drop is 1.2" Front, .6" Rear. There's a slight rake. Here's a photo taken a few minutes ago.
Koozy_st.jpg

I?m extremely happy with the ST springs. It?s been several months now and everything is still solid on OE shocks. No weird noises or anything. The ride is more composed and not to sound clich?, but it is literally on rails and a real hoot to drive. I enjoy creeping up on exotics and other cars that are viewed out of the Fiesta ST?s league in the local canyons near me like Mulholland Drive, Mulholland Hwy, and Angeles Crest Hwy to name a few and they can?t shake me. I'm like that nat that keeps buzzing around, LOL. I've also been strictly running E40 tunes for several months and thousands of miles now. The combination of the handling capability of the ST and torque with the E40 tune is powerful that often times I can overpower and have to let off in the twisty stuff. It?s a hoot to see their reactions with a, LOL. I wanted a more handling performance oriented spring set and these have suited well thus far. At some point I may add Koni?s or move on to coilovers, but I?m happy with things right now. The ST spring rates are higher than most other spring offerings. The front are 245lbs and rear 250lbs. OE Front is 172lbs, Rear 137lbs.

€142 ST Suspensions 20mm/20mm linear lowering springs for Fiesta ST [SKU: 28230047]

From the ST Suspensions application list we find their Fiesta lowering springs, captured below:

ST_lowering_springs_specs.png

[SKU: 28230047] is more affordable than the US springs

Are the EU and US ST Suspensions springs the same? Let's compare with pictures

From here is the only real pic of the EU ST Suspensions springs [SKU: 28230047] I could find, copied below:

ST_springs.jpg

Front (130047 33V14) and rear (28074 23V14) part numbers match what @koozy posted of his US springs [SKU: 65824] here, copied below. So these matching springs can be sourced from Europe for significantly less for countries like AUS.

Endorsed by @ron@whoosh from whoosh-motorsports

From here:
but from customer feedback

handling - Swift all the way with a really good stance
best drop - H&R Super Sports
best overall ride and drop with a great price - Eibach

the forgotten stepchild that probably doesn't get enough credit but should be more widely known - ST Suspensions

Where to buy these from Europe? Both of these accept PAYPAL payment.

1. €128 (excl USt/VAT) + €59 shipping to Australia from the following link. Half what the Swifts cost to get to me.

https://www.mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de/ST-Tieferlegungsfedern-fuer-FORD-FIESTA-VI-16-ST-28230047

2. €144 (doesn't deduct USt/VAT) + €59 shipping to Australia from the following link.

https://www.tunershop.de/shop/st-tieferlegungsfedern-28230047-fuer-ford-fiesta.html

I've ordered these from Germany. They are getting restocked on April-7th. Tunershop are quoting a 6-8 day UPS shipping ETA to Australia. mk-fahrwerkstechnik quote 40 days DHL Paket shipping.

Last edited:

PaulyST

Another **LINEAR** lowering spring option - AP 20mm/20mm linear springs with lower compression rate

AP emailed me: These springs are linear but can look progressive. F: 21,7 N/mm (192lbs), R: 20,1 N/mm (178lbs). These springs have the same part no. endings [as ST suspension springs] because they have the same dimensions. The supplier of the springs is different, so is the spring a bit different too.

Springs are listed as 30mm/30mm drop for non-ST models. Our FiST's have 10mm lower springs so the net is 20mm/20mm drop. The spring rate is lower than that of Swift and ST Suspensions.

1. €94 (excl USt/VAT) + €59 shipping to Australia from the following link.

https://www.mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de/AP-Tieferlegungsfedern-fuer-FORD-FIESTA-VI-16-TDCi-FS30-047

2. €116 (doesn't deduct USt/VAT) + €59 shipping to Australia from the following link.

https://www.tunershop.de/shop/ap-tieferlegungsfedern-fs30-047-fuer-ford-fiesta.html

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Approximately less than a half inch drop is not bad for those AP springs, and I could possibly live with that much lowering (if paired with B6es).
(Unlike everyone else, I want the LEAST amount of lowering I can get out of high linear rate springs. [wink])

But those spring rates are just barely more than the older model factory spring rates, and I would need more than that (even the Swifts could be a higher rate for my tastes, but then they would not 'pair' with the factory dampers as well, if at all). [:(]

PaulyST

^^^Approximately less than a half inch drop is not bad for those AP springs, and I could possibly live with that much lowering (if paired with B6es).
(Unlike everyone else, I want the LEAST amount of lowering I can get out of high linear rate springs. [wink])

But those spring rates are just barely more than the older model factory spring rates, and I would need more than that (even the Swifts could be a higher rate for my tastes, but then they would not 'pair' with the factory dampers as well, if at all). [:(]
The answer then is the ST Suspension springs with their 20mm/20mm lowering and 245lbs/250lbs compression rate, the highest of the linear springs. Ie:

Linear springs for Fiesta ST compression rate

ST Suspension (245/250) > Swift Springs (212/212) > AP (192/178) > OE (172/137)

Last edited:

kevinatfms

The answer then is the ST Suspension springs with their 20mm/20mm lowering and 245lbs/250lbs compression rate, the highest of the linear springs. Ie:

Linear springs for Fiesta ST compression rate

ST Suspension (245/250) > Swift Springs (212/212) > AP (192/178) > OE (172/137)
Have you actually confirmed the Suspension Techniques spring rate? Last i talked with them it wasnt that high but they didnt seem 100% sure of what the actual rate was.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Also, even though they appear to be linear rate, are we sure that they ARE (given the propensity for ALL of these spring/suspension companies, save for Swift, to mandate progressive rate springs to quell any/all 'harshness' complaints, but still slam the car like most customers desire)? [dunno]

PaulyST

Have you actually confirmed the Suspension Techniques spring rate? Last i talked with them it wasnt that high but they didnt seem 100% sure of what the actual rate was.
@koozy reported the ST suspension spring rates here.

^^^Also, even though they appear to be linear rate, are we sure that they ARE (given the propensity for ALL of these spring/suspension companies, save for Swift, to mandate progressive rate springs to quell any/all 'harshness' complaints, but still slam the car like most customers desire)? [dunno]
AP emailed me answering that question as above These springs are linear but can look progressive . The numerous sites that list them have a mix of linear looking and progressive looking springs, which adds to the confusion. Haven't found actual pictures of the springs and AP didn't have them to send when asked.

Hope someone buys the AP springs to extend out spring knowledge with real items.

Can't comment on ST suspension springs. @koozy has done the majority of research there.

kevinatfms

@koozy reported the ST suspension spring rates here.

AP emailed me answering that question as above These springs are linear but can look progressive . The numerous sites that list them have a mix of linear looking and progressive looking springs, which adds to the confusion. Haven't found actual pictures of the springs and AP didn't have them to send when asked.

Can't comment on ST suspension springs. @koozy has done the majority of research there.
I know what he reported but the last time i asked ST for the rates they were substantially lower than what he posted. I will try to request the specs again from ST to confirm.

If they truly are 245/250 then they are higher spring rates than most of the non-adjustable coilovers on the market including the Bilstein B14 kit.

kevinatfms

Just to confirm....

From KW Automotive, who owns Suspension Techniques:

The front spring rate is around 288
The rear spring rate is around 144

John Carnell
Sales and Technical Support

KW automotive North America, Inc.

So the springs are very stiff up front and only slightly stiffer in the rear for the Suspension Techniques kit number 65824 for the 2014+ Fiesta ST.

kevinatfms

Some information for anyone looking into spring rates or the b-spec suspension setup. Please let me know if there are more to add and i can always put them in.
Spring Rates:
Stock 2014-2015 rates - 171F/143R
Stock 2016-2019 rates - 154F/131R
Swift - 212F/212R
Eibach - 109-172F/58-143R
Mountune - 181F/144R
Suspension Techniques - 245F/250R Confirmed 288F/144R
Whiteline - 222F/165R
Bilstein B14(S/SE/Titanium) 47-167490 - 280F/230R
Bilstein B14(ST) 47-242043 - 280F/230R
Fortune Auto 500 - 392F/196R
ISC Street Kit - 336F/224R
Silvers Neomax - 336F/280R
Yellowspeed Dynamic Pro - 336F/168R
BC Racing BR - 280F/168R
BC Racing DS - 280F/224R
Megan Racing EZII - 280F/224R
Ksport Control Pro - 280F/168R
Meister R Zeta CRD - 280F/168R
HSD Dualtech - 280F/224R
HSD MonoPro "Street Spring" - 280F/224R
HSD MonoPro "Track Spring" - 336F/280R
Ford Racing B-Spec Suspension Kit - M-FR3-FAEB - 450F/500R
Ford Racing Autocross Kit - M-FR3-FAAC - 280F/230R
Vmaxx Coilover Kit - 180F/209-240R

Fiesta B-Spec Suspension Setup:
B-Spec Part Numbers:
B14 Coilover Kits(need one of these two kits for the dampers):
47-167490 – Non-ST coilover kit
47-242043 – ST coilover kit

Camber Plates/Bolts(cars in b-spec are limited to -3.5 degrees up front):
Chris Taylor Racing Services Front Camber Plates
DNA Racing Front Camber Plates
Whiteline Camber Bolts
Eibach Camber Bolts
other misc camber bolt options(12mm)

Spring Assemblies(these are for 500/500 rates but the lengths are correct):
Eibach ERS 2.50 inch dia Coilover Helper Spring × 4
Eibach ERS 2.50 inch dia Coilover Spacer × 4
Eibach ERS 7.00 inch L x 2.50 inch dia x 500 lbs Coil Over Spring × 2(FRONT)
Eibach ERS 6.00 inch L x 2.50 inch dia x 500 lbs Coil Over Spring × 2(REAR)

Eibach Rear Sway Bar:
35143.312 - 21mm rear sway bar

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Some pictures of my completed b-spec setup....

Left b-spec / right B14 kit
RJFR2584.JPG
QUVX0374.JPG

I also have a shot of the front dampers from 3 different kits:
Left is HSD Monopro w/ 6k(7" length) springs, Middle is the b-spec and right is the B14 kit. None of the B14 kits are adjusted for height. Just put together.
IMG_0864.JPG

Some information for anyone looking into spring rates or the b-spec suspension setup. Please let me know if there are more to add and i can always put them in.
Spring Rates:
Stock 2014-2015 rates - 171F/143R
Stock 2016-2019 rates - DOES ANYONE HAVE THE 16-19 SUPPLEMENT WITH THE RATES?
Swift - 212F/212R
Eibach - 109-172F/58-143R
Mountune - 181F/144R
Suspension Techniques - 245F/250R Confirmed 288F/144R
Whiteline - 222F/165R
Bilstein B14(S/SE/Titanium) 47-167490 - 280F/230R
Bilstein B14(ST) 47-242043 - 280F/230R
Fortune Auto 500 - 392F/196R
ISC Street Kit - 336F/224R
Silvers Neomax - 336F/280R
Yellowspeed Dynamic Pro - 336F/168R
BC Racing BR - 280F/168R
BC Racing DS - 280F/224R
Megan Racing EZII - 280F/224R
Ksport Control Pro - 280F/168R
Meister R Zeta CRD - 280F/168R
HSD Dualtech - 280F/224R
HSD MonoPro "Street Spring" - 336F/280R
HSD MonoPro "Track Spring" - 336F/280R
Ford Racing B-Spec Suspension Kit - M-FR3-FAEB - 450F/500R
Ford Racing Autocross Kit - M-FR3-FAAC - 280F/230R
Vmaxx Coilover Kit - 180F/209-240R

Fiesta B-Spec Suspension Setup:
B-Spec Part Numbers:
B14 Coilover Kits(need one of these two kits for the dampers):
47-167490 – Non-ST coilover kit
47-242043 – ST coilover kit

Camber Plates/Bolts(cars in b-spec are limited to -3.5 degrees up front):
Chris Taylor Racing Services Front Camber Plates
DNA Racing Front Camber Plates
Whiteline Camber Bolts
Eibach Camber Bolts
other misc camber bolt options(12mm)

Spring Assemblies(these are for 500/500 rates but the lengths are correct):
Eibach ERS 2.50 inch dia Coilover Helper Spring × 4
Eibach ERS 2.50 inch dia Coilover Spacer × 4
Eibach ERS 7.00 inch L x 2.50 inch dia x 500 lbs Coil Over Spring × 2(FRONT)
Eibach ERS 6.00 inch L x 2.50 inch dia x 500 lbs Coil Over Spring × 2(REAR)

Eibach Rear Sway Bar:
35143.312 - 21mm rear sway bar
Taken from 2018 supplement pdf:
1647881192951.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Some pictures of my completed b-spec setup....

View attachment 47620
View attachment 47621

I also have a shot of the front dampers from 3 different kits:
Left is HSD Monopro w/ 6k(7" length) springs, Middle is the b-spec and right is the B14 kit. None of the B14 kits are adjusted for height. Just put together.
View attachment 47622
I had totally misunderstood what you were trying to do, until this post.

I had thought that you were going to use re-valved B6es/B8s, and that Chris Taylor (or whomever) was going to fabricate some threaded sleeves, collars, top mount/camber plates, and rear weight jackers, to go over them, a la Ground Control, in order to turn them into a coil over setup, not use the dampers from the B14 kits.

kevinatfms

I had totally misunderstood what you were trying to do, until this post.

I had thought that you were going to use re-valved B6es/B8s, and that Chris Taylor (or whomever) was going to fabricate some threaded sleeves, collars, top mount/camber plates, and rear weight jackers, to go over them, a la Ground Control, in order to turn them into a coil over setup, not use the dampers from the B14 kits.
Nope, i am going to run the exact setup that is legal in b-spec racing not using the Eibach based coilovers. B14 front dampers are a monotube 46mm bore Bilstein inverted damper. Divorced rear setup though as Eibach is the only company that made a coilover style rear setup for the Fiesta.

Chris Taylor Racing Services states no revalving is needed for the b-spec rates on the B14 kit as it sits but that a revalve would be an easy adjustment when i do rebuild them at a later date.

For now, i will try the off the shelf B8 dampers in the rear or switch to either a set of KYB AGX(for a first gen Focus) or the monotube rear dampers from my HSD Monopro kit. I do not have the original B14 rear damper but from the TUV information, the B8 damper is the diameter and length as the G572 damper from the B14 kit. We will see which works the best.