Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Map switching mods base tune

razorlab

1000 Post Club
OK I may be confused then I will wait till you present more info. But you will still need to mix a E30 or E40 in the tank and the meter will tell you which tune to run (or switch it if that at somepoint happens) Or am I off base on this ?
Yes, for now you will still need to mix based on something like the chart below. However after mixing you will know EXACTLY the % in the tank because the gauge and sensor will tell you.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes, for now you will still need to mix based on something like the chart below. However after mixing you will know EXACTLY the % in the tank because the gauge and sensor will tell you.

Ok I am on the right page then and yes I still have the chart and a couple of handy online apps that work on my Phone http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

Oh one thing I noticed about the Chart it is for 10% Egas I can use Pure 91 and get a lil bump on my Oct. not that is matter but it will affect the mix if doing a full tank..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
That would be awesome.
Tire circumference.... Yea.... I know all that.... You guys all know your tire circumference, right? Lol

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
It has that? Lol.
I've never heard of that, but... I'm not a wheel/tire guy either.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
You can figure out the approx circumference from the overall diameter that manufacturers publish on their site.

A tire with a 24.65 diameter would have a 77.44266415331448 circumference.

Divide diameter by 0.3183

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
To get a bit more detail measure thread depth as they wear.

Also the air pressure can make a pretty big difference and the width of the rim.

AND, tires specs are not always correct, sometimes purposely misleading when it comes to width but usually pretty close in diameter.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
So razor... What effect on the ecu does this tire setting stuff have ? I mean... Besides maybe a speed correction, what can it tell? Not sure what the point is... Having accurate info can't hurt, but what's it control?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
So razor... What effect on the ecu does this tire setting stuff have ? I mean... Besides maybe a speed correction, what can it tell? Not sure what the point is... Having accurate info can't hurt, but what's it control?
Not sure yet, I need to email Braden about it. I would imagine it has links to the speedometer, the ABS system, and maybe the torque vectoring system.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Not to mention that E85 is not always 85% ethanol. They vary it greatly based on climate. The only way to know for sure is to use a sensor.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That is a great function, I was going to ask them about it but now already done, your speedo, odometer, mileage estimate, and just might make a difference in the areas Razor posted which could be fairly important.

Here is the best and easiest way to measure diameter.

Park on a level surface, measure from the ground to the center of the hub/center cap/etc.....double it, that is the best you are going to get.

BUT, it will be different on a hot day, cold day, hot canyon run, autocross, out on the track....so you could check them all and average it or even change it accordingly if going full tilt anal....

If will change less if you use dry air or even better nitrogen which is why it is used by many race teams to control tire temps better as higher temps can change the contact patch and sidewall stiffness significantly.

That is also one of the ways NASCAR guys can make those cars so darn fast, the measure every single tire and can change the stagger of the car with just a lb or two, or less, air pressure adjustment.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The real time mileage on the dash is computed by injector fueling calculations, IPW, and a multiplier. You can also change that in ATR. I change it to make the dash MPG meter more accurate on Ethanol blends. Without it, the dash gauge is off.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I sure do not miss stand alone, piggy back, jetting, etc......so many ways to tune and now look what we get for cheap and all it can do.....and great people figuring it out and sharing it:)

Even if you pay for a custom tune it does not cost that much.

One thing I just found last night is that ATR now has the tables for tire settings that the ECU uses for checks. I'm wondering if that is also tied into the vectoring. I'm going to ask Braden about it.
Not that I've seen thus far. This will help bring anything like cruise control and per wheel speeds back in line but will not effect the odometer or speedometer. The signal for those comes from the ABS module, at the moment.

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB