Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST mentioned in popular Vlog

jeff

2000 Post Club
This is a good video of a good car. If you're over age 40 you probably have a special place in your heart for the early Civic Si and maybe owned one. I always speed Doug up to 1.75x speed until the actual drive happens. In any case he brings up the Fiesta ST at the 21:34 mark and I think it's a very accurate comparison.

That aside, it's nice to hear our cars still getting recognition even after production has ended.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUVnTqLA_b0

It's why the value on these cars is only going to go up. If you want cheap, no frills fun in a new car, there's almost nothing left.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
It's why the value on these cars is only going to go up. If you want cheap, no frills fun in a new car, there's almost nothing left.
Errrhhh...........I'd like to think the value might go up on the FiST but I don't see that happening for 20+ years when they become rare collectables and there are hardly any left. Not anytime soon.

Errrhhh...........I'd like to think the value might go up on the FiST but I don't see that happening for 20+ years when they become rare collectables and there are hardly any left. Not anytime soon.
Same deal with NA and NB Miatas. Four to five years ago, they were worth nothing. Now that nice ones are getting really hard to find, they're starting to go up a bit. They'll never be crazy, but I'd expect a really nice NA is going to be $15k next year and won't ever come down from that.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Same deal with NA and NB Miatas. Four to five years ago, they were worth nothing. Now that nice ones are getting really hard to find, they're starting to go up a bit. They'll never be crazy, but I'd expect a really nice NA is going to be $15k next year and won't ever come down from that.
Yeah I hear you....redline just did a review of a fifth gen Prelude, I am sure values are moving up as we speak. Seems like 90s Japanese cars are gaining value right now big time.

Be interesting to see if there are Fiesta STs in one piece in 15-20 years. I know the powertrains are generally considered reliable, but I’m not sold that the rest of the car will go the distance, already starting to see rust bubbling under the paint in the seams around the hatch, and I live in a pretty bare-metal friendly climate. I’m sure a couple will make it, but I don’t think ford did a great job with paint and general construction.

Not that Mazda has historically had great rust proofing either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk