Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HBEcoBeaST

That's incredible. I get around 22.5mpg on 93
and probably around 18 on e30

exact same driving conditions, with moderate boosting in the city and shifting at 2-3k rpm 90% of the time.
I've definitely had 18mpg tanks on e30 but I get better mpg not shifting as much. Weird concept I know but keeping it in the power band helps mpg vs constantly lugging it at 2000rpm every time you shift. When I was learning how to drive this car I'd get 21mpg on 91oct stock tune. I thought this was an 'economy car'🤣

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

Yeah. Stage "2.5" (no dp) E30 stratified tune

Maybe it makes a huge diff since you said you're just on drop-in filter?
I doubt the filter really helps that much. Maybe you're in an area where you can have more 'fun'. If I do autocross or similar I can get 16-18mpg.

The Stratified tune helped me not 'mash' the throttle since that would usually result in loss of traction instead of excellerating. The power band is very wide I enjoy the torque vs winding it out. This isn't a high horespower car anyways. Are you constantly flooring it?

I plan on going over 5lbs lighter per corner once I save up for my 16" slipstreams. Hopefully that will help mpg too.

AzNightmare

I doubt the filter really helps that much. Maybe you're in an area where you can have more 'fun'. If I do autocross or similar I can get 16-18mpg.

The Stratified tune helped me not 'mash' the throttle since that would usually result in loss of traction instead of excellerating. The power band is very wide I enjoy the torque vs winding it out. This isn't a high horespower car anyways. Are you constantly flooring it?

I plan on going over 5lbs lighter per corner once I save up for my 16" slipstreams. Hopefully that will help mpg too.

Not "fun" at all in my area, lol. I live in a congested city with your typical average rush hour traffic so I hardly floor it. Maybe just a quick 3rd gear boost to 5-6k rpm if I get the chance to when there's an open lane in traffic. My gauge reads that I average about 15 mph when I drive.

I modded my intake box so it's like the ST200 version, put in a hose and got a bigger intake hose. also added a snorkel in the front. (Purely for looks, no idea if it makes any diff).
I do have mishimoto IC and Cobb exhaust.

Realistic day to day driving in NYC has yielded my FiST 22-24MPG US. Guessing around a 60/40% City/HWY split. If I REALLY hammer the throttle it drops down to 20MPG flat. On a round trip to Philly area and back this week was 264 miles and I managed to use only 6.58 gallons or 40+MPG. WOW! I didn't think that could happen. I was using the cruise control the entire time except in the city where there's stop and go traffic. On the highway I would constantly cancel and resume to match speeds of cars & traffic. Every chance I could anticipate a slow down I would CANCEL to bring my instantaneous MPG to 99 even while I'm in gear. I can coast pretty far without engine braking. So there's no need to constantly take it out of gear and into neutral. It really makes a difference. I drove around mid 50MPH to low 70s. Not lightning fast but not a hazard either.

Usually when I accelerate with my lead foot, it would drop the instantaneous down to 6-7MPG. When I use cruise control it only drops down to 15-16MPG. Cruise control is the key. Unfortunately it only activated above 20MPH.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Other people think that because of it's size. WE know better. Turbos have to be fed. More air, more fuel...
Yep, everyone is so surprised when I tell them I average 23.5mpg. I'm certainly not complaining. My other toy gets half that lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I did a little experiment during this past winter. I decided to track and monitor my mpg for the past 2000 miles since my commute is quite long to work. Currently running Cobb Stage 1 91 tune (although using 93 octane V-Power fuel) with 15 inch Michelin X-Ice snow tires and only a green panel filter. My driving habits consist of a 40 mile commute each way to work, 30 of which on on the NJ Turnpike and the remaining are on back roads. I set the cruise control to 71 mph on the highway, full WOT on all on ramps, and mixed stop and go for 10 miles on the commute home. With all these factors taken into consideration for the past 2000 miles my fuel gauge is pretty much dead on 33.2 mpg. The only thing I haven't done is figure my mpg manually which i know our gauge can be off. My gauge hasn't changed from 33.2 in over two weeks no matter if I go slower or faster so overall it seems the best I can get with my driving habits and commute is about 33 mpg which is exactly what the claimed combined economy is on our cars. I know this will go down in the summer when I'm hooning on the weekends but just thought I'd share my mpg over the course of 2000 miles this winter.

I've driven the car with 4 different tune files, all the same travel routes and similar conditions. It is 90% back roads and 8% city, 2% highway. I think the back roads are hardest on MPG because you speed up to 50-55, then stop, speed up, stop. Much more accelerating than in town. I probably average a single gear WOT pull per trip, sometimes none, but rarely more than twice.

Stock: 27.5 indicated, 27.1 calculated
Mountune (not MP215): 26.4 indicated, 25.5 calculated
Cobb OTS Stage 1 v503: 28.3 indicated, haven't calculated yet
Stratified v3 flash: never payed attention, only ran for a short time but will be going back and trying it again shortly.

out of 5796 miles ive averaged 26.7 a lot of which was winter driving with the head and defrosters on full blast.
last fill up i was 28.2 mpg
best ive gotten was 29.5
Been running 93 since i purchased the car.

I'm only getting 22.9 lol (always have had 93 octane) but i work like 2.5 miles from my house and its multiple stop signs and two stoplights. It also doesn't help that I have this stretch of road that I drive that's about 1/2 mile (speed limit is 55) so when I turn right i like to make a short blast before turning into work. When I drive to Florida in a couple weeks I'll be interested to see what mileage i get.

55mph from wappingers falls to the Bronx im getting 40plus. I can upload a video or post a link. I also have 15" wheels that weigh 11.4lbs each and tires that weigh 18lbs each on a cobb ots stage 3 tune.

LILIKE16ST

55mph from wappingers falls to the Bronx im getting 40plus. I can upload a video or post a link. I also have 15" wheels that weigh 11.4lbs each and tires that weigh 18lbs each on a cobb ots stage 3 tune.
I only dropped 6 lbs per corner on my wheel setup and I noticed more than 1 mpg gain with the switch with your setup I can imagine that being even more. What tires are you running that weigh 18 lbs? I assume you're running 6ul wheels at 11.4 lbs each am I correct in that assumption?

LILIKE16ST

My mpg with my setup in my signature and a stratified e30 tune I'm getting 27.2 as indicated and I have no reset it since I started running an ethanol mix back in February I feel that's pretty good on e30 and I don't exactly baby the car around either.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I get 23 MPG on Stratified E30 and 25.5 MPG on 93. 75% highway between 80-90MPH and 25% backroads.

Those getting in the 30’s, how fast do you cruise at on the highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

I get 23 MPG on Stratified E30 and 25.5 MPG on 93. 75% highway between 80-90MPH and 25% backroads.

Dude I'm with you on the E30 mpg. I get low 20s sometimes 19 mostly city. Even cruising in slower traffic on the highway I barely see mid 20s. Your numbers are normal for someone who is enjoying the car.

If you're on big open highways with no traffic (i.e. the country) you can set cruise control. You can drive like a grandma around town and 'baby it' for higher mpg too.

If you're truly chasing mpgs ditch the E30 and stay out of boost. Sounds fun doesn't it?

But... Most of us got this car with the intentions of driving it the way it was built to be driven.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dude I'm with you on the E30 mpg. I get low 20s sometimes 19 mostly city. Even cruising in slower traffic on the highway I barely see mid 20s. Your numbers are normal for someone who is enjoying the car.

If you're on big open highways with no traffic (i.e. the country) you can set cruise control. You can drive like a grandma around town and 'baby it' for higher mpg too.

If you're truly chasing mpgs ditch the E30 and stay out of boost. Sounds fun doesn't it?

But... Most of us got this car with the intentions of driving it the way it was built to be driven.

Don't get me wrong, I rarely worry about my MPG's. It just surprises me sometimes with the MPG's a lot of folks are getting. I drove out to Western PA a few months back where I didn't go over 70 MPH and cruised around 50-60 MPH mostly and got 34MPG on 93 octane. That reaffirmed that the car could still do it and that it was just my heavy foot.

It is hard for me to cruise at 70 MPH when traffic is light on a highway I know very well. I typically set my cruise control for 89 MPH on a 70 MPH speed limit road and get ~24 MPG on 93 octane, which isn't terrible.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

I am also Stratified E30 and also get 23mpg. Fuck it. Lol

I'm confident the 30mpg'ers are driving it like a grandma. Even on pure highway cruising I don't get 30mpg. Those folks must be cruising at 65 to get 30+

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk