Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Oil filter Part Numbers

I am running the FL-400S now, but I'm going with RAAMaudio's recommendation on the Napa Gold 1355, just hope I can get the huge sucker it in there with the stock cooler. Now at 5K transitioning to Rotella T6.

BTW, I'd like to thank [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] for what I've seen to be priceless contributions to this community.

I just wanted to bump and promote this thread as being super helpful. I just ordered a Wix 51348 for $7.05 on Prime. [cool]

I am running the FL-400S now, but I'm going with RAAMaudio's recommendation on the Napa Gold 1355, just hope I can get the huge sucker it in there with the stock cooler. Now at 5K transitioning to Rotella T6.

BTW, I'd like to thank [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] for what I've seen to be priceless contributions to this community.
So did the filter end up fitting with the stock cooler? One of the first things I thought about when getting the car was if I could stick a larger filter on. I have been doing it for ages on my Nissan's.

So did the filter end up fitting with the stock cooler? One of the first things I thought about when getting the car was if I could stick a larger filter on. I have been doing it for ages on my Nissan's.
It is a tight fit, mainly getting it in and around the coolant lines. One of those 'up in one way' then rotate and let the filter drop into place. It also helped to rotate one of the coolant line clamps to give me more room. She drank a full jug of Rotella --not a drop more needed-- for the level to end up at mid between min/max. Not a hint of an issue during nor after a track day at Laguna Seca (back in Feb 26). Go for it!

I definitely am going to do this when my first oil change comes along. It's the little things that are often overlooked but have a big impact.

Also these should work, if you feel like spending some extra coin. They are about $130-140 respectively.

Canton Racing Products 25-164 Spin-On CM Oil Filter 3.4" Tall 3/4"-16 Thread

Canton Racing Products 25-264 Spin-On CM Oil Filter 4.25" Tall 3/4"-16 Thread

Bluedrank

For those running the fl400s, how much additional oil needs to be added when you do the oil change?

Do you have a catch can installed while running rotella T6 oil? seems people have experienced no oil in the catch can after the switch. I'm thinking of jumping on the Rotella T6 bandwagon myself

Do you have a catch can installed while running rotella T6 oil? seems people have experienced no oil in the catch can after the switch. I'm thinking of jumping on the Rotella T6 bandwagon myself
I have the mishi OCC. installed less than 1k miles ago and there was about 1/2 tbsp of oil in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have been using WIX 51516. Same diameter as stock but a little longer.

Any conformation if the WIX 51516 and Napa 1355 are the same size as they appear to be? You folks getting an even 5 quarts with those filters?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I was using a longer and much wider NAPA/WIX filter but when I installed the boost pipe with WMI bung I had to go back to stock size filters but next change going to go to NAPA and look through all they have and find the biggest I can possibly fit.

Im jumping on the T6 bandwagon and also the Napa Gold oversized oil filter bandwagon this afternoon. 28$ Synth oil change for the win.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also these should work, if you feel like spending some extra coin. They are about $130-140 respectively.

Canton Racing Products 25-164 Spin-On CM Oil Filter 3.4" Tall 3/4"-16 Thread

Canton Racing Products 25-264 Spin-On CM Oil Filter 4.25" Tall 3/4"-16 Thread

How do these Work? Do you clean them or are the 1 time use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Funny how people will bash on Fram, but it's only the cheap orange ones that suck, there are at least 2 levels better, not orange, that are just fine... Anyway, a great filter for the money is the Bosch Premium Filtech 3330. Cost like $6 and has an excellent anti-drain back valve so it will stay full to avoid dry starts. Designed in Germany and made in USA. Only down side is that it holds only average of 14 grams of dirt, but that's PLENTY if you are smart and change your oil every 5000 miles, which you should with a GDI-T motor anyway. No need to spend more on the extended life filters as our oil gets diluted with gas and should be changed more often than the 10k the manual recommends. I used Castrol Magnatec full synthetic that was only $17, makes for a cheap quality oil change!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Use the Motorcraft FL-400S filter. It is about 1 inch longer and more filter area than the stock filter.