Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST - Possible Purchase

cchrisv

Hello,

I currently own a 2010 VW GTI DSG 2dr. I am seriously considering moving up to a Fiesta ST. Everything I've read and watched thinks I will love this car. I haven't been able to find one within an hours drive of me. Therefore, I have not been able to test drive one.

I am a bigger guy 6ft 260lbs. I am concerned I will look like a giant in this car. I am also concerned about the space inside. What are larger peoples experience? Also, how do you feel about the cargo area? I really want to stay with a hatchback and get a 5 dr. I carry around 2x Puggle's quite often. It has been a hassle with the 2dr GTI to transport them.

I appreciate any information :)

Try using cars.com to search for an ST close to you-use the advanced options search and type ST in the keyword box with manual trans and hatchback options checked and it will narrow it down. I bought my ST in Maryland on the eastern shore, all I could find were STs near DC/Baltimore/Annapolis until I came across the one I bought...also make sure you test drive one with the Recaro seats and one with the standard sport seats. Good luck on your future purchase and welcome to the forums!

SICKESSS-ST

You can also try Truecar.com, it seemed very helpful when I started my search.

As far as size goes, I'm also 6', I was about 280lbs when I bought it. Initially the Recaros were tight but eventually I "broke them in" and were fine, I'm now 240lbs and I really like them, IMO, you have to get them. Like TuxAndRoll said, test them both, but keep in mind that the Recaros, with time, will adjust to your body.

mine does not have the recaro's, and im 6' 190lbs and have all kinds of room. the seat bolsters are kinda flat, but do good while having fun on the street, but are a little lacking on the track they are comfy though. some things that bother a little, but not a deal breaker are that they put a soft touch dash in it, but have hard plastic center arm rest and door sill, which is where i usually put my elbows, but after a few weeks i just didnt put em there anymore. as far as space goes there's not alot behind the rear seats, enough for 2 weeks groceries (well unless you have a large family), but the back seats can accommodate full size adults if you move the front seats up a click. as me and 4 friends in similar size and weight (exept jordan who is 6' 250lbs) and took it out for a 120mph blast down a back road! probably wouldn't wanna be in the back seat for more then a 30min-1hr drive though.

as for the rest of the car it puts a smile on my face every day on my daily commute, i like it more everyday i have it!

I went from a 2011 GTI to a FiST about a month or so ago. GTI was more comfortable on long trips, but the FiST is way more fun to drive. I miss my 2.0L TSI motor as it had a better blend of power/economy, but it also shat waterpumps every 25k. I'm 5'9" and 185lbs...I'm pretty athletic and have wide-ish shoulders and back, and I LOVE the Recaros. The base seats in the GTI were an absolute joke for sporty driving. My biggest FiST complaint vs the GTI is the footwell seems narrower so my right leg is always jammed up against the console, and I can't get near as comfortable with the FiST armrest and doorpanel as I could with the GTI's two way adjustable armrest and more generous door panel armrest.

I'm a boxer owner, 6'2", 220... Swimmers build. I also was a mk5 and mk6 owner.

With my budget and size I found the FiST a better fit for me. The bolster in the recaros are nice on track but for around town, in and out at the dog park and grocery getting, I felt it may get annoying.

Yes you will look bigger in this car to others, but you won't feel like it... I hope that makes sense.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm 6' 260lbs and yes, we look like giants-but not as much in the car as getting in and out. Like stated above, you won't really notice it when you're in the car, at least not unless there is another person sitting in the passenger seat. If you get Recaro's they are definitely going to feel tight but don't worry, they will break in and feel much better within the first 1k miles or so.

The hatch space is acceptable, especially with the tray in the lower position and even more so if the spare is removed and the tray is on the floor.

You can always go sit in another trim manual Fiesta hatch to get a feel for the size as they are the same platform, you just won't be able to get an idea of the Recaro's.