Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta St Stalled while driving. Many codes

William43

hey first time posting a thread have been trying to figure this out for a while and can’t find my issue on any threads.

So to start out i bought my 2019 Fiesta St with 45k miles on it fbo with s280 big turbo excepttt it had a blown motor which i knew and why i got it so cheap. i planned to swap the engine and as i did so i swapped the engine (Engine from a 2016 Fiesta St with apparently 58k miles from a local but don’t see how a motor from 2016 could have 58k miles) and the turbo kit along with all the other working parts (swapped the turbo because didn’t have stock and planned on just not pushing it to its limits) long story short swap goes well for about a month and a half until i start getting open circuits and weird electrical issue with my 02 sensors causing it to lock the afr. after that happened i got a code i didn’t wanna see p0014 and p0013 so at that point i brought it to a trusted shop of mine and had them test the engine harness. they told me they found multiple shorts throught the whole thing and at that point it would be cheaper for me to find a tested used one to install. So that’s what i did i got a working harness from a 2016 Fiesta St aswell and installed it in the car. it was working for 2 days no codes or anything until i was driving around town, than at a stop sign i could just completely tell something switched up and the idle changed and a wrench along w check engine light popped up and it started getting slower and slower and slower until it stalled out no matter how much gas i gave it. I tried to start it and it just cranked and at that point i checked the codes and there was about 15-20 codes all short related so at that point i wasn’t sure what i could do i cleared the codes and tried to start ot again where it would just crank and wouldn’t start and at this point i only had 4 codes 1 being lost communication with fuel pump module, Fuel pump short, Fuel rail pressure, and a coolant bypass code for some reason. so i left it the night unsure what to do i come back the next day and the battery was dead so i got a jump pack and to my suprise the car started and idled basically normal for like 3-4 minutes all the while the car has the whole array of 20 codes. as i was about to try and drive it in hopes of it being the battery bugging the system out it dies out on me and wouldn’t start? all i can think of at this point is it being my ecu failing. because before not it has had occasional random stalls and not the smoothest idle. i have reflashed it with my ap and not had it plugged in manyyyy times and have even had it been dead on me after a retune and had to jump it before starting would that cause any excessive wear on the ecu? just really trying to solve this as it’s my daily and i cant figure it out. i have thought about the fuse or module or relay option but i don’t see why it would by throwing 15-20 codes just if it was a fuse relay or module considering before this all happened i had 0 codes and it was running normal the prior 2 days
Any help appreciated very much